Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Partners Ex Partner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Im single but have never given my past boyfriends ex's much thought at all. Unless of course they wearnt over them and were still holding a flame for them, otherwise, I just think they broke up for a reason and id hope he'd care enough about me and like me more than for how I look, to not compare me to his ex.
    I know myself, when ive been with someone really hot and then go out with someone physically not so attractive, I dont wish he looked like the last guy, if anything, once im turned off someones personality, im turned off them sexually to, I think thats common for most people. You can look like a super model but be equally annoying or boring or stupid and that in itself is unattractive.

Id hope to find someone who loves my personality and who I am as I wont be attractive forever and neither will his hot ex.

Also, he wouldnt be with you if there wasnt atleast some physical attraction there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I really don't give a fiddlers about exes or that at all.

I've ridden a rake of cunce, she's ridden a rake of cunce, we both decided we like to ride each other the best so we're just gonna ride each other for good.

You have a beautiful way with words you know that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

My dad and my stepdad are good friends and whenever stepdad visits the motherland, they go for food and catch up.
    My biological parents split up for a good reason (alcoholism) when I was small and now that I'm older I see they would not have been a good fit and that relationship would not have lasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Rufeo

Porklife wrote: »
    Last night over a few beverages, myself and a friend were talking about ex partners and how more often than not, you look back and think "what the hell was I thinking?!" but at the time you most likely (one would hope!) thought they were awesome.

She was telling me how her current boyfriends ex girlfriend is really hot and how much it bothers her but I was thinking that it's inadvertently a compliment as it reflects how you're probably on the same scale looks-wise. If my partners ex was aesthetically really unattractive I think it would bother me more! It also got me thinking that there's gotta be someone out there who has googled (aka cyber stalked) you and thought oh no, he/she used to go out with him/her!

So how do you guys feel about your partners ex being a hottie? Are you fortunate enough to be somebody who doesn't give a **** about these things or are you someone who agonizes over it and compares yourself to the ex? I find it a bit unnerving when I've discovered that I look really similar to the ex but it's two-fold as I also don't particularly like when I look completely different to the ex! Ah relationships, why can't they just be plain sailing and why is hindsight so much better and clearer than rightnowsight (it's a word!)?

My hungover musings on a Thursday morning.

Stop drinking during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

The third still bothers me. He was a scrawny “musician” type, shoulder length lank, and greasy, hair, a wispy beard and bad teeth.

I’ve asked her, repeatedly, about this guy but she doesn’t say much, just that he was “nice” and they went out for a short while.

From what I gather he “ended” things with her too, bizarre behaviour from someone who looks like he crawled out of a swamp to be at when he’s with a real “dime piece”.

The thoughts of his gawky “frame” slapping against her still turns my stomach a bit so I try not to think about it too much. But, I mean, really, what I’m earth was she thinking?

For some reason this came to mind:

https://twitter.com/imteddybless/status/1228459983064436736

• Advertisement

When women talk like that I just want to vomit on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Rufeo wrote: »
    I'm guessing at a complete lack of ex's here.

dinorebel wrote: »
    I'm guessing at a complete lack of ex's here.

I wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

I’ve met 3 of my partner’s former “partners”.

2 of them were fine, 1 a “rugby” man, like myself, and the other a burly Dutchman. Big, tall, guys but I’ve been assured that I’m the bigger “man”.

The third still bothers me. He was a scrawny “musician” type, shoulder length lank, and greasy, hair, a wispy beard and bad teeth.

I’ve asked her, repeatedly, about this guy but she doesn’t say much, just that he was “nice” and they went out for a short while.

From what I gather he “ended” things with her too, bizarre behaviour from someone who looks like he crawled out of a swamp to be at when he’s with a real “dime piece”.

The thoughts of his gawky “frame” slapping against her still turns my stomach a bit so I try not to think about it too much. But, I mean, really, what on earth was she thinking?

So much dickheadedness in a single post

Self described "Rugby guy" = tosser

"Assured you're the bigger man = like she hasn't said that to all who sailed on her slippery deck before

"What on earth was she thinking" if he supposedly had nothing going for him maybe it was his massive cock that did it for her

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Candie wrote: »
    If someone has an ex, it means they don't want to be with them anymore. If someone is with you, it's because they want you above all others.
    Well, that's not necessarily true. Your partner might still want to be with their ex, but the feeling is unrequited, so they're settling for you :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I thought it was pretty hilarious.
    You might need to look into managing your gag reflex...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

I've been on different sides of this. I tend to rate personality more than looks IMO and my type varies based on that but I've definitely ended up dating "up" in terms of sheer hotness a lot of the time. I'm not being self depreciating but it's just a fact.

I have two super hot exes with whom other people have straight out asked me how I managed to get with them. I got this **** from friends and even a random chick in a bar. Out of those two, one had an ex who was a model and looked nothing like me and the other had an ex who was a bit similar looking to me I suppose. But I never felt threatened by the exes and never thought much about them unless they were brought up. Now I'm the ex and I'm still friendly with one of them, and pretty sure his GF has no issue with me, looks wise I'd say we're about the same.

Another ex told me (when we were together) that I wasn't as much his type physically as his ex because he went for skinny women (for the record I'm a size 12 and she was maybe an 8), but that it was okay because I was "kind and good" and that mattered more. Oh and that he wanted to grow up and stop being shallow. He said this with a straight face and thought I should be happy about it.. I am not fcuking kidding. He used to compare aspects of our relationship to theirs an awful lot too whenever something was wrong. This guy was good looking, as in I found him attractive, but I definitely wasn't reaching. Now he's dating a woman about 10 years older than him and she seems lovely but I've seen a few photos and I win on that round.Which is nice, for a change!

Funny the super hot guys never once made me feel lesser than. But the dude with notions of himself felt he had to put me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

So much dickheadedness in a single post

Self described "Rugby guy" = tosser

"Assured you're the bigger man = like she hasn't said that to all who sailed on her slippery deck before

"What on earth was she thinking" if he supposedly had nothing going for him maybe it was his massive cock that did it for her

Why don’t you tell us how you really “feel”?
    Jeez, some people.

No, I’m taking her “word” for it. I’ve no reason to doubt her and, let’s face it, it’s not like I haven’t heard it before.

I honestly don’t know what this guy had going for him. He was not, in any way, “good looking”. He looked very unhealthy. Smoked those “rollie” cigarettes and really looked like it.

Don’t think he was “packing” either, to be honest, far too skinny. Now, maybe he had me for length, although I highly doubt it, but definitely not for “girth”.

Look, I’d rather not think about him to be honest. The thoughts of them “together“, his skeletal frame and that greasy hair just makes me queasy.

I’ll be convinced I can taste smoke next time I’m, you know, “down there”. Vile.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Why don’t you tell us how you really “feel”?
    Jeez, some people.

No, I’m taking her “word” for it. I’ve no reason to doubt her and, let’s face it, it’s not like I haven’t heard it before.

I honestly don’t know what this guy had going for him. He was not, in any way, “good looking”. He looked very unhealthy. Smoked those “rollie” cigarettes and really looked like it.

Don’t think he was “packing” either, to be honest, far too skinny. Now, maybe he had me for length, although I highly doubt it, but definitely not for “girth”.

Look, I’d rather not think about him to be honest. The thoughts of them “together“, his skeletal frame and that greasy hair just makes me queasy.

I’ll be convinced I can taste smoke next time I’m, you know, “down there”. Vile.

You should blow your own cigar smoke up "there" next time you're in the vicinity so any future men also note they are kot the first. Like how the frozen bodies on Everest remind you that others have been there before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Stop drinking during the week.

Mod

If you have nothing constructive to add don't bother posting, no need to be so Judgemental

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I’ve met 3 of my partner’s former “partners”.

2 of them were fine, 1 a “rugby” man, like myself, and the other a burly Dutchman. Big, tall, guys but I’ve been assured that I’m the bigger “man”.

The thoughts of his gawky “frame” slapping against her still turns my stomach a bit so I try not to think about it too much. But, I mean, really, what on earth was she thinking?

Way too many inverted commas in this post in general, but surly the word "bigger" should have the inverted commas as opposed to the word "man".

"bigger" would suggest that you're talking about penis size, but putting the quotation marks around the word "man" suggests you're in some kind of transgender or non-binary state.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

My husband's ex girlfriend got married to a guy 10 years ago, they split up. Now she's engaged to a lad 20 years younger than her.

She's a nice girl, I wish her the best of luck and hope she finds happiness this time.

Ah, get that out of your mind right now!

What there was was a lot of sweat drenched sliding over her, with a sousant of grinding. And that's just the PG version, you know what I mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

touts wrote: »
    And as I say to my wife I'm flattered that of all the guys she could have had (and she could have had her pick of any one she wanted) she picked me. I felt I was playing out of my league and yet won the league.

The Leicester City of lurrve. :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Porklife wrote: »
    You have a beautiful way with words you know that?

Thanks, comes from my work - I write children's books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

I went on a date recently (decided to try out internet dating and after 3 dates its not for me) and on our first meeting this guy told me he showed his ex wife my profile. He said that she thought I looked nice but a bit of a ;'girl next door' type. I found it a bit hilarious and wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing from her! Probably because I don't wear makeup or fake tan etc
    I didn't think it was information that he had to share with me to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

AryaStark wrote: »
    I went on a date recently (decided to try out internet dating and after 3 dates its not for me) and on our first meeting this guy told me he showed his ex wife my profile. He said that she thought I looked nice but a bit of a ;'girl next door' type. I found it a bit hilarious and wasn't sure if it was a good or bad thing from her!

He did what?!

What's wrong with people?

Re my partner's ex: I don't give her a second thought. He's with me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I wish I could not give my fella's ex a second thought but she's always bothering us. Mind you they have children together so I knew what I was signing up for...

Definitely not better looking than me. I hadn't thought about it but I guess I might feel envious if she was. I dunno though. They were well finished when we met and I tend to think if people went to all that trouble to separate they really really don't want to be together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Katgurl wrote: »
    I wish I could not give my fella's ex a second thought but she's always bothering us. Mind you they have children together so I knew what I was signing up for...

Definitely not better looking than me. I hadn't thought about it but I guess I might feel envious if she was. I dunno though. They were well finished when we met and I tend to think if people went to all that trouble to separate they really really don't want to be together.

We had that crap for a while too but thankfully everyone is all grown up now so she's faded into obscurity for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Im usually the hot exe :)

Advertisement