Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I had time to make slight changes on the page (hit adult/child option by mistake) and got through straight away on the AB/Us package on my phone (used as a back up)

It's going to be same again next Nov/Dec when the 2019 home 6Ns tickets go on sale. England on Sat 2nd Feb 2019 and France on sun 10th March 2019. Tickets will go like a flash

We may play/both again in Dublin next summer before the world cup

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

FYI the Vodafone link is still live (Goldigga posted it on another thread) and there are still Argentina tickets available on it. Got two today.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/vodafonerugby

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Irish Rugby confirmed on twitter that all NZ tickets are sold out on pre sale and distribution. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

FYI the Vodafone link is still live (Goldigga posted it on another thread) and there are still Argentina tickets available on it. Got two today.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/vodafonerugby
    I know it's too late for this time, but is there a password on the vodafone presale usually? I'm a vodafone customer and all, just didnt know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

Got my Argentina and USA tickets. There seems to be plenty left but only in the corners unless you're paying Tier 1 or Premium money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Redo91

Am I right in saying there are no double packages available?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying there are no double packages available?

Yeah. Just individual tickets, all of the bundles had New Zealand as part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

troyzer wrote: »
    Got my Argentina and USA tickets. There seems to be plenty left but only in the corners unless you're paying Tier 1 or Premium money.
    Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks ,trying to flog the worst seats first .
    There isnt a hope in hell that the Argentina match is almost sold out , it took months to get anywhere near a sellout last year.

Ticketmaster are up to their usual tricks ,trying to flog the worst seats first .
    There isnt a hope in hell that the Argentina match is almost sold out , it took months to get anywhere near a sellout last year.

I think you might be right. Why can't you just be given a seat map of what's available and pick them like you would when booking tickets for the cinema? My own cinema stops you from leaving one seat gaps etc. so all of the obvious problems could be prevented.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,549 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I think you might be right. Why can't you just be given a seat map of what's available and pick them like you would when booking tickets for the cinema? My own cinema stops you from leaving one seat gaps etc. so all of the obvious problems could be prevented.

The seat map is up now ,it kicks in 1 hour into the sale when the demand is less .
    Perhaps alot of the Argentina tickets were sold off in bundles to the clubs .

• Advertisement

The seat map is up now ,it kicks in 1 hour into the sale when the demand is less .
    Perhaps alot of the Argentina tickets were sold off in bundles to the clubs .

Well unless they're still holding back the best seats, looks like I genuinely got the best available going off that map.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Why should they? Season tickets arent going to be in place when you have so many groups who get allocations especially for the high demand 6 Nations games. And when you say charge accordingly what is acceptable for you?

I just hate scrambling for tickets for every event. If you're not a member of a rugby club, it's quite difficult getting tickets. A season ticket would be extremely handy. Linked to Provincial Membership of X years could boost revenue of the Clubs too.

I'd also think a season ticket might put scalpers off a little as you will always get a few tickets that won't necessarily sell out eg USA, Argentina, Italy (maybe), Gerogia etc. Scalpers getting season tickets would likely have to sell those small games for a loss and that would cut into their profits and give them extra work for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I just hate scrambling for tickets for every event. If you're not a member of a rugby club, it's quite difficult getting tickets. A season ticket would be extremely handy. Linked to Provincial Membership of X years could boost revenue of the Clubs too.

I'd also think a season ticket might put scalpers off a little as you will always get a few tickets that won't necessarily sell out eg USA, Argentina, Italy (maybe), Gerogia etc. Scalpers getting season tickets would likely have to sell those small games for a loss and that would cut into their profits and give them extra work for less.

Sign up to your local club...problem solved...no need to play just pay subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I dont see why a season ticket should be introduced. If you're not part of a club/actively involved then tough.
    May appear harsh but always plenty of ways to get tickets anyway. Dont think ive ever not got into a game on match day even when turning up without a ticket
    The season ticket wouldnt put scalpers off any more than now. And how many tickets do you put into a season ticket? IRFU can sell game by game and make more and theyre selling out/close to for most games so why change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I got one single ticket in Block 520 and friends got 2 tickets for Block 512. I know you have to enter seperately mine will be via Landsdowne Lane and they'll be going in Landsdowne Road. Is it possible to meet up inside before the game or are these sections seperated inside? I've been lucky enough that I've never had to suss this out before!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I got one single ticket in Block 520 and friends got 2 tickets for Block 512. I know you have to enter seperately mine will be via Landsdowne Lane and they'll be going in Landsdowne Road. Is it possible to meet up inside before the game or are these sections seperated inside? I've been lucky enough that I've never had to suss this out before!

You might be lucky and can get through before, defo not after. There’s a poster here who works in there can’t think of who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

All these tickets being re sold must be coming from sponsors and supporters club members, clubs, schools, etc haven't distributed theirs yet so cant be them

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

pc7 wrote: »
    You might be lucky and can get through before, defo not after. There’s a poster here who works in there can’t think of who it is.

Before the game you can get around handy enough once you are on the same level ie 500's

After the game they close off doors at certain points to send people out in all directions and reduce crowds.
    You can always just walk back up the nearest stand section to get buy or just walk round from 512 to 520 in the seats once the crowd has died a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Ronney wrote: »
    Before the game you can get around handy enough once you are on the same level ie 500's

After the game they close off doors at certain points to send people out in all directions and reduce crowds.
    You can always just walk back up the nearest stand section to get buy or just walk round from 512 to 520 in the seats once the crowd has died a bit

That's perfect - its only before the game for a few drinks I'd like to meet up with them but we can meet up anywhere outside afterwards. Thanks for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Sign up to your local club...problem solved...no need to play just pay subs.

Not exactly a guarantee of tickets though. Presume each club gets allocation based on size. And allocation could easily be subscribed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭SouthDublin6w

As a season ticket holder who got lucky with the all blacks game. If selling them on can I sell on normally as I would or do they need to prove they are me as name is on the ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

As a season ticket holder who got lucky with the all blacks game. If selling them on can I sell on normally as I would or do they need to prove they are me as name is on the ticket?

They never check ticket names on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

It would appear some All Blacks tickets went on general sale on Ticketmaster this morning.

All gone now but know of a few people who got some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

I got 2 - delighted....so pumped

It would appear some All Blacks tickets went on general sale on Ticketmaster this morning.

All gone now but know of a few people who got some
    Jesus! Did they advertise it at all? Seems a bit ridiculous that some would go on general sale when ST holders didn’t get any.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Redo91 wrote: »
    Jesus! Did they advertise it at all? Seems a bit ridiculous that some would go on general sale when ST holders didn’t get any.

These tickets are returns from rugby clubs and/or corporates and are usually limited to small numbers. They can be returned at various times and put on sale every few weeks so advertising them is not really worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

These tickets are returns from rugby clubs and/or corporates and are usually limited to small numbers. They can be returned at various times and put on sale every few weeks so advertising them is not really worthwhile.

Yeah this basically.

I think a mate of mine set up an alert so he got notified.

I had mine so didn't go shopping.

But apparently there was less than 300 or so on offer

Yeah this basically.

How do you set up alerts? I can't find it and I missed this morning.

• Advertisement

Yeah this basically.

How do you set up alerts? I can't find it and I missed this morning.

Yes I’ve tried doing this before and I wasn’t able.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement