Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you upset a seller where they write you off

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

KaneToad wrote: »
    Bad move on your part. It's a business transaction, that's all. They don't care that it's your much loved home.

They could have eventually offered many multiples of the asking price.

True but Time is also money. Dont waste your time with people who arent serious about buying or just chancing their arm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,140 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

True but Time is also money. Dont waste your time with people who arent serious about buying or just chancing their arm.

Or, as in this case, the would be purchaser is a d*ck. It was absolutely the right call, the benefit of hindsight validates that position.

Caranica wrote: »
    Or, as in this case, the would be purchaser is a d*ck. It was absolutely the right call, the benefit of hindsight validates that position.

Exactly! you are going to spend sleepless nights awake if the prospective buyer is going to up their offer by 10 grand so you can get onto the next step of your life? Dont waste valuable time entertaining people who dont respect you.

You know what a house is worth so offer 5-10% lower and see how they respond. See where you meet. No point in try to haggle with someone who has over valued their property and isnt prepared to sell.

You need balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Funnily enough after following and commenting on your thread, I have found myself in a similar situation!

House has been on the market since September at least at 325K.
    EA says it had a sale fall through at 345, I'm not sure if that's since September or before.
    No other bids on it, vendors divorcing.
    Comparable properties sold for less on PPR this year.

Our actual budget is about 270 at a push right now.
    Could potentially get another bit from parents. Could chance an exemption?

OH reckons we throw in an offer in a week or two at 250 and see what happens ie negotiate up to X.
    I'm just wondering would they just tell us to F off or engage in a bit of to and fro.

What do you reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Squatman

Del2005 wrote: »
    Putting in a new bathroom is not the sellers problem, they are selling a 3 bed 1 bath, so you can't really reduce that from the offer. If you think it's worth €240k you can't drop off €10k for a bathroom. You have to offer €240k and then do your improvements.

no you dont. you can actually ...... drumrolll.... offer whatever you want to offer

Squatman wrote: »
    no you dont. you can actually ...... drumrolll.... offer whatever you want to offer

You need a balanced approached to bidding. Yes the market does decide most of the price. The seller has to price his property with 5% for the market average with a comparable house. Too high and it wont sell, too low and he sells short. Both parties have to be honest how much a house is and how much has to be paid and how much associated maintenance has to be done.

A serious bidder will always be coming inside of 90% of what it is worth. Someone bidding at 75% is not serious and is just messing with your head. Life is too short to be wasting on people who have no real intention of buying or just dreamers.

Now if you will excuse me I am going to offer 100k on a 4 bedroomed house in Dublin 4.

pooch90 wrote: »
    Funnily enough after following and commenting on your thread, I have found myself in a similar situation!

House has been on the market since September at least at 325K.
    EA says it had a sale fall through at 345, I'm not sure if that's since September or before.
    No other bids on it, vendors divorcing.
    Comparable properties sold for less on PPR this year.

Our actual budget is about 270 at a push right now.
    Could potentially get another bit from parents. Could chance an exemption?

What do you reckon?

Cant say without seeing the house.
    There is a possibility one or both parties are dreaming. EA will tell you anything he thinks you are stupid enough to believe, that is his job to sell the house at the highest price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

KaneToad wrote: »
    Bad move on your part. It's a business transaction, that's all. They don't care that it's your much loved home.

They could have eventually offered many multiples of the asking price.

Really? Many multiples of the asking price? I don't think you know what multiples are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Cant say without seeing the house.
    There is a possibility one or both parties are dreaming. EA will tell you anything he thinks you are stupid enough to believe, that is his job to sell the house at the highest price.

Haha, that's very true! I don't want to share the house online. But its in a rural area outside a village. Demand wouldn't be very high in the area for commuting etc. Majority of houses selling are in the mid 200s. It's a high spec 4 bed house, fully turn key with a lot of potential to convert attic into another 3 or 4 bedrooms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

54 Carn Glas, Just outside Waterford city. ASking price 209k. No 54 Carn Glas Way

Its on the waterford banks of the suir up river. Has a town bus Route (still think you would need a car). Still greenfields. New build of about 12 years ago.
    5 Beds 4 bathrooms. Looks like a new build townhouse in the country side.

Nice paved yard out the back, could be converted back to a Garden.

That's a nice house but it's a long way from the river bank. And the EA's interpretation of walking distance is pretty generous.

That's a nice house but it's a long way from the river bank. And the EA's interpretation of walking distance is pretty generous.

God bless estate agents! They have this wonderful way of spreading magic EA pixie dust over any property and transforming it into the most desirable, habitat in a great environment. Other people would say they pile on the BS!

God bless estate agents! They have this wonderful way of spreading magic EA pixie dust over any property and transforming it into the most desirable, habitat in a great environment. Other people would say they pile on the BS!

That is what sellers pay them to do.

Advertisement