Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Ahh ok thats fair. Its my first milism so im hoping it works out well. Only problem is my mate had to drop out so im going solo��

That's good, now there will be nobody to identify you for war crimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 CalpolConsumer

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    That's good, now there will be nobody to identify you for war crimes ;)

Just the way i like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,253 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I managed to find the final piece of my VN gear puzzle, a new G&P Car-15!

I've been looking for a G&P M16 or CAR-15 for ages, they're long out of production so fairly impossible to get. For some reason Firesupport had 2 listed so I thought I'd go for it. Build quality on it is amazing.

39ae9463-8632-4a2a-af91-87e67200fb90.jpg[/url]

22deb524-293c-4354-adcc-10e3ebed7918.jpg[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Fires support are known for having the odd dusty box in their warehouse ,out of stock every where else ,

Nice find though

Master of the Universe

Yeah I'd say that's what it was! I was a bit concerned buying something that was a bit older and had been stored away for a while but really wanted one so went for it.

They gave it a look over and downgraded it to 1j first, really shooting lovely now. Much better reach and accuracy than any of my other AEGs.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say that's what it was! I was a bit concerned buying something that was a bit older and had been stored away for a while but really wanted one so went for it.

They gave it a look over and downgraded it to 1j first, really shooting lovely now. Much better reach and accuracy than any of my other AEGs.

2020 you make your come back and mange to pick up a fine antique at the same time

Congrats thats a pretty nice buy. May send us a pic of the whole kit!

Master of the Universe

Thanks! Will do.

Any of you guys hitting any sites anytime soon? I was going to head up to Special Ops on Sunday but with the new restrictions decided against it.

Well after the milism i might be headin up to redhill to week after. Just to clear to slow pace with a nice quick skirmish with rentals haha

• Advertisement

Thanks! Will do.

Any of you guys hitting any sites anytime soon? I was going to head up to Special Ops on Sunday but with the new restrictions decided against it.
    Well after the milism i might be headin up to redhill to week after. Just to clear to slow pace with a nice quick skirmish with rentals haha

Waiting for restrictions to be lifted , would love to bump into you o1s1n for a few games , been a while since hitting spec ops

Redhills is a decent site ,I'd recommend it for starters it's compact with decent numbers of regulars and very little messing going on. ,

Master of the Universe

I'll really have to head along to Redhills soon, wouldn't mind changing it up a bit. I've never played there at all.

Yeah keep an eye out for a couple of lads in VN gear if you're ever in Spec Ops, hard to tell who's who sometimes with all the bloody masks!

Actually been talking to someone else who used to play a lot back in the day, also ordered in VN gear and an M60. The squad grows :D

Only weakness of wearing VN gear is if your hiding, all id have to do is play fortunate son and just listen for people making guitar sounds. Foolproof. Its how the VC really won the war

^

Master of the Universe

Only weakness of wearing VN gear is if your hiding, all id have to do is play fortunate son and just listen for people making guitar sounds. Foolproof. Its how the VC really won the war

Haha!

Actually on the day that above photo was taken, the camera man saw myself and my mate in our VN gear and stuck Fortunate Son on his phone while he was beside us :pac:

Haha!

Actually on the day that above photo was taken, the camera man saw myself and my mate in our VN gear and stuck Fortunate Son on his phone while he was beside us :pac:

Haha absolute legend. Though id be cautious around civis with ye incase you repeat My Lai ;)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Was up in Spec Ops yesterday morning, due to the insane weather there were only 18 of us in total - made for an interesting few small games!

Gave my CAR-15 it's first big day out. Absolutely gorgeous G&P gearbox in it, really loud with a nice bit of a kick back.

Unfortunately I lost the use of semi automatic half way through the day, which made semi only games rather problematic :eek:

Any news lads?

Any news lads?

Yeah, it's bedtime :pac:

Master of the Universe

S.E.A.L.s wrote: »
    Yeah, it's bedtime :pac:

I had a lovely sleep, how about you? :pac:

No craic at all here unfortunately! Been trying to rally some friends together to get out for a game soon but everyone seems to be tied up till after chrimbo!

Also debating whether or not to buy a Sten MK2...

No craic at all here unfortunately! Been trying to rally some friends together to get out for a game soon but everyone seems to be tied up till after chrimbo!

Ah Shure it's Christmas why not

• Advertisement

The answer to more guns is always why are we still talking, go get it! :D

(and being a parent of multiple animals, sleep doesn't really exist anymore)

Master of the Universe

I'd forgotten what a bunch of enablers you were :D

I'd forgotten what a bunch of enablers you were :D

Oh absolutely we are ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,561 ✭✭✭andy_g

Do it!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭shytan

Have one as a project on the go at the moment

Master of the Universe

shytan wrote: »
    Have one as a project on the go at the moment

Excellent! Gave you seen the Northeast GBB versions of the MK 5 and MK2? They look absolutely amazing.

Any of you on that airsoft discord forum?

Any of you on that airsoft discord forum?

Discord isn't so much a forum as a wild unmoderated frontier and ghosting people there especially for sales/trades is the norm

Also, I've found Telegram, WhatsApp, FB Messenger, and even classic forums such as Boards to be a better experience personally :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »

Could do with one of them

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

So I've been looking for a long out of production G&P m16VN..haven't had any luck as you can imagine.

Until today! Yet again fire-support come through, randomly listed four on their website for sale. More dusty AEGs from the warehouse. Couldn't believe it. Dropped everything and bought one instantly.

Was posted out today so hopefully it gets here before the oul Brexit tax kicks in!

So I've been looking for a long out of production G&P m16VN..haven't had any luck as you can imagine.

Until today! Yet again fire-support come through, randomly listed four on their website for sale. More dusty AEGs from the warehouse. Couldn't believe it. Dropped everything and bought one instantly.

Was posted out today so hopefully it gets here before the oul Brexit tax kicks in!

Score

Master of the Universe

Gatling wrote: »
    Score

Yeah still can't believe it!

Now just waiting for a site to open again and I'll be doing a full on Apocalypse Now :D

Hope you're doing alright by the way, funny oul days indeed.

Yeah still can't believe it!

Now just waiting for a site to open again and I'll be doing a full on Apocalypse Now :D

Hope you're doing alright by the way, funny oul days indeed.

I'm all good , just looking forward to getting out again , spent an absolute fortune over the last 16 months and have only managed a few games ,
    Hopefully 2021 brings brighter days for us all .

Funny oul days (still trying to figure that out ) lol

Screenshot-20201228-120221639-1.jpg

Master of the Universe

Any of you guys ever been to The National Airsoft Festival? Thinking about maybe heading along sometime when it gets back up and running again.

Any of you guys ever been to The National Airsoft Festival? Thinking about maybe heading along sometime when it gets back up and running again.

A few people have been over for it ,seems just to big skirmish and drinks for most part ,
    Personally I'd prefer one of the most serious events if a trip across the water was organised

A few people have been over for it ,seems just to big skirmish and drinks for most part ,
    Personally I'd prefer one of the most serious events if a trip across the water was organised

This is exactly what all of the UK ones with "National" in the event names are, mostly a big piss up :rolleyes:

Any of the MOD site events, Sterling Airsoft, and a few more organisers/sites are much better ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Had asked in the gear forum but doesn't look like it has much traffic.

Any restrictions on rail sights?
    Looking at ordering a red dot sight from china would it be stopped at customs, confiscated etc?

Not that the application would matter if there are restrictions on sights/scopes. It would for a camera hotshoe and or a telescope for astrophotography.

• Advertisement

Had asked in the gear forum but doesn't look like it has much traffic.

Any restrictions on rail sights?
    Looking at ordering a red dot sight from china would it be stopped at customs, confiscated etc?

Not that the application would matter if there are restrictions on sights/scopes. It would for a camera hotshoe and or a telescope for astrophotography.

No restrictions on optics or red dots at all , there is limitations on night vision optics

Master of the Universe

Anyone heading along to any games soon? I'll be at Spec ops this Saturday, can't wait! Finally get a chance to give my new G&P M16VN a go.

Anyone heading along to any games soon? I'll be at Spec ops this Saturday, can't wait! Finally get a chance to give my new G&P M16VN a go.

Redhills on Sunday for me and a few others , hopefully once more restrictions are lifted the plan is to visit to cork and Sligo sometime between now and the end of summer

Master of the Universe

Good stuff! Yeah I think myself and a few mates are going to make a bit of an effort to tour around a few sites every couple of week, give them all a bit of support. Have the Nam milsim event then on the 23rd later in the month too.

I've never actually been to Redhills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

No restrictions on optics or red dots at all , there is limitations on night vision optics

Cheers!

This new format is just horrible.... are they trying to be more flashy for the kids or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Dartz

I'm currently in this hyperactive phase where I've been reading and watching far more things than I'll ever care about. It'll pass in a few months and the laser will focus on something else.

It comes an goes like waves. I joined the DCU airsoft society back when it was new. Then never had the money to do anything. In the interim decade or two, proceeded to accumulate a small collection of pistols and one rifle that I could target plink with a few friends without being too bothered and that was that. Never much more than idle curiosity and amusement and something we did together on weekends.

A friend of mine has an epic Mateba.

Years of idleness did more damage to them than idiocy. After taking them from their boxen where they've rested for the last few year's, they were found to be in a less than optimal condition .

The M9 has lost a spring in the nozzle- somehow- and no longer cycled. The nozzle jammed and locked it up with the slide back.

One of my 1911's had been infested with Zinc pest on the switchgear. The safety and takedown lever turned to powder.

The other - the newest - leaked. It's an Army Armament R32 -type

And the Dan Wesson just didn't work right. Low on power, and hissing from the seals.

-----

Cleared the **** out of the Dan Wesson. Electrical contact cleaner with the valve-knocker held open did wonders. It's fine for rubber and strips any grease or **** out. Also finds any cuts on your fingers. Gave it a dribble of the silicone oils and away it runs. Added some tension to the trigger spring - it doesn't affect power, but feels better to pull.

It used to the MIA's display-case model. It has a hell of a blast off it.

Put a pen-spring in the M9. Cleaned it up. tightened a loose screw. Away it goes. Cycles and shoots. Mostly straight.

Turned the corroding 1911 into a wasteland gun - because why not. It's CO2 powered and may yet explode. It's held together by bolt and locknut. It cost 70 quid - I doubt it was ever truly 'metal'. There's probably sand in the mix as filler.

The other 1911 was cleaned up, gassed and left sit. It more or less sorted itself out. Looks pretty. Fires with a snap and a tight trigger.

They got mounted to the wall. They look well there.

---

In the meantime - wracked with obsessive curiousity and armed with some foulmouthed British youtube videos I cracked open the guts of a Devgru DG74 I bought from MIA before The Inconveniences arrived. It was cheap for a reason - but arguably fairly priced. Like complaining about Ryanair. In the interim, parts of the cylinder head had melted to rubber goo and mushed into the piston crown....and clogged all 4 little air-seal holes.

A random hard rubber washer of approximately the same thickness replaced it. Put a new piston-ring on. Somehow I got the thing back together and got the gearbox running freely despite dropping all the shims and having to redo it from scratch. Shaved a tooth on the piston slightly so it cleared the sector gear and away she goes.

Cleaned the contacts and plunger, and reassembled the entire trigger and selector plate.

It screams in pain and slams like a hammer when the piston goes forward. It's only a matter of time before the gearbox cracks. But it runs. It runs better than it did before I cracked it open anyway - it doesn't lock up on semi anymore. Despite being somehow bent like a Bundeswehr rifle left in the sun for an hour it still shoots more or less consistently.

I'd planned to give it away - that would be cruel to the cousin that got it. I'd be curious to see how low it chronos - even if it does cheese cans.

---

Bought a Type 89 GBBR from Airsofteire with a work bonus that came at the worst possible time. Nearly bought the AKM they had - but the 89 seemed like something unique. I wonder if anyone else bought one. It arrived fast enough that I had no time for second thoughts and cancellations

It a replica designed to give the impression of the real thing - to someone who'se never handled one and is unlikely to ever handle one. It feels like what a Japanese gun-nerd would imagine a real rifle would feel like. Even the box presents it more like a service weapon, with a little faux box of ammo with your tools in it. More a model, than anything else. It sounds right. It feels right. Beautiful in its own way. It feels like it's worth what was paid for it. Everyone who'se held it has fallen in love.

Novritsch BB's feed into magazine easier than any other I've tried. Just a little thing I've noticed.

It feels special. I hope I don't wreck it. I always wreck the things I enjoy. It's my curse.

---

There's one slot on the wall left to fill. Haven't figured that bit out yet. Maybe early October if the obsession still lingers and the laser still shines. It'll be a race between whatever's in stock when the whim takes out.

Novritsch SSP5 (6-inch) with some accessories like a tracer unit, or Marui M870 with wood finish and a few shells, or whatever happens to be there on payday. (Saiga?)

Something amusing for backyard shooting with a few friends. Make the beercans quake in terror. Have a few laughs. It doesn't have to be gameable - just be a curiosity that makes things interesting

The photo looks like who I was fifteen years ago, but can only afford to be now.

Maybe I'll wander off somewhere else. This was all just thoughts I needed to vent to people. A bit of a scream into the void if you don't mind. I'll be on my way soon. There're other doors to darken.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭00wyk

Hey lads. I am hoping one of you can help me. I am looking for an XM177-type of rifle that has 'Colt' scroll marks on the 'receiver'.

Or, really, any sort of a scroll mark so it looks closer to an original one would.

Or something that looks relatively authentic like the old P&G XM's had. Any ideas?

Cheers

Or not.

It does appear that air soft has gone to sleep...

Master of the Universe

Yeah it's a shame, years back this forum was really thriving, it's been dead years now :(

Have you looked into G&P's line of AEGs at all? I've a CAR-15 and an M16 myself and they both have full trademarks.

Absolutely gorgeous to boot too.

Would you suggest a site I can take a look at? I was actually just about to settle for a Lancer 933 coz it's so cheap.

When I was stateside, a deputy I knew used to have a Colt 933. That thing was tiny and neat. So was sort of looking for something of the like.

As I have handled it often, I know how it should feel and look.

Has anyone been up to the place in Roundwood? A friend of mine keeps saying I should go. I am over in Bray myself.

I did get a p90 from Hobby air not long ago as I am a closet Stargate fan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement