Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlechurch, Newcastle, County Dublin

Options
  • 02-03-2017 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

"Coming Soon - a new development of A rated 3, 4 and 5 bedroom homes in Newcastle.There will be approx. 70 homes in Castlechurch, all of which will be generously proportioned with a high internal and external specification.

If you would like to register your interest in this development please contact Sherry FitzGerald New Homes on newhomes@sherryfitz.ie.

Castlechurch is being developed by Barina New Homes (previously Barina Property Group) who have a long history of building quality homes. Recent developments include Brookwood in Castleknock and Mayeston Hall in Finglas."

Any opinions on what the area is like? What would the commute to lets say Dame Street be like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Paddytheman

We had a very brief fling with buying in that general area and a quick Google showed Newcastle to be pretty quiet with not very much in the way of retail.

Mate lives in Rathcoole and it takes anywhere between 30 and 90 minutes to get to city centre depending on time of departure.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 G1raff3

Anyone keeping tabs on these new builds? I wonder what the interest will be compared to other areas around.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

The estate agent was due to ring me in April with a launch date and prices but never got the call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubliner1900

Back in September I booked a semi-detached house from Phase 1 as I was told that the house will be ready to move in in November.However I was at the estate today and it does not look like these houses are going to be ready to move in any time soon.Actually it looks like there was nothing done since the opening day in September.Do you have any news?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nika Bolokov

Absolutely nothing in Newcastle. One infrequent bus into town which can take 90 mins. Used to be a nice little village but there are a few Celtic Tiger era kips there now and it looks like it's ripe now for overdevelopment.

• Advertisement

There's a few of the 3 beds supposed to be ready for snagging at the end of the month. The houses on Castlechurch Park are still due to close late November/early December and look to be almost done. All these houses were built at the time of launch though so if you bought one off plans then you might be waiting longer, best bet is to call Sherry Fitz new homes.
    Don't mind that other poster too, I know Newcastle very well and it's still one of the nicest villages around. There's a local area plan available on the sdcc website too which has some very interesting plans for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭BubbaM

I've put a deposit down on a three bed off the plans in this estate which is due to be completed in Q2 2018 - has anyone else on Boards bought here?

It looks to me like the initial phase one houses will be finished close enough to the expected dates so hopefully ours will too. Although there's not much in Newcastle, it is close to the likes of Celbridge, Lucan, Rathcoole etc, and the standard of the build is more than enough for me.

BubbaM wrote: »
    I've put a deposit down on a three bed off the plans in this estate which is due to be completed in Q2 2018 - has anyone else on Boards bought here?

It looks to me like the initial phase one houses will be finished close enough to the expected dates so hopefully ours will too. Although there's not much in Newcastle, it is close to the likes of Celbridge, Lucan, Rathcoole etc, and the standard of the build is more than enough for me.

Yea we bought there too, we were close enough to the front of the queue so got one of the ones in the 1st phase. Everything is still looking good for a late November/early December move in date. The builders now seem to be offering flooring also, i'm waiting to hear back some details on this but as far as i know, there will be a few different choices and price regions.

G1raff3 wrote: »
    Yea we bought there too, we were close enough to the front of the queue so got one of the ones in the 1st phase. Everything is still looking good for a late November/early December move in date. The builders now seem to be offering flooring also, i'm waiting to hear back some details on this but as far as i know, there will be a few different choices and price regions.

The development only really came to our attention in time for the second weekend of viewing and by that time all the initial phase one three beds were gone. They released another 6 to be part of phase one but they won't be ready until next year.
    Yeah the estate agent said he'd get on to everyone this week about the flooring options. Overall, the build quality looks impressive to me.

Have our snag tomorrow morning - wondering if anyone else on here has had theirs yet and if there was much to do?

• Advertisement

Have our snag tomorrow morning - wondering if anyone else on here has had theirs yet and if there was much to do?

Did the estate agent ever get back to you about flooring options?

BubbaM wrote: »
    Did the estate agent ever get back to you about flooring options?

Yea, there's loads of options layed out in one of the showhouses, selection of blinds and venetians too. Great quality stuff but we ended up going elsewhere for floors down to the price. They should send a list of all available extras and the cost for your house type closer to the snag date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nellywr

Hi there. We're looking at getting a three bed potentially, have a viewing later this week. Any updates on the estate and how it's coming along? Did the end Nov/Dec promise happen? Any words of advice? Thanks

nellywr wrote: »
    Hi there. We're looking at getting a three bed potentially, have a viewing later this week. Any updates on the estate and how it's coming along? Did the end Nov/Dec promise happen? Any words of advice? Thanks

Hi there, yes there was roughly 8 - 10 houses being lived in over Christmas. They have the 'lived in' side pretty much closed off from the site now with the exception of a few which are still being finished. Well built houses and no complaints from us, miles better than our old place.
    Best of luck with the viewing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Daisy1990

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows who supplies the bathrooms/tiles? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MintyM2018

@Daisy1990

they are supplied from a place called Project in damastown

Hi All

I am just wondering how peoples snag lists went? Was there many things on the lists? and what was the finished result and how did the builder accomadate you?
    Where there comprises made or all snags where completed to highest standard.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

Daisy1990 wrote: »
    Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows who supplies the bathrooms/tiles? TIA

Yes its from a place called Project in Damastown near Blanchardstown

MintyM2018 wrote: »
    Hi All

I am just wondering how peoples snag lists went? Was there many things on the lists? and what was the finished result and how did the builder accomadate you?
    Where there comprises made or all snags where completed to highest standard.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

M

Hey Minty,
    There wasn't much on our snag, mostly little jobs like doors rubbing, skirting not sealed etc. When we went back for the 2nd snag (about 3-4 days later), everything had been done as required. Overall the builders onsite are very helpful and a couple go out of their way to help you.
    Do you have your snag coming up?

Yes its from a place called Project in Damastown near Blanchardstown

Thanks for the reply MintyM2018. ðŸ‘ðŸ¼

We don’t have a date for our snag yet but we should hear in the next 2 weeks!

• Advertisement

Hey Minty,
    There wasn't much on our snag, mostly little jobs like doors rubbing, skirting not sealed etc. When we went back for the 2nd snag (about 3-4 days later), everything had been done as required. Overall the builders onsite are very helpful and a couple go out of their way to help you.
    Do you have your snag coming up?

Thanks for the reply. We have completed our snag i am just awaiting word on the next viewing. We had quite an extensive list mostly cosmetic plaster cracks etc but we had bad marks on our windows and patio/kitchen doors so it will be interesting to see what will be done here.
    Obviously they wouldnt be in favour of removing and replacing windows but we shall wait and see what happens.

I am just hoping all will be sorted

Thanks for the reply. We have completed our snag i am just awaiting word on the next viewing. We had quite an extensive list mostly cosmetic plaster cracks etc but we had bad marks on our windows and patio/kitchen doors so it will be interesting to see what will be done here.
    Obviously they wouldnt be in favour of removing and replacing windows but we shall wait and see what happens.

I am just hoping all will be sorted

Hey,
    Was there any update on the marks on the windows and doors?
    How did the remaining issues go?

Hey,
    Was there any update on the marks on the windows and doors?
    How did the remaining issues go?

Yes all was sorted thank god it was like walking into a different house.
    The snag had frightened me a little with the amount that needed to be done but all was right in the end.
    Cant wait to move in now
    Have you a snag coming up? dont be alarmed in what you see is the best advice i could give now to anyone going to do a snag.

Yes all was sorted thank god it was like walking into a different house.
    The snag had frightened me a little with the amount that needed to be done but all was right in the end.
    Cant wait to move in now
    Have you a snag coming up? dont be alarmed in what you see is the best advice i could give now to anyone going to do a snag.

That is great news.
    Yes hoping to have a snag in the next 2-3 weeks.

Was it long after the snag report went in to get back in or just the 3-4 days?

When do you expect to have the keys? I’m hoping soon after the snag and contracts.

That is great news.
    Yes hoping to have a snag in the next 2-3 weeks.

Was it long after the snag report went in to get back in or just the 3-4 days?

When do you expect to have the keys? I’m hoping soon after the snag and contracts.

The snag was a quick turn around about a week from when i seen it to completion.
    I am hoping to have my keys in the next 2-3 weeks id say unfortunatly its the slowest part of it now waiting on the solicitors to finalise it all and obviously the excitement and eagerness makes it feel longer than it is.

If you need any other info please dont hesitate to ask.

Maybe someone can answer this one...Is there a maintanence fee for the estate now or is it something that will arrive in the future?

Thanks

The snag was a quick turn around about a week from when i seen it to completion.
    I am hoping to have my keys in the next 2-3 weeks id say unfortunatly its the slowest part of it now waiting on the solicitors to finalise it all and obviously the excitement and eagerness makes it feel longer than it is.

If you need any other info please dont hesitate to ask.

Maybe someone can answer this one...Is there a maintanence fee for the estate now or is it something that will arrive in the future?

Thanks

Thanks very much, I’m sure we’ll have more questions once our snag is done.

There’s no maintenance fees as the estate will be maintained by the council.

Thanks very much, I’m sure we’ll have more questions once our snag is done.

There’s no maintenance fees as the estate will be maintained by the council.

Thanks for that. No problem at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Karolina18

Hi there can anyone tell me where did you queue when the houses were released? Sherry Fitz is not providing us with this info yet for some strange reason? Was there a long queue in the last phases?

Thanks a lot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭_brendand_

Karolina18 wrote: »
    Hi there can anyone tell me where did you queue when the houses were released? Sherry Fitz is not providing us with this info yet for some strange reason? Was there a long queue in the last phases?

Thanks a lot :-)

The best thing to do is to ring them immediately as soon as you hear the date of the launch and ask them straight up what the procedure is to get the best chance of obtaining a property. A lot of agents nowadays are operating a ticketing system where you collect a number from either a local office of theirs, or the site foreman. We're hoping to get something in Castlechurch too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Karolina18

Hi Brendan,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I hear the ticketing system is used these days to avoid the long queues. Best of luck getting a house.

Advertisement