Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think this thread alone is proof they've built some buzz. As much as a lot of people myself included are tearing into it. The thread is more active than it has been in quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ThePott wrote: »
    I think this thread alone is proof they've built some buzz. As much as a lot of people myself included are tearing into it. The thread is more active than it has been in quite a while.

No doubt but is it sustainable and will it he built upon ?

From past experiences my answer is sadly no.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lord TSC wrote: »
    John Pollack: Hour 3 of Raw feat. Raw Underground compared to last week's third hour (which was an all-time low):
    Adults 18-49: +24%;
    Females 18-49: +54%;
    Males 18-49: +9%;
    Adults 18-34: +82%;
    Females 12-34: +237.5% (not a typo);
    Males 12-34: +86%;
    Adults 25-54: +15%;
    Adults 50+: -6.5%

Maths quiz: If adults 18-34 are 82%, females 12-34 are 237.5% and males 12-34 are 86%, What time does the train reach Nantucket?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ThePott

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No doubt but is it sustainable and will it he built upon ?
    From past experiences my answer is sadly no.
    Oh of course, I was never suggesting it was. Let's be honest even storylines that had people talking lately were either forgotten or lead nowhere. Erik Rowan's pet was a toy spider that got immediately squashed. The Smackdown hacker was abandoned.

I don't know if people will be back and I certainly don't think the show has gotten better or will be better at the end of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,290 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So I just worked out the whole RAW Underground is there to get Punk back and let him win an actual
    (Kayfabe)
    shoot fight and big up his broken ego from the UFC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,772 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So I just worked out the whole RAW Underground is there to get Punk back and let him win an actual
    (Kayfabe)

It will probably be against Shane no doubt

Hard to knw really, an in ring return for Punk would be good for ratings

(Kayfabe)

It will probably be against Shane no doubt

Hard to knw really, an in ring return for Punk would be good for ratings

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A Punk and Miz feud would be fascinating. I'd love to see Miz tear strips off Punk on the mic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

So i just watched Joe and Rollins, i know what most of us think about Joe, but that just emphasised again how they have messed him up so badly, he deserves so much better then been stuck behind that desk

They've tried pushing him but he is made of glass these days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

J. Marston wrote: »
    They've tried pushing him but he is made of glass these days.

Which isn’t surprising seeing how much he put himself through over the years.

Bryan almost made himself a cripple going hell for leather to become an Indy darling.

John Pollack: Hour 3 of Raw feat. Raw Underground compared to last week's third hour (which was an all-time low):

Teenage girls want Shane.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Teenage girls want Shane.

Could it be Rey Jnr, Dominic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Those numbers look good but you said it yourself last week was an ALL TIME low - realistically they had to gain...having said that they did generate hype and buzz....next 2 weeks will be the real test.

They do need to get rid of the GTA style stripper dancers - c'mon lads, it's 2020!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Those numbers look good but you said it yourself last week was an ALL TIME low - realistically they had to gain...having said that they did generate hype and buzz....next 2 weeks will be the real test.

They do need to get rid of the GTA style stripper dancers - c'mon lads, it's 2020!

Women's revolution.

Did they miss a trick by not having someone like Sonya Deville throwing around a developmental performer? It would have made it actually stand out of they had some women involved.

Although it could make for a good way for some women to burst in and take over RAW underground in weeks to come in response the use of the dancers.....

What was worse was Shane leering after them Alan Partidge style. 'OOOOOH YOURE NICER THAN MY WIFE'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Shane was so bad on the mic, like someone commentating on Heat circa 2000.

Shane was so bad on the mic, like someone commentating on Heat circa 2000.

More like a promoter on a Spring Break wet t shirt competition.

He was all sorts of cringe. Cant wait to get behind babyface Shane in 3 months when he leads Smackdown into battle for Survivor Series.

I'm seeing people angry over the use of the dancers. If they were developmental talent or jobbers (were they? I dunno) being used as dancers then it would be sending the wrong message but I presume they were local dancers/actors. It's a gig for them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Joe is great, proper hard man.

Seth is also a ringer for Joseph Seed from Far Cry 5

• Advertisement

Joe is someone they obviously tried to push and get behind, its a pity he got so many injures which hampered him.

AOP and Theory have suddenly vanished

PTH2009 wrote: »
    AOP and Theory have suddenly vanished

Theory for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

one of AOP got injured i think so they take whole team off tv same as usos

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Theory for obvious reasons.

Covid?

Covid?

I was thinking because he was a Heyman push guy and now Paul E is gone he is gone too.

Covid?

Under age reltionships alledgedly. Well from what Ive seen on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

So i just watched Joe and Rollins, i know what most of us think about Joe, but that just emphasised again how they have messed him up so badly, he deserves so much better then been stuck behind that desk

All the time in the world yet. It's easy to forget that before the Summer of Punk in 2011 he was stuck behind the commentator's booth as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,026 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

KO vs. Orton tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

No one calling out Retribution? How long until they actually come out during a match?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement