Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone SE 32gb is this a bargain?

13»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

tedpan wrote: »
    For you, maybe..

I have a 128GB SD on top of the 64GB integrated storage.

The internal storage fills up with my dash cam footage and need to do a sort out nearly every weekend.

Is that not a daft comparison that's not relevant to 95% of the people on this thread it's the extreme of what people want to use phones for.

I'd say it's akin to someone on the motors forum looking at a Ford Focus and a farmer arriving in and saying it's a useless car as he can't fit 25 tonnes of turf in the boot.

Btw those of you in the market for this phone keep an eye on Argos checker (you can add several stores to track stock) each day, managed to pick up a rose gold one for my mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭rebelbmx

rebelbmx wrote: »

Also forgot to mention 2 year guarantee from John Lewis, whereas Argos gives 1 year.

Also forgot to mention 2 year guarantee from John Lewis, whereas Argos gives 1 year.

You get 2 years under EU law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

kazzer wrote: »
    Would you recommend against the 32GB model? I'm still undecided between the 32GB and 128GB model.

I think the 32gb would be fine, the 16 is manageable but annoying and it became minimalist for me. With 16gb I kept no music only photos on the phone and very little video. Now I will be able to keep lots of both with 128.

I suppose the question is how much do you keep on your current iphone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Redrocket wrote: »
    I think the 32gb would be fine, the 16 is manageable but annoying and it became minimalist for me. With 16gb I kept no music only photos on the phone and very little video. Now I will be able to keep lots of both with 128.

I suppose the question is how much do you keep on your current iphone?

Cheers, I ended up going for the 32GB. Over 20GB free space out of the box, so hopefully I'll get a couple of years out of it before Apple cripple it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Deise_2012

I really need a new phone. I've absolutely no idea about phones in fairness, is that a good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,484 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

For anyone wondering about 32gb vs 128... the thing that makes the 32 so attractive is the price point. The 128 is around the same price as the new oneplus phone which makes you think even more about what one to buy. Having a 16gb myself it's a little annoying having to delete podcasts every few months to free up space, the 32gb would solve that problem. Get a decent cloud service going and you'll never have an issue. The 128 is just a mental size.

Please no apple vs android debate. I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Deise_2012 wrote: »
    I really need a new phone. I've absolutely no idea about phones in fairness, is that a good deal?

It is substantially cheaper than that phone has been for the past few years, and it is a particularly good phone. Is it a good deal is more individual. I just bought it and it is WAY more money than I've ever spent on a handset before, but it is worth it to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I have the 64gb iPhone SE since January (having paid a lot more for it than they are now- shame!) and I love it. Great reliable phone, fast and always get at least a full day out of th battery. I would deffo have snapped up the 32gb at that price if it had been an option for me at the time, I think it's plenty of space for what I use my phone for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,352 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

For anyone wondering about 32gb vs 128... the thing that makes the 32 so attractive is the price point. The 128 is around the same price as the new oneplus phone which makes you think even more about what one to buy. Having a 16gb myself it's a little annoying having to delete podcasts every few months to free up space, the 32gb would solve that problem. Get a decent cloud service going and you'll never have an issue. The 128 is just a mental size.

Please no apple vs android debate. I don't care.

I've a 128GB One Plus 5 and because I've the extra space now I find I'm using it more often. I've increased my Spotify playlists that I've downloaded for offline play and done the same with Netflix.

The extra space has been very handy for me personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I've a 128GB One Plus 5 and because I've the extra space now I find I'm using it more often. I've increased my Spotify playlists that I've downloaded for offline play and done the same with Netflix.

The extra space has been very handy for me personally.

Does anyone know are Vodafone now selling second hand phones. This iPhone says 'like new' but doesn't say any more in description
    http://www.vodafone.ie/dynamic-eshop#product/prepay/apple-iphone-5c-pay-as-you-go/White

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nicklizz Cage

Deise_2012 wrote: »

Cheers OP ended up getting a 32gb for the son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

These appear to be back in stock in some stores and for order in other stores.

I reserved one, so I will possibly pick it up later.

I currently have an iPhone 5 for the last two and a half years. The 16gb I currently have isn't enough, but I reckon the 32gb will be plenty. Also, my iPhone 5 has gone terrible slow.

Presume this will be a massive upgrade on my current phone? Decent price for a brand new iPhone with 32gb, and the specs look good! I actually prefer that it's only a 4 inch screen I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

Just got this phone and it is very very fast. You'll be happy with the upgrade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thanks OP a great bargain.
    I was tempted myself but the 1.5MP front facing camera was a deal breaker for me personally (yes I know this isn't important to many)

I see that there's mummers that the iPhone SE 2 could be released early 2018.

Improved specs touted such as possible 4.2" screen, 5mp front facing camera, and small increase in battery capacity.

I'll be looking to buy that one then in 2019 ;)

Advertisement