Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭corks finest

blade1 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'll be going for the 9pro.
    Unless there is something else out there that might sway me.
    Have oneplus phones since the 3 and currently on 6t.
    Only gripe is the fingerprint sensor is the worst one I've ever used so hopefully 9 would be way better.
    Say it's improved,my one plus 7 pro works nearly always ( when it doesn't-infrequently probably my big paws)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,464 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Say it's improved,my one plus 7 pro works nearly always ( when it doesn't-infrequently probably my big paws)

Mine was perfect until a Google update maybe 6 months after buying it.
    Hit and miss since after tying all fixes.
    Rarely works when plugged in.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭crystalbrite

Looking for new phone in the 400e-800e range (nice if I could get 500e-600e), as close to a flagship phone as possible. Good camera etc.
    Any websites with good deals in this range at the moment?
    I'm willing to go closer to the 800e if I feel like I'm getting a good deal/big discount.

Thanks!

I ended up going with the oneplus 8t directly from website for ~550e. Free case too.
    I actually wanted the oneplus8 pro, found it for 700e on german amazon but it wasn't going to arrive until monday week and currently I have no phone. Also it would have been european charger instead of UK.
    Oneplus8t from website will arrive next monday.

Oneplus8t was also on amazon germany but only saving 10e, has EU charger, no free case and longer delivery time so made sense to buy direct from oneplus.

Slightly disappointed I couldn't get something a little more exotic or premium but being phoneless at the moment made delivery time important.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,831 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Yeah I think I'll be going for the 9pro.
    Unless there is something else out there that might sway me.
    Have oneplus phones since the 3 and currently on 6t.
    Only gripe is the fingerprint sensor is the worst one I've ever used so hopefully 9 would be way better.

im refering to the Mi 11 in the link

its a beautiful beast

sydthebeat wrote: »

its a beautiful beast

Yeah thanks for that Syd.
    How do you reckon it's stacks up against the reported specs of the 9pro?

Mine was perfect until a Google update maybe 6 months after buying it.
    Hit and miss since after tying all fixes.
    Rarely works when plugged in.

Factory reset so,it's a balls when they start playing up,I went from an apple xs max to the OnePlus and consider the 7 pro a much better phone

sydthebeat wrote: »

its a beautiful beast

I've had load's on mi phones rock steady but updates are few and far between,and always way behind android updates,and the mi skin isn't perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Suckit wrote: »
    The Ulefone X5 is more robust. I have a friend who is in construction and has gone through a lot of phones. Last time he broke a phone he gave out to everyone, and he was told that him being careless has a lot to do with it.
    The X5 is so far the longest lasting.

its an excellent phone, excellent value, a tad heavy but built to last

I ended up going with the oneplus 8t directly from website for ~550e. Free case too.
    I actually wanted the oneplus8 pro, found it for 700e on german amazon but it wasn't going to arrive until monday week and currently I have no phone. Also it would have been european charger instead of UK.
    Oneplus8t from website will arrive next monday.

Oneplus8t was also on amazon germany but only saving 10e, has EU charger, no free case and longer delivery time so made sense to buy direct from oneplus.

Slightly disappointed I couldn't get something a little more exotic or premium but being phoneless at the moment made delivery time important.

Decent phone though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Sorry for slight off topic but where would you source the spare parts for chinese phone? I've had a slight mishap and now got this problem. Our local phone repair shop lad says he has no parts for it. It's Poco F2 Pro. Camera is still working but the glass cover is in bits.

gCWq4lj.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

j@utis wrote: »
    Sorry for slight off topic but where would you source the spare parts for chinese phone? I've had a slight mishap and now got this problem. Our local phone repair shop lad says he has no parts for it. It's Poco F2 Pro. Camera is still working but the glass cover is in bits.

gCWq4lj.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001770182798.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.245f3bc6W2IseX&algo_pvid=fabd9cef-53b9-4428-8b29-1e5a6619f7b0&algo_expid=fabd9cef-53b9-4428-8b29-1e5a6619f7b0-1&btsid=2100bdd516147300095755618ef64b&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Some apps won't work for me since Google upgraded.
    Like lottery app . Is it possible to overcome this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭corkie

Some apps won't work for me since Google upgraded.
    Like lottery app . Is it possible to overcome this ?

The lottery app got an update in January, that requires at least android 10.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115944151&postcount=1654

So what version of Android have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

corkie wrote: »
    The lottery app got an update in January, that requires at least android 10.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115944151&postcount=1654

So what version of Android have you?
    My Xiaomi redmi note 5 is android 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

I've been following the release of the xiaomi redmi note 10 pro and it was released on Monday, unexpectedly the global version was released too.

The only sellers I can see are on aliexpress. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes the new release phones to reach sites such as honourbuy, eglobalcentral or amazon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

kiddums wrote: »
    I've been following the release of the xiaomi redmi note 10 pro and it was released on Monday, unexpectedly the global version was released too.

The only sellers I can see are on aliexpress. Does anyone have any idea how long it usually takes the new release phones to reach sites such as honourbuy, eglobalcentral or amazon?

It's released in India on Amazon on March 17th I think, I imagine it will be sometime next month before it's for sale on the UK or EU Amazons. But hopefully it will be on Honorbuy and eglobalcentral before then. I have ordered one from AliExpress but might end up cancelling the order if they take ages to ship it, it says it will be shipped in the next 42 days!!

https://www.amazon.in/b?ie=UTF8&node=23023571031#8gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Is there a trustworthy site I can find MIUI 11 for my Redmi Note 8T? I installed Lineage OS but missed the NFC tap to pay function so I reinstalled MIUI 12. The NFC is still non-functional though so I want to try roll back to MIUI 11 and update from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭padjocollins

https://www.techradar.com/news/xiaomis-four-new-cheap-phones-look-set-to-leave-the-moto-10-in-their-dust
    i think pricing and availability will be announced around the 25th of march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

https://www.techradar.com/news/xiaomis-four-new-cheap-phones-look-set-to-leave-the-moto-10-in-their-dust
    i think pricing and availability will be announced around the 25th of march

Looking forward to seeing the price for the note 10 pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Looking forward to seeing the price for the note 10 pro

https://xiaomidna.com/news/smartphones/xiaomi-mi-10s-with-snapdragon-870-officially-announced/

Is this it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

I've €200 to spend on a phone. My Samsung is 5 years old now so I need a phone. I was thinking of the Samsung A21. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

just a quick post on this Dutch site - https://www.belsimpel.nl/

My sister ordered a Redmi Note 9 on Sunday, delivered Tuesday afternoon. My brother also ordered from them previously. Great service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭CoBo55

The Cush wrote: »
    just a quick post on this Dutch site - https://www.belsimpel.nl/

My sister ordered a Redmi Note 9 on Sunday, delivered Tuesday afternoon. My brother also ordered from them previously. Great service

I can second that. I ordered a Samsung tablet from them, had it within 3 days, top class service.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Omega28 wrote: »
    I've €200 to spend on a phone. My Samsung is 5 years old now so I need a phone. I was thinking of the Samsung A21. Any other suggestions?

Poco X3 NFC - 128gb version €199

My Redmi Note 5 Pro is staring to show it's age. GPS kept losing location today.

Having a look at this? Opinions or alternative options.

OPPO A72 - 4GB + 128GB Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 665 mobile platform 6.5 inch 5000 mAh Dual-Sim 48MP Camera Sim Free Android 10 Smartphone- Twilight Black

Looking to use the default installed OS, because no longer want the hassle of flashing custom roms or rooting. Need it clean for banking app.

Not really interested in having a MIUI phone.

How is OPPO 'color os' to use is it heavily skinned or close enough to android 10? Are they good for updates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Where could one buy a new Poco? Gonna order today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I was talking to my mother the other day and I realised she needs a new phone, so I went looking...

I found that Honor sales are on per Country (if anyone wants to look around, some good offers), and saw the Honor 9A with their sport bluetooth earphones was on sale for €59.90.
    It was sold out but the sale was on for another 21 days, so I hit "notify me when in stock".
    They came back in stock yesterday with the Honor Band 5 for the same price so I bought them.
    https://www.hihonor.com/germany/product/honor-9a-deal/
    You will need a virtual address like mailboxde or mygermany to get the order delivered, and I wouldn't expect it to be too much, and even with it included it's still a great offer.

The 9A (3GB/64GB) is currently around at least €150 delivered and the Honor Band 5 is around €35.
    The sale is on for another 19 days now (I think) and may well be worth watching out what other offers come back, or if the earphones come back if somebody prefers them etc.
    The offer is here, it might sell out but could come back with a different offer (maybe something else on these pages)
    https://www.hihonor.com/germany/product/honor-9a-deal/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Grey version:
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08B9C149J

Blue version:
    https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B08B9BD523

I paid more for the 64gb version 2 months ago, but solid phone, won't complain!
    Delivery is 8 bucks from Germany, but not sure if other sites have cheaper :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,018 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Updated my Redmi Note 9 yesterday. Now Google Pay is not working : Saying my device doesn't meet security standards :confused:

Official Miui rom and OTA update.

Just ordered one for my brother on Amazon UK.
    Total was 240 euro for 128gb one.
    Went with UK because was worried German one would come with EU charger, no????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

GBX wrote: »
    Updated my Redmi Note 9 yesterday. Now Google Pay is not working : Saying my device doesn't meet security standards :confused:

Official Miui rom and OTA update.

I've had nothing but issues anytime I've updated my redmi k30. It just doesn't seem to play well with Google. I've a few apps now that won't work because they say Google play services isn't on my phone even though it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Yes it did, but I picked up the below off ebay to covert it to 3 pin :)

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/UK-Travel-Converter-2-Pin-EU-to-UK-Plug-Adapter-Euro-Converter-Plug/383650129757?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=652061019231&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The rom I have is a vendor (Vodafone) - theres an updated global rom. Going to flash it and see how I get on. I would have thought anything released would have relevant security features updated.

Toxica wrote: »

Had the mi note 10 decent,so the pro will be better, loved the camera

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,330 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The rom I have is a vendor (Vodafone) - theres an updated global rom. Going to flash it and see how I get on. I would have thought anything released would have relevant security features updated.

Where are you getting your ROM from? en.MIUI.com?

I re-flashed from there and my NFC still doesn't work. Interested to hear how you get on.

fixXxer wrote: »
    Where are you getting your ROM from? en.MIUI.com?

I re-flashed from there and my NFC still doesn't work. Interested to hear how you get on.

https://c.mi.com/thread-3621564-1-0.html?sources=1

That's the thing - my NFC works. Just checked and the leap card app is working ok. It just seems to be Google Pay for me. I'll let you know how it goes - could be tomorrow before I get a chance to do it.

• Advertisement

My Redmi Note 5 Pro is staring to show it's age. GPS kept losing location today.

Having a look at this? Opinions or alternative options.

OPPO A72 - 4GB + 128GB Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 665 mobile platform 6.5 inch 5000 mAh Dual-Sim 48MP Camera Sim Free Android 10 Smartphone- Twilight Black

Looking to use the default installed OS, because no longer want the hassle of flashing custom roms or rooting. Need it clean for banking app.

Not really interested in having a MIUI phone.

How is OPPO 'color os' to use is it heavily skinned or close enough to android 10? Are they good for updates?

Thanks @Suckit for your advice & opinions ,

Just ordered OPPO A72 from here: -
    https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0884R8SRD
    &
    Case: - https://www.amazon.de/ivoler-Tempered-Protector-Absorption-Shockproof-Black/dp/B087N3TVVG/
    Item Subtotal: EUR 157,19
    Delivery and Handling: EUR 8,39

Subtotal before VAT.: EUR 165,58
    VAT: EUR 35,26

Order Total Including VAT: EUR 200,84

Priority Delivery was not much more than standard, so got it by that, think they said to expect it by 19th.

Just ordered one for my brother on Amazon UK.
    Total was 240 euro for 128gb one.

Says delivery by Tuesday 15th.
    Excellent!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi folks, has anyone got an Asus zenphone either 6 or 7?

Also may order off Ali express, have used before for cheap bike stuff, but never somebting this expensive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Deseras

Hi folks, has anyone got an Asus zenphone either 6 or 7?

Also may order off Ali express, have used before for cheap bike stuff, but never somebting this expensive.

Watch out for out for vataliexpress and expect slow shipping also asus has problems with Android 11 look for chinese seller tha
    t ships from europe from other sites than aliexpress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Just bought the Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and I'm having a problem with texts not coming through. So for example I have some apps which need verification through a code received by text and I haven't been getting the texts.

Any idea whats causing this? I think I had a similar problem with my last Xiaomi phone too.

I'm on Three by the way

Posted this in the Poco X3 thread too but it seems to be a Xiaomi issue because it happened before with another Xiaomi phone

^^^ Check your Blocked messages??

• Advertisement

Poco F2 stopped charging a couple of days ago. Decently common issue where bending the phone makes it charge but solution is to disassemble and add some tape it seems. On my Honor 10 in the meantime.

Girlfriend has a Note 10 plus and love it. Around half the price tho. Might go Samsung in the future.

https://c.mi.com/thread-3621564-1-0.html?sources=1

That's the thing - my NFC works. Just checked and the leap card app is working ok. It just seems to be Google Pay for me. I'll let you know how it goes - could be tomorrow before I get a chance to do it.

Tried unlocking my bootloader - now I have to wait another week.

^^^ Check your Blocked messages??

No had a look there alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Suckit wrote: »
    Have you tried a replacement SIM?

Just ordered one from three there so will see if that works

• Advertisement
Advertisement