Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 9)

Comments

Home. On my couch.
    I love those kids but jaysis they are relentless! I know why their parents always look so tired.
    Knackered but happy.
    I will drink a few glasses of red wine tonight I think :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Home, couchside. Thawing out...

It is incredibly cold out there and there’s a nasty nasty wind chill factor. Not arsed going back out in those Arctic conditions to go swimming at my gym.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Just climbed into bed. Could hardly bother to take my boots off.
    Head's a whirlin', but not from alcohol. Hoping to sleep.well, badly need it.
    Smiling at the previous post about boots, crossposted at same time

Hope you will be feeling better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh Im fine, just had a lot to process.
    Ive got random stabby pains to keep me grounded now though. :D
    Sleep. Who did I think I am? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

I've been in and out of bed all day, shivering one minute, hot the next. Had some weird dreams during the day, the paracetamol drives me mad.
    Anyway, feeling better somewhat now and my head is cleared a bit too.
    Back to bed now soon, hope I can sleep without dreaming or it's going to be a fun night.

• Advertisement

The red box paracetamol gives me mad dreams.
    Hope you feel better soon, your grace :)

I just had one of the nicest cups of tea in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

No sign of Leg End the last few days or Seph today!? It’s quieter without their antics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

If you get a cheaper room your company might save money :)

:eek:

Thats the sort of mindset that would see Mutt done out of his steaks

Perhaps they're having an assignation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,958 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

No sign of Leg End the last few days or Seph today!? It’s quieter without their antics.

It's slowly getting quieter in here , I think anyway Widdershins .

Kitchen , tidying over .

• Advertisement

Perhaps they're having an assignation.

A fancy word for rendezvous ( I had to look that up :D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Time to get reacquainted with my pillow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

smurfjed wrote: »
    Guess where I am ????

Basel Switzerland

Jaysus I've a ton of mates in Basel!.. I'm friends with a biker club there.

Home from the gym, since the photo is pretty crappy I'll throw it up here;

503260.jpg

I'd a terrible swim tonight, I just couldn't find my mojo and gave up after only 500m.. But banked it for a long run and swim tomorrow.

Sitting drowning my woes with a glass of vodka, gonna walk the mutts shortly.

Jaysus I've a ton of mates in Basel!.. I'm friends with a biker club there.

Home from the gym, since the photo is pretty crappy I'll throw it up here;

503260.jpg

I'd a terrible swim tonight, I just couldn't find my mojo and gave up after only 500m.. But banked it for a long run and swim tomorrow.

Sitting drowning my woes with a glass of vodka, gonna walk the mutts shortly.

I just finished watching ultimate hell week, jesus they put them poor frs through it, no getting away with banking anything on that programme.
    But fair play mak, I'd be dead after 500m swim.
    Heading bedside, night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside but sleep not happening. Am tired but mind is racing.

I just finished watching ultimate hell week, jesus they put them poor frs through it, no getting away with banking anything on that programme.
    But fair play mak, I'd be dead after 500m swim.
    Heading bedside, night all.

Its a great show, I watched it last night then we watched it during lunch in work today. Very realistic, but toned down and nothing like a SF selection course. Its more like a day in general recruit training.

I used ''banking'' that training as a way to finish a crap session with a positive. I really wanted to do 1.5km tonight but I'd a sh*t day in work and although I can usually put that behind me once I'm training I really wasn't a people person this evening and little things were annoying me so I banked tonight for a longer session tomorrow.

Do you like the show?. There's a good thread in the reality TV forum but you're free to ask me anything here if you're following it.

Btw, I ran a 10k with some of last years contestants. They were a great bunch of guys and I've kept in touch with two of them.

To the thread, had the mutts out but Ruby was freezing and wanted to get back into the warm house, she's such a lazy house dog. Wouldn't move in a fit!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dave Angel

This could be Rotterdam or anywhere, Liverpool or Rome.... You're welcome crayturs. Goodnight :D

Dave Angel wrote: »
    This could be Rotterdam or anywhere, Liverpool or Rome.... You're welcome crayturs. Goodnight :D

I miss the rains down in Africaaaa... You're welcome back :mad:

:pac:

You two are sophisticated and you're ancient.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm only happy when it rains...

• Advertisement

Good job you live in Galway!

Red wine went straight to my head!
    Will probably have ghost crying tonight in my dreams.........

I apparently can't even get mildly merry. I drank a generous glass of red wine in the past half hour. Maybe I only get drunk when theres someone to witness my mortification.

Fireside reading whatsapps and my kindle app.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside eventually! Dinner went well and ended up staying out waaaaay too late :o oh well, had a good time and no harm done :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I didn't read that..I actually sang it :D

I have to admit.. AH isn't a very happy place these days...ah well...maybe it'll perk up a bit

Up and eating breakfast.
    I had a restless night, only slept in spurts, but no mad dreams or sweating at least, Mrs took herself in to the spare room, she still asleep going on the snoring I heard as I passed it on my way to the kitchen.
    The mornings are brightening a bit now, I can see a chink of light starting so in a bit I'll walk the dogs, I think I can manage a short walk and I'm going to work too. Man flu is a hoor.
    Have a good day all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,281 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning all, hotel time again sitting waiting to see if things get fixed so that we can leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Wednesday!!!

• Advertisement

Grey, cold, miserable day. Suits my attitude today. A little ray of sunshine I am not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Porridge and coffee side.
    Dull and dreary and weather is sh*te too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Grey, cold, miserable day. Suits my attitude today. A little ray of sunshine I am not!

You are my sunshine , my only sunshine La la la la just to cheer u up
    Horrible day here too hate this weather but my mum and dad are visiting today woop woop

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off for a work meeting shortly. Yay.

Don't you love when you are cleaning up and you find a bar of chocolate? It's still cold and wet but it's not as miserable as it was 10 minutes ago.

Morning folks! :)

Feeling a bit sleepy this morning, as I spent too much of the night listening to this audiobook - Why We Sleep. Bill Gates had it on his recommended list a while back. It's an absolutely fascinating listen (I assume as good a read).. It's a serious eyeopener. As someone who has diabolical sleep patterns, even the first few chapters have already convinced me get my sleep on track, whatever the cost.

Here's a link to what Bill had to say.
    https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Why-We-Sleep

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Morning all! :)

Just at my desk, getting revved up for another day. Checking the inbox of my work email...already I see two emails from dissertation students I'm supervising looking for help on things.

Going along to a public lecture this evening on climate change being given by a former lecturer of mine from my student days as a Trinity undergrad back in the 90s. Really looking forward!

Hope y'all have a good - or at least non-eventful, day!

Morning folks! :)

Feeling a bit sleepy this morning, as I spent too much of the night listening to this audiobook - Why We Sleep. Bill Gates had it on his recommended list a while back. It's an absolutely fascinating listen (I assume as good a read).. It's a serious eyeopener. As someone who has diabolical sleep patterns, even the first few chapters have already convinced me get my sleep on track, whatever the cost.

Here's a link to what Bill had to say.
    https://www.gatesnotes.com/Books/Why-We-Sleep

Have it on my bedside locker! Keep meaning to read more but I keep falling asleep 🙄

Don't you love when you are cleaning up and you find a bar of chocolate? It's still cold and wet but it's not as miserable as it was 10 minutes ago.

I found some snow creams left over from Christmas. But they’re really sickly sweet, that’s why they’re still there!

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I found some snow creams left over from Christmas. But they’re really sickly sweet, that’s why they’re still there!

Mine is Mint Aero. Remember putting it up there to be retrieved later but I forgot about it.

Meant to be off but in work because a colleague is away. Don't you just hate when some people have lives and you don't.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Have it on my bedside locker! Keep meaning to read more but I keep falling asleep 🙄

It's scary stuff Poochie!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Dave Angel

Alright lads, I'm closing my account and I'm certain it's for good this time. Boards just ain't for me anymore. It's only ever been a bit of craic for me and I just don't find it much craic anymore like I once did. The fact that I won't be back just want to wish ye all well for the future. And thanks particularly to the funny bastards who made me laugh. Take it easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Nursing a Guinness hang over after 5 pints of the black stuff last night.I think the hangover is more to do about Liverpool losing than drink as when they win I'd have more than 5 and still be in great form.

cjmc wrote: »
    Nursing a Guinness hang over after 5 pints of the black stuff last night.I think the hangover is more to do about Liverpool losing than drink as when they win I'd have more than 5 and still be in great form.

With the year you are having you must be in right form all year so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

About to watch Shortland Street

Alright lads, I'm closing my account and I'm certain it's for good this time. Boards just ain't for me anymore. It's only ever been a bit of craic for me and I just don't find it much craic anymore like I once did. The fact that I won't be back just want to wish ye all well for the future. And thanks particularly to the funny bastards who made me laugh. Take it easy

Another one bites the dust. Take it handy! Although you won't see this I guess..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Very busy morning at the coalface, more or less up to date now so going to take it handy for the afternoon, also making arrangements for meeting up with extended family at a big family gathering on Saturday evening, damn looking forward to that.

Home at last. This morning felt like it yawned on for a whole day.
    My advice to people leaving boards because its not as much craic is the same as to people leaving facebook because people arent writing as much interesting or funny stuff.
    Make it better craic. Be the change you want to see.
    Im afraid some of us find our funny taps broken at times. Thats life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,958 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

We all have to do what's the right thing for us at any given time , look after yourself and enjoy the little things :)

Sitting in the car in the rain .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Just finished a pretend tea party with my three year old.

Heading to the kitchen for some real tea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Just finished a pretend tea party with my three year old.

Heading to the kitchen for some real tea :)

If there is cake then please invite me next time. Promise not to scribble on your walls.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement