Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Ireland App now live

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Only 14 scores entered in our place today

played on my own as other lad was a no show.

so am i putting the score on the golfireland app or via the club itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

What's your club out of interest?

Oughterard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Have you pre-registered the round? if you haven't pre-registered i dont think you will be able to enter the score now?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

Only 14 scores entered in our place today

How do you find that info?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭finglashoop

etxp wrote: »
    Have you pre-registered the round? if you haven't pre-registered i dont think you will be able to enter the score now?

to be honest i didnt even think of it.

was just happy to be back playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

If you played on your own you cannot enter your score for handicap purposes - even if you had declared in advance that you were playing - as you need a marker to confirm your scores if using the app and in any event your card still has to be handed in at the club with a markers signature and retained for inspection if required.

23 people entered scores in my club yesterday and I'd say most of them were just like myself in that we wanted a 2021 score on our record and to see what happens when it got updated on Golf Ireland that night for the first time.

23 people entered scores in my club yesterday and I'd say most of them were just like myself in that we wanted a 2021 score on our record and to see what happens when it got updated on Golf Ireland that night for the first time.

And what happened? did you have to contact the club or did they have to approve?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

And what happened? did you have to contact the club or did they have to approve?

I entered my score in App yesterday. Once you have finished and closed off the round in the app the marker gets a notification in their app to approve the score. Once he did that my score appeared in my handicap automatically and my handicap adjusted.

Poker Face wrote: »
    I entered my score in App yesterday. Once you have finished and closed off the round in the app the marker gets a notification in their app to approve the score. Once he did that my score appeared in my handicap automatically and my handicap adjusted.

Sounds like i could just "forget" to pay the charge my club is saying and the card will still count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭blue note

How do you know how many submitted scores? Is that info available on the app?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,718 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Poker Face wrote: »

Does it have to be 18 holes or can 9 holes count?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15,851 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does it have to be 18 holes or can 9 holes count?

9 is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

higster wrote: »
    How do you find that info?

I have access to our clubhouse site. On handicap committee and run our teams

I have access to our clubhouse site. On handicap committee and run our teams

Do you get an alert when someone has submitted a score, or do you need to go in and manually check/run a report?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭blackbox

It said on the blurb that you would be able to see the handicap indexes of fellow club members, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭blue note

blackbox wrote: »
    It said on the blurb that you would be able to see the handicap indexes of fellow club members, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Any suggestions?

Look up a member and click on them. You'll get it that way. I think through the friend section.

Any suggestions?

Go into friends and throw a name in

Any suggestions?

Click on menu option on top left. Then go to Player Search / Peer Review. Type name at the top, give it a few seconds to search and record will appear

blue note wrote: »
    How do you know how many submitted scores? Is that info available on the app?

I have access to the club admin portal as I'm on the Committee.

• Advertisement

Nothing exciting happened :D it just appears on your record in Golf Ireland. It all happens automatically every night. From what I can see the club dont have to approve but I'm told the card does have to be submitted physically to them or it can be taken off your record.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Do you get an alert when someone has submitted a score, or do you need to go in and manually check/run a report?

Need to run a report

Nothing exciting happened :D it just appears on your record in Golf Ireland. It all happens automatically every night. From what I can see the club dont have to approve but I'm told the card does have to be submitted physically to them or it can be taken off your record.

I didnt read anywhere in the GI info that you had to return the card, kind of defeats the purpose of the App i would have thought?

I didnt read anywhere in the GI info that you had to return the card, kind of defeats the purpose of the App i would have thought?

I may have been misinformed so I'll check that out later.

have you played yet?
    did they catch you :D

Seve OB wrote: »
    have you played yet?
    did they catch you :D

haha no playing on Friday.

I just need to convince my playing partner to try do it too. Does the marker have to submit a score also?

I've already text the captain about it and emailed the committee when it was mentioned at the AGM, so they will probably be keeping an eye on me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭willabur

When you declare your intent to track your score pre round in the club house - what action does the club then take? Is this action what makes necessary the return of the completed card?

haha no playing on Friday.

I just need to convince my playing partner to try do it too. Does the marker have to submit a score also?

I've already text the captain about it and emailed the committee when it was mentioned at the AGM, so they will probably be keeping an eye on me! :D

No he doesn't have to. He will just need to have app set up so that after the round he can approve your score.

I may have been misinformed so I'll check that out later.

Still checking this out but our hc guru at the club reckons Golf Ireland have left it optional and the club can decide to insist a card is dropped in for casual rounds as well as the player using the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Experience with app to date...

Played Monday, submitted a terrible 18 hole scorecard via app. First day back and all that. Scorecard is still "Awaiting attestation". Might have been due to entering scores at home instead of on course. Or playing partner messed up approval. I don't know.

Played 9 holes on Tuesday again with the same playing partner. Played out of my skin has one of my best ever scores. This time I was on course when submitting and scorecard was "Approved" again on course. No cut as yet.

No sign of Mondays scorecard on playing partners app so it looks like it will stay "Awaiting attestation". Can't resubmit so it is in limbo.

Also playing partner could not get his location services working on phone so could not submit scorecard via app. It came up as "Location unavailable" on course.

Advertisement