Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Even Christy has a bird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I think if you set the power opton to max you wont have any problems but you wont hibernate any more ,but then again you should turn off you computer completely due to power saving malarkly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

bobmeaney wrote: »
    If there was a term of speach better than 'So excited I just peuped my pants' I would use it now.

Aheh, it's just me and a guitar. Don't get your hopes up too much.
    bobmeaney wrote: »
    Turn off sleep mode, by clicking start, control panel and power options. From here you can disable sleep mode,suspend etc.

Thanks. I'll try that when I get home.
    I think if you set the power opton to max you wont have any problems but you wont hibernate any more ,but then again you should turn off you computer completely due to power saving malarkly.

Ah, don't worry. I'll re-enable the power saving options once the upload is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Earthhorse wrote: »
    Thanks. I'll try that when I get home.

Surely you mean you are rushing home right this minute to unleash your musical masterpiece on the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Looking forward to this should be interesting :pac:

Which lot of your lyrics are you singing Earthhorse ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

Do you have any shame? You made a laughing stock of a handicapped man. Don't say "No offence intended". Would you show this thread to somebody with Cerebral Palsy? Or did you just want to laugh behind their backs. Call me politically correct but this is where I draw the line.

janeybabe wrote: »
    Surely you mean you are rushing home right this minute to unleash your musical masterpiece on the world?

Yeah, sure. That's what I meant. (I'm stuck in work with no access to YouTube).
    c - 13 wrote: »
    Which lot of your lyrics are you singing Earthhorse ?

It's a new composition of mine called Two Left Feet.

Yeah, sure. That's what I meant. (I'm stuck in work with no access to YouTube).

Not good enough. No dedication to the art! :p

Do you have any shame? You made a laughing stock of a handicapped man. Don't say "No offence intended". Would you show this thread to somebody with Cerebral Palsy? Or did you just want to laugh behind their backs. Call me politically correct but this is where I draw the line.

To be honest i'm actually surprised it took until post #106 before someone said that.
    It's a new composition of mine called Two Left Feet.

Ohh, interesting, which of these smileys looks closest to an evil laugh ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

To be honest i'm actually surprised it took until post #106 before someone said that.

Same here. I thought this would've been locked 100 posts ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I do see where you're coming from.

Though, in fairness, I did start this thread to take the piss with me, more than anything else.

I agree with the others..I'm surprised it took so long for someone to voice their objections. I wonder is it the latent guilt we all feel, as every one of us has done a christy impression at some point in our lives :p

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Though, in fairness, I did start this thread to take the piss with me, more than anything else.

Yeah, I agree, I thought we were more laughing at the fact that you were comparing your love life with someone with a serious illness and getting bet up over it. And also your friend who can't masturbate anymore after being dumped.

I'm sure there have been some crude attempts at humour in the thread that have been more offensive than funny but I think the majority of the stuff has been quite mild.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

+1, its all in jest. Besides if anyone should go down for it, its Tallaght01. That boy needs therapy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

could we have follow ups with
    "i can't walk 500 miles"
    or
    the dance remix of tribal dance... "the christy dance"...

can just imagine the dancefloors looking like a homicide scene...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

It's an affectionate and scabrous thread about an iconoclastic man who had himself a fairly dark and filthy sense of humour. Your concern does you credit, but no-one has been harmed by the contents of this thread.

Would I show it to someone with CP? If it was a friend of mine, yes I would. I wouldn't whip out the laptop to a stranger on the bus, but I don't think that constitutes laughing behind anyone's back. We're all aware that we're on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Homer

Workin on the album cover...

Christy featuring Brenda & the Frickers

industria wrote: »
    Workin on the album cover...

Christy featuring Brenda & the Frickers

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah

that's another one joining us in hell

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

aww someone attach that :( no access to flickr in work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

class thread!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

NotMe wrote: »

class, mate, well done.

I'm lovin the parental warning about explicit lyrics too :pac:

Okay guys, hope this was worth the wait...

Two Left Feet by Earthhorse

Bahahhahahahahahah! It seems so serious and then you listen to the lyrics and it's not! Love it!

My favourite line: "And I know I've two left feet, but that's twice as good as him."

Well done, I liked it. :pac: Its a little hard to hear your voice over the guitar in places though !

Bahahhahahahahahah! It seems so serious and then you listen to the lyrics and it's not! Love it!

Thanks!
    My favourite line: "And I know I've two left feet, but that's twice as good as him."

Heh! That's one of my favourites too. It was originally nearer the start but I decided to save it for the big finalé.
    Well done, I liked it. :pac: Its a little hard to hear your voice over the guitar in places though !

Yeah, I've always found it hard to put volume in my voice without losing some expression.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "Christy has a left as good as Houghton,
    In the restaurant he was screamin and shoutin"

Admittedly good verse, but Houghton was right-footed.

You know the way at the end of the jim carey movies, they always do the scenes they had to drop because carey starts breakin his sh!te laughing, they should have done a similar job on My Left Foot - I'd say there would have loads of material from Daniel as the credits roll up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Don't envy Christy and his burd just yet. :eek:

Can I also say that Christy in the film was obnoxious and horrible to his burds. Typical example:

Christy: "Here you that I've only just met, ride me or you're a handicap-racist bitch."
    Woman: "Um, I don't think that's a good idea."
    Christy: "I fucking knew it! You're all the same! ****ing slut, c*nt etc.:mad::mad::mad:"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

As I sit here all alone in the gloaming
    My bell end is red raw in my hand
    It doesn't help that crippled fcuker Christy
    Is balling birds to beat the fcukin band
    As I shoot my wad across the dirty lino
    I think of all the hot crack I let pass
    It doesn't help that cripples like poor Christy
    can fluff them up and fcuk them up the ass
    As I dry my flaccid cock on cum drenched curtains
    I clean the tacky jism with my rag
    It doesnt help that crippled fcuker Christy
    Has twat all lined up for a shag
    As I lie here all alone in my single
    My empty ballsack flappin twixt my knees
    It doesn't help that crippled fcuker Christy
    Is buried axle deep in drippin gees
    So lads, if ballin women is your weakness
    Take Flutts advice and try to not despair
    Just fcuk yourself beneath a southbound dart train
    And become the driver of a stainless steel wheelchair

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,899 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Admittedly good verse, but Houghton was right-footed.

Yeah but that shinner against Italy was all about his left and that's what he'll be most remembered for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Take Flutts advice and try to not despair
    Just fcuk yourself beneath a southbound dart train
    And become the driver of a stainless steel wheelchair

Theres a sizzling place in hell for the likes of you flutter!:D:mad::)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Okay guys, hope this was worth the wait...

Jaysus an unplugged version! fair balls Earthhorse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Absolutely brilliant Earthhorse :D

Epic thread. Epic.

I haven't laughed this hard in so long.

Quality work, earthhorse. I can just picture you on MTV cribs this time next year ;)

Does anyone reckon we can make a video which can rival this as the greatest of all time:

I have never embedded a youtube video before, so it prob won't work

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah but that shinner against Italy was all about his left and that's what he'll be most remembered for.

Don't forget that sweet header against England that gave us a 1-0 win

Epic thread. Epic.

I haven't laughed this hard in so long.

I wished I've voted it 5 before posting. Now it would just feel like I was blanking my own blank.
    Quality work, earthhorse. I can just picture you on MTV cribs this time next year ;)

69 views so far but I haven't let it go to my head. Just ask my chauffeur.
    Does anyone reckon we can make a video which can rival this as the greatest of all time:

Put him in a body bag!