Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

It's decent but a long long way off Netflix.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

sweetie wrote: »
    I was able to change without using customer service chat. I had my delivery and credit card addresses set to parcelmotel. Then I went into my cc (revolut) and set it to the same address. There's a section in your account, content and devices, make sure it's set to UK.

I tried this and having problem changing my address on revolut, they want bank statement or payslip - did you have to do this. I can't get into my revolut account unless I chat to someone

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Marje wrote: »
    I tried this and having problem changing my address on revolut, they want bank statement or payslip - did you have to do this. I can't get into my revolut account unless I chat to someone

You don't need to change it in Revolut itself, just make sure the billing address tied to the card on amazon is your parcel motel one.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Mickeroo wrote: »
    You don't need to change it in Revolut itself, just make sure the billing address tied to the card on amazon is your parcel motel one.
    Thanks Mickeroo.

I haven't used the Revolut card to buy anything on Amazon might be causing the problem. Have done that now and shall wait and see what happens till Amazon validate the first sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭bugsyb4

While I still advocate for the service all the time (especially where tv shows are concerned), it can still be a bit of a hot mess at times. Like Fleabag being a Prime Exclusive, but only season 2 is available here, while both seasons are available in the UK. This seems more like an oversight, but there are so many examples of this.
    Plus their subtitle situation can often be wildly hit and miss.

Can I ask you quickly in relation to Fleabag do you still see Fleabag Season 2 free to view with UK content?

Have had a load of issues getting my content moved back to UK after always having it but Amazon cancelled my account without warning so had to start all over again.

I am sure previously when last looked about 2/3 weeks ago both seasons were free to watch with UK content but now seems like only season 1 is free.

Maybe someone who also has UK content can confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

bugsyb4 wrote: »
    Can I ask you quickly in relation to Fleabag do you still see Fleabag Season 2 free to view with UK content?

Have had a load of issues getting my content moved back to UK after always having it but Amazon cancelled my account without warning so had to start all over again.

I am sure previously when last looked about 2/3 weeks ago both seasons were free to watch with UK content but now seems like only season 1 is free.

Both seasons of Fleabag are on Prime UK so you must still be on Prime Ireland.

ElNino wrote: »
    Both seasons of Fleabag are on Prime UK so you must still be on Prime Ireland.

And second season for free?

As I can see on JustWatch that looks to cost money now from previous poster links for both countries content.

I don't know am I as one thing on UK that isn't on Ireland one I think is Ocean's 11 and can watch that now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fleabag Season One is available to stream. Season 2 is available to buy. Your best bet for Season 2 is BBC iPlayer with a VPN.

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Fleabag Season One is available to stream. Season 2 is available to buy. Your best bet for Season 2 is BBC iPlayer with a VPN.

think its the other way around

• Advertisement

Doodah7 wrote: »

I have UK content so I believe that to be correct, think other way around with Irish content.

As I said previously though I thought Fleabag season 2 was free to stream on UK content a few weeks ago, now I might not be correct there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,320 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Google have made a press release last month which says Prime Video can officially be used on Chromecast.

Youtube, in turn, is also available on Fire TV.

https://www.blog.google/products/chromecast/prime-video-chromecast-android-tv-youtube-fire-tv/?utm_source=promo&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102968&utm_term=hero_image&utm_content=110236587

I don't know if that is available here yet. Can anyone here give me the info?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Youtube is definitely there now on my fireTV. No idea about casting though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Google have made a press release last month which says Prime Video can officially be used on Chromecast.

Youtube, in turn, is also available on Fire TV.

https://www.blog.google/products/chromecast/prime-video-chromecast-android-tv-youtube-fire-tv/?utm_source=promo&utm_medium=email_crm&utm_campaign=GS102968&utm_term=hero_image&utm_content=110236587

I don't know if that is available here yet. Can anyone here give me the info?
    Casting is absolutely here as I've been using it frequently for over a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Youtube is definitely there now on my fireTV. No idea about casting though.

Trying to cast from my phone YouTube to the firestick youtuve is buggie for me. Rarely works. I just get stuck on an endless app restart cycle. Worked fine before the dedicated app was installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭Doodah7

peteeeed wrote: »
    think its the other way around

No it’s not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Just watched Japanese anime Your Name and thoroughly enjoyed it. Two high school students in different regions mind themselves swapping bodies on alternate days.

s166
    added to the UK prime

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

s166
    added to the UK prime

I think there is a danger now that TV has improved so much that Firefly could be "Overrated" in so far as if someone were to watch it for the first time now it could fall into the "It's alright" category. Which is a real pity. Having said that I still think it holds up quite well and the film is a good ending to the series/story

• Registered Users Posts: 32,013 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I posted here before....I have never seen the tv series I have only watched the film, so will definitely give it a go!

• Advertisement

I think this should be a recommend series / films thread and if people could mention which region the series / film is on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think this should be a recommend series / films thread and if people could mention which region the series / film is on

I think Amazon needs one more than Netflix, the interface is awful. I'll have to go check what region I'm on.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭dohboy

So is Seinfeld gone then? It was one of the few reasons I subbed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

dohboy wrote: »
    So is Seinfeld gone then? It was one of the few reasons I subbed
    It's still on the UK stream.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Any ideas when Jack Ryan season 2 will be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Is UK steam like significantly/drastically better than Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

markc1184 wrote: »
    Any ideas when Jack Ryan season 2 will be added?
    None announced yet but possibly September.

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Is UK steam like significantly/drastically better than Ireland?
    I think so.
    Posted before:
    Ireland: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/amazon-prime-video/new
    UK: https://www.justwatch.com/uk/provider/amazon-prime-video/new

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

bugsyb4 wrote: »

Sorry, I can't comment on this, as I haven't jumped through any hoops to try and get the content switched to the UK version. Like Netflix, Amazon Ireland should be on parity with the UK. Maybe it'll get there at some point.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

cookie1977 wrote: »
    None announced yet but possibly September.

I think so.
    Posted before:
    Ireland: https://www.justwatch.com/ie/provider/amazon-prime-video/new
    UK: https://www.justwatch.com/uk/provider/amazon-prime-video/new

When you see the two compared like that you have to wonder if they are even bothered with the Irish Market. If it wasn't for Bollywood and other stuff from Asia there is hardly anything being added to it.

If you switch to the UK version does that have any impact on your deliveries etc to Ireland. I.e. do you have to give them a UK address and if so will that mean your deliveries, billing etc will all see that as the primary address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

touts wrote: »
    If you switch to the UK version does that have any impact on your deliveries etc to Ireland. I.e. do you have to give them a UK address and if so will that mean your deliveries, billing etc will all see that as the primary address?

No, you can change your delivery address back to an Irish one after you are switched over to UK Prime.

Advertisement