Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

You're on a roll AS, loving the pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,166 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I follow some christmas accounts on instagram & facebook & have to admit I've found so many fantastic christmas related images I've created a new screensaver for my PC's to use this year to go along with my christmas themed wallpaper... there really are so many great christmas images out there nowadays.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

🎅🎅🎅

Nearly time to wrap up for the weekend, tell you what for a short week is was a hectic one, I feel like I haven't stopped since coming back to work on Tuesday.

Off to the gym now tonight, nice hot shower afterwards & then its tea & TV time!!☕️📺️

Hope everyone has a nice weekend, looks like the weather wont be doing its bit for moral unfortunately.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

I hear you mate, what a week.

Sounds like a nice evening, enjoy.

Have a good weekend folks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mental week here too. But it’s Friday!!!

have a great weekend everyone.

Glorious weather over in Tallaght this afternoon at the match, felt like a summer day (ie not autumn) 😉

Picked up out our way as the day when on. Best part of the day was around 5pm when wind dropped and was very warm.

Are they letting many in to the games for LOI?

1500 for our games, not sure about the rest, it had been 200 for long spells but that's increased recently. Think its dependent on capacity now, I know Galway had 800 at their game v cork for example. From what I've heard its been handled incredibly well with no cases linked to games so fingers crossed the numbers will steadily be allowed to increase here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I've been travelling round Ireland, and finally spent the weekend in the West. It has been so warm, so humid!

And then just yesterday morning, I stood outside and sensed a tiny whiff of cool, crisp air; it was still very warm all day, but that touch of cool air was like the earliest fingertip of Autumn and brought to mind such things as blazing fires, a comforting electric blanket, lights in the house, and Christmas on the horizon.

• Advertisement

Great to hear. Lets hope all things continue on this vein.

Absolutely!!! I'm looking forward to bringing the kids again with me soon.

With you there. Have noticed both Friday morning & again this morning when driving in to the office that its noticeably cooler, I even had the heat back on in the car this morning (its been on cold for the last few weeks) so we're definitely seeing the early signs of the coming season. As much as I love the summer & the longer days & bright evenings I've a bit of a craving for winter & the darker nights this year, I think its because I still feel that last years christmas & the build up was taken from us or suchlike and the thoughts of a more normal one is stirring the christmas cravings.

When in Blanch yesterday, I said to the OH at one stage, 'Can you imagine what it will be like a week before Christmas'.

I think everyone, retailers and shoppers, are hoping for a more normal build up this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The recent increase in case numbers has me worried. Hopefully the government will plow ahead and not pull us back into a lockdown as we are doing so well with the vaccinations.

If we go back into a lockdown after the vaccination programme has done its job then we're goosed as a country. There is literally no other alternative at this stage. The case numbers are no longer the benchmark though, its hospitalisations & ICU numbers that will count as this is all about the HSE.

Lets hope not.

Hospital numbers still staying reasonably low so lets hope that is the difference this time round (in saying that I haven't been following as closely as I use to so that is just my read from news headlines etc).

This arrived this morning. Ordered from H&M. Still can’t believe I’m gonna have a baby most likely before this Christmas!!

I can literately feel your excitement :)

It's a total game changer and it amazing how your preservative on things changes when your little bundle of joy becomes the center of your world.

Seeing stuff like that brings me right back to that time, a heady mixture of excitement, nervousness (& fear!!)... we too were on high alert of imminent arrival in the build up to christmas but managed to hang on into January... its a fantastic time loughc, truly fantastic.

That’s the best way to put it. It’s a big mixture of excitement, nervousness and fear and excited for all the years to come.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

🎅🎅🧑‍🎄🤶

My ideal home 😍😍😍

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

favourite day of the week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Finishing up work today for two weeks Annual Leave 😍

• Advertisement

Be pretty much Sept by the time you are back!!

Enjoy the time off CL.

Advertisement