Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Farming Protest @ Dublin City Centre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

To ppl saying they have work/lives so can’t go and join the protest

What the hell do you think the farmers are doing-do you think this is all for the craic and a lark trip to dublin ?

They are obviously just up for the sales

• Registered Users Posts: 12,365 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

is_that_so wrote: »
    It really isn't. Most protests are around abortion and suchlike thing with a peppering of unknown local issues and then the usual suspects do get a run out about once a month over something.

I do wonder about that, the last time I passed a group was protesting about some obscuer issue in Roscommon now it may well be important to them but what do they hope to achieve? the government have very little control over the issue in qustion, what the protestors were essentially asking was the government to direct an organisation to do something that would cost them a fortune in order to keep jobs in a locality.

Its an almost child-like belief in the fat chief or big man up there to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

What the hell do you think the farmers are doing-do you think this is all for the craic and a lark trip to dublin ?

Ppl are so so so so frustrated

Mixed with sheer anger

This protest is a result of that.

I wish it had been addressed by the minister and his govt but no.

Rural Ireland has had to take its grievances to central dublin and they should be addressed.

Second time I’ve had to repeat a question to you.

Are you there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Scroungers the lot of them. They've had lifetimes/generations of handouts and money thrown at them for nothing. They've been riding the gravy train too long.

Then have the cheek to come looking for even more with cap in hand and the "poor little country farmer we don't have a pot to piss in" attitude.

This shower are worse than the extinction rebellion lot, they at least have some worthwhile cause. There's no support from them and any chance they had of gaining any has swiftly gone with this bull****. Pardon the pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

At this stage creed will have to step down

Weak ineffectual and great man to bluster and bullsh1t. Ppl are sick of it

Creed out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

There’s unreal anger sense of entitlement in rural Ireland. .

FYP

They are obviously just up for the sales

When is culchie day actually? Coincidence?!

At this stage creed will have to step down

Weak ineffectual and great man to bluster and bullsh1t. Ppl are sick of it

You going to apply for the job if he does? You seem qualified

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Slattsy wrote: »
    When is culchie day actually? Coincidence?!

December 8th. They could be here for a while in that case.

Breaking news

Creed folded and is meeting the farmers

To all the ppl asking why the protest is on

This is a Small sign of progress

Wait and see time now

• Advertisement

Ppl are so so so so frustrated

Mixed with sheer anger

This protest is a result of that.

I wish it had been addressed by the minister and his govt but no.

Rural Ireland has had to take its grievances to central dublin and they should be addressed.

Whice is it now, beef prices versus the cost of production protest? or a general rural Ireland catch-all including the cranks protest?

December 8th. They could be here for a while in that case.

They won't last that long with the Dublin prices for hang and cheese sammiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Worth noting that they can't even agree amongst themselves which letter to give Creed.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Scroungers the lot of them. They've had lifetimes/generations of handouts and money thrown at them for nothing. They've been riding the gravy train too long.

Then have the cheek to come looking for even more with cap in hand and the "poor little country farmer we don't have a pot to piss in" attitude.

This shower are worse than the extinction rebellion lot, they at least have some worthwhile cause. There's no support from them and any chance they had of gaining any has swiftly gone with this bull****. Pardon the pun.

What a cranky rant.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Blocking roads is just a ****ty thing to do, regardless of the protest. I'm all for the right to protest but when it starts affecting the general public getting around then it's just wrong.

I've no opinion on this particular issue, I don't know much about it and I don't really care to be honest. I've no grievance with farmers in general either, but people dumping tractors and jeeps all over the south city to block roads are being pricks. The biggest problem I have though is how the authorities are pandering to all these protest groups. Only a couple of months ago we had that climate change crowd doing the same, they actually had Merrion Sq for the week and then were blocking roads at rush hour.

People have the right to protest, but people also have the right to freedom of movement - this to me seem like the rights of the general public are being ignored to appease farmers/climate change protesters etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Im sick hearing these farmers feed us, not all of us eat beef, and they export the vast majority of it. Seems to be an oversaturated market, maybe try something else lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Breaking news

Creed folded and is meeting the farmers

To all the ppl asking why the protest is on

This is a Small sign of progress

Wait and see time now

But you're at the protest right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Anyone know where I'd get a good /cheap breakfast in the Nassau st area? I have the John Deere parked up there and don't want to be walking too far.

Anyone know where I'd get a good /cheap breakfast in the Nassau st area? I have the John Deere parked up there and don't want to be walking too far.

Are the hang sammichs gone already?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

But you're at the protest right ?

Don't be silly, he's at home charged by the farmers to give boardsies the breaking news.

• Advertisement

I’ve no issues with farmers in general. Hard job I’d imagine and providing a necessary product. But these guys sound like a right angry rabble. No doubt the type who see no issue clogging up a city but would be out waving the shotgun and ranting should you pull off the road onto their property for two minutes to take a call.

Don't be silly, he's at home charged by the farmers to give boardsies the breaking news.

No, I think hes there in his wellies and old German army parka .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

"How to lose public support for your cause 101"

Absolute cretins.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Absolute and utter morons.
    Can we cancel their subsidies (read: handouts) already?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

They are demanding a higher price but they are dealing with a cartel controlled by Larry Goodman. Also inaction from minister Creedregarding the agreement that was reached 2 months ago. Price of beef is now €90 per animal less than the EU average. No of them are looking for a handout just fairplay in the supply chain

and how is this cause by ordinary people just trying to get to work?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Absolute and utter morons.
    Can we cancel their subsidies (read: handouts) already?

“Morons” who have achieved their first aim of getting creed to meet them

Yesterday creed said no way no how

This morning he folded.

This is small progress but progress nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭celt262

MrAbyss wrote: »
    and how is this cause by ordinary people just trying to get to work?

There eating the chape beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

This morning he folded.

Put your cards on the table, Beechwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

This morning he folded.

Right so he agrees to meet them. Can they move the tractors now? They said they would if he agreed to meet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

? Hello?
    Anyone know?
    BTW I can't see how people want to live up here with all the traffic and everything.

Advertisement