Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 35 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

No one seems to be going for Rashford? He didn't start last night so surely has the best chance to start this weekend. Am I missing something?

Can't afford to get bruno in without losing Salah and don't think it is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Seen Ole also mentioned the Maguire has played every game so far this season but that will change.

Ffs should i not get Greenwood in now and look elsewhere. This is so annoying ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Jrod also missing at least one game, so that changes my plans again.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1390646473205952515

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

This GW is going to be carnage and so much frustration and full of disappointment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

No surprise. Don't think any United player is going to play all 3 games especially with the Europa league final looming in a couple weeks time.

Best to treat this GW as a DGW

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status/1390646046154498048?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mectavba wrote: »
    No one seems to be going for Rashford? He didn't start last night so surely has the best chance to start this weekend. Am I missing something?

Can't afford to get bruno in without losing Salah and don't think it is worth it

Rashford has had an ankle/foot issue for last few weeks, but he comes across as the type that always wants to play and will fight on through it. He hasn't completed 90 mins in the last few games, and as you said didn't start last night. I think you can get better for 9.6m investment though.

Logic would say Maguire would want to play against Leicester and/or Liverpool, so might miss Villa game, but it's all a guessing game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

I never understand this thought process. Just because you have competing players in your team doesn't mean it's going to influence the outcome. Hedging your bets is a better option than going all in on one team or the other. Plus, both teams could score heavily and the defenders might gain attacking points.

It's not the be all and end all but it's something to definitely be aware of. If you have 3 defenders up against 3 attackers, in general if your 3 attackers score, your 3 defenders blank. And vice versa.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

Is Cavani a good United option? Anyone looking at him seriously? He's arguably United's most in form attacker at the moment. Looked sharp against Roma. But big rotation risk clearly. You'd be lucky to get 180 mins out of him across two games arguably.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭JPup

Degag wrote: »
    It's not the be all and end all but it's something to definitely be aware of. If you have 3 defenders up against 3 attackers, in general if your 3 attackers score, your 3 defenders blank. And vice versa.

I think that thinking only really comes into the equation on a free hit. Otherwise, you are selecting players with a few gameweeks in mind. You'll always get some weeks where there is an overlap of fixtures in your team.

What's everyone's reason for jumping back on Calvert Lewin?

Would it be worth going -4 to bring him in for Bamford.....

Ffs why do I do this haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fitz* wrote: »
    Going by this, I'd take a guess that United will rotate heavily in the Leicester game. He also alluded to Maguire not playing all 3 games.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/1390645974285049864

Was all set on a Salah captaincy, but the in-form player in the league up against Newcastle and United Bs in a double is a really tempting proposition...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Something similar here. Not pulled the trigger yet but for a -8. Thought I was going a bit extreme but seeing your post has given me a little reassurance. We can't both be mad surely :eek:

Kane to Wally Otkins (Have DCL already)
    Son to Salah
    Stones to Trent

Can we? Can we both be mad? Can we? Tell me godammit!!

My doubt is the selling of 2 Spurs players for the pool punt. I'm only 8 behind in my money league so need to keep the head a little.

Haha we may well be mad but it might be fun! I did the first part last night (Kane&Son to Salah&DCL) but will be getting Kane back in next week and may get Bale instead of Son. My conundrum now is if Trent is worth a -8 over the next few weeks. Looking at their fixtures I would probably say yes but still hesitating pushing the button! I'm nowhere near in contention in money leagues at this stage but in your position i'd probably be a bit more cautious! I do like your proposed transfers though. What sort of shape is the guy ahead of you in?

Now im thinking of bringing DCL in for Bamford and maybe keeping Jota instead of Greenwood.

Or would Greenwood playing a part over 3 games be worth more than whatever Jota does? That would include a minus four.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,794 ✭✭✭893bet

Any news on Zaha fitness?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Its him or Greenwood instead of Jota for me currently.

Have you a free hit still?Jota plays in 36 and Greenwood doesn’t, effectively costing you 8 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

JPup wrote: »
    I think that thinking only really comes into the equation on a free hit. Otherwise, you are selecting players with a few gameweeks in mind. You'll always get some weeks where there is an overlap of fixtures in your team.

Of course it's unavoidable but what i'm saying is that if you have 2 defenders, one up against a striker you also own and another who isn't, you should probably pick the one who isn't if it ordinarily would be a 50/50 pick between both.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

My Free Hit Team.
    Arsenal only have the UEFA cup qualification to play for now so I think they have to play their best team in premier league. So I feel it's only because I have exact money for it I have Abu in my team. His competition would be Zaha/Ward Prowse.

Guaita
    Digne / Castagne / A-Arnold
    Abu/Salah/Fernandes (c)/Greenwood
    Cavani/Iheanacho/Calver-Lewin.

Bench is all non playing rubbish. I almost made the bench it's that bad.

What would you change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Current squad:

Martinez Areola
    Digne TAA Struijk Konsa Ward
    Raphinha Bruno Salah Lingard Son
    Iheanacho Watkins Kane

Considering a -12 for my bench boost:

Phillips in for Struijk
    Greenwood in for Raphinha
    Zaha in for Son
    Henderson in for Areola

Would leave me with:

Martinez Henderson
    Digne TAA Phillips Konsa Ward
    Greenwood Bruno Salah Lingard Zaha
    Iheanacho Watkins Kane

Not seeing a better week to play bench boost. Main issues are obviously Son and Areola.

893bet wrote: »
    Any news on Zaha fitness?

Sounds like he may be fit.

https://twitter.com/MattWoosie/status/1390644301160386560

Which actually has me thinking of a -8 now.

Sanchez -> Henderson
    Dallas -> Shaw
    Jrod -> Zaha

I'd be gaining a couple of extra starts anyways with Thomas & Jrod, so the -8 should be covered somewhat but it is an awful lot of reliance on Utd clean sheets for points.

it gives me 22 for GW35 but the bare 11 for GW36 before the FT.

The alternative is

Sanchez -> Henderson
    Thomas -> Ward
    Jrod -> Zaha

Have Utd coverage in defence, but also has other defence also and not reliant on a rotated side.
    This also gives me 22 for GW35 & I'm well covered for GW36 with 13 before the FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Fitz* wrote: »
    Sounds like he may be fit.

https://twitter.com/MattWoosie/status/1390644301160386560

Which actually has me thinking of a -8 now.

Sanchez -> Henderson
    Dallas -> Shaw
    Jrod -> Zaha

I'd be gaining a couple of extra starts anyways with Thomas & Jrod, so the -8 should be covered somewhat but it is an awful lot of reliance on Utd clean sheets for points.

it gives me 22 for GW35 but the bare 11 for GW36 before the FT.

The alternative is

Sanchez -> Henderson
    Thomas -> Ward
    Jrod -> Zaha

Have Utd coverage in defence, but also has other defence also and not reliant on a rotated side.
    This also gives me 22 for GW35 & I'm well covered for GW36 with 13 before the FT.

Just reading some of the comments on the thread has me avoiding doubling up on United defence. I am happy just to go with Henderson and see in my bench boost does he score 4 or more than Areola who I currently have. I think the Villa match is the best chance of a clean sheet.

• Advertisement

claw wrote: »
    Just reading some of the comments on the thread has me avoiding doubling up on United defence. I am happy just to go with Henderson and see in my bench boost does he score 4 or more than Areola who I currently have. I think the Villa match is the best chance of a clean sheet.

There's also the chance in the Liverpool game IMO. Those games have tended to be 0-0 in recent years, as have a lot of the top 6 United games this season.

I think I might just take the chance with Henderson & Ward in defence. Spread the risk/pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Have 2 FT but thinking of a very boring Mendy to Pickford to set me up for next week and getting Kane back in. Also considering guiata but I think Pickford will outscore him for the rest of the season, as long as he doesn't lose his place again.

Sitting at about 75k overall so happy to play it fairly conservatively. Really wanted to captain Nacho or Salah but will play it safe with Bruno.

Have 7 DGWs and 2 TGWs but have a feeling it could be a bit of a damp squib as there'll be a lot rested, the likes of Kane or son (even lingard, wood) could outscore some of the DGWers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Haha we may well be mad but it might be fun! I did the first part last night (Kane&Son to Salah&DCL) but will be getting Kane back in next week and may get Bale instead of Son. My conundrum now is if Trent is worth a -8 over the next few weeks. Looking at their fixtures I would probably say yes but still hesitating pushing the button! I'm nowhere near in contention in money leagues at this stage but in your position i'd probably be a bit more cautious! I do like your proposed transfers though. What sort of shape is the guy ahead of you in?

He has double Pool defence (Robbo and Trent) and Jota. I probably wouldn't be considering Trent if he didn't have him. So he's maxed on Liverpool already.

I hope he doesn't go getting rid of one to bring Salah in. Salah is to going to be my big differential hopefully.

Our teams have been ridiculously similar lately. Last week we had 7 players, Martinez, Lingard, Bruno, Son, Kane, Jota and Nacho. He's followed me with my transfers the last few weeks so it's been a grind. I wouldn't go so far as to say he copied mine but with 500 quid on the line it's quite possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Jota or Greenwood?

Currently have Jota with 0.3 in bank. Can transfer in Mason who is currently in better form but will he play all 3 games. Same can be said for Jota who could easily be rotated.

Squad is
    Martinez, McCarthy
    Shaw, Rudiger, Coleman, Struijk, Thomas (Leicester),
    Salah, Lingard, Bruno (c), Son, Jota
    Wood, Kane, Nacho
    Playing bench boost this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Tempted to get rid of Azpi for Maguire/Shaw but it feels like a sideways move.

Fwiw I think Azpi will play one from 2, and the Utd lads will prob play 2 from 3. And both will blank next GW anyway so it seems like a waste of a transfer almost.

Although having said all that, a couple of clean sheets for Utd could be damaging in OR and prob one of my money leagues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Tempted to get rid of Azpi for Maguire/Shaw but it feels like a sideways move.

Fwiw I think Azpi will play one from 2, and the Utd lads will prob play 2 from 3. And both will blank next GW anyway so it seems like a waste of a transfer almost.

Although having said all that, a couple of clean sheets for Utd could be damaging in OR and prob one of my money leagues

I'm getting rid of Azpi for this reason to Maguire most likely.

Setting my team up so I can at least bench Maguire or transfer out next week, happy with rest of team. Azpi is too much of a rotation risk and only see him playing 1 of the games with no CS guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Whos the obvious captain choice this week? Greenwood or bruno?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Option A - 8
    Kane to Wally Otkins (Have DCL already)
    Son to Salah
    Stones to Trent

Option B - 4
    Bruno - Salah
    Lingard - Greenwood

I feel I need Salah this week and these look like my only reasonable options to get him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

NN215 wrote: »
    Whos the obvious captain choice this week? Greenwood or bruno?

Salah. Likely to play 180 mins, reckon neither of the other two will top that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭onrail

Earleybird wrote: »
    Salah. Likely to play 180 mins, reckon neither of the other two will top that.

Fear is a terrible thing. My head says Salah, but the FFScout poll has Bruno at a crazy high percentage. If protecting a lead, it's difficult to look past the percentages.

Advertisement