Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does America have so many cases of student-teacher relationships?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Ottobre wrote: »
    You don't know how an 18 year old could fancy a 15 year old? By the way have you seen some 15 year olds, they could be mistsken for women in their twenties.

I mean a teacher. I don't know any 18 year old teachers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I know a girl, the friend of a friend and she had a relationship with one of her students. "Relationship". Anyway, they were shagging. This is in Meath. Obviously he told all his buddies. I actually couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid. She was in a "bad place" in her marriage, he was 17 and still in school. A mutual friend told me and I looked her up on "ratemyteacher" and there she is, with a load of slurs. It was just absolutely nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

I used to have a mate who was a teacher and one night another friend of ours was getting the serious come on from this gorgeous woman.

We were late 20s at the time.

Mate was about to go home with her when teacher pal walks in and goes "Stacey what on earth are you playing at ??!"

Turns out "gorgeous pouting Stacey" that my 28 year old pal was going to go home with - was 14.

Easily done chaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I used to have a mate who was a teacher and one night another friend of ours was getting the serious come on from this gorgeous woman.

We were late 20s at the time.

Mate was about to go home with her when teacher pal walks in and goes "Stacey what on earth are you playing at ??!"

Turns out "gorgeous pouting Stacey" that my 28 year old pal was going to go home with - was 14.

Easily done chaps.

Where was Stacys mom ?

Where was Stacys mom ?

Dunno but she had it goin on!

Fine song that!!! First name I thought of to protect the guilty!

Teachers know what age their students are! We're not talking about random encounters.

Just to clarify my double standards, I would take the view of 'niiice' if it was a male student but wonder what the hell was wrong with the teacher if the sexes were reversed.

Illogical I know but I'm looking at it from a purely male perspective on either side of the fence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭mikhail

I have to agree. 15 years ago I was in school. the majority of teachers were women. the men were mostly the woodwork , engineering, tech graph subjects and 50/50 in science, art, history
    most of the women were in languages, maths, pe, home ec, music,

most men were in their 40s 50s and getting towards retiring

there were a good few teachers still in the 20s and early thirties. there were a few that would catch your eye and still would 15 years later
    I went to a secondary school run by Christian Brothers. Fifteen years ago, their last brother retired from teaching. At that time, maybe 3/40 of the staff were women. I was in the staff room recently. I'd say 30+ of those staff have retired or moved on, and it's a majority of women now.

The prestige of teaching has probably diminished as the country got wealthier, and there's a taboo about guys who want to work with kids. Given the number of stories in this thread about female teachers who slept with their students, it would seem that that taboo is utterly ridiculous. It's not guys who are dangerous around kids, it's adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Happened at my school. Female teacher and female student. They're still together 20 years later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 176 ✭✭nigel_wilson

I know a girl, the friend of a friend and she had a relationship with one of her students. "Relationship". Anyway, they were shagging. This is in Meath. Obviously he told all his buddies. I actually couldn't believe anyone could be so stupid. She was in a "bad place" in her marriage, he was 17 and still in school. A mutual friend told me and I looked her up on "ratemyteacher" and there she is, with a load of slurs. It was just absolutely nuts.

Was she good looking?

This posts along with the ones on "Most beautiful women in the world" really bring the painful reality that so much of our life is our control...I'm starting to think that men who are 'loners' are probably destined due to their ****ty genetics, family, etc...

Why hasn't any women ever approached me?

• Advertisement

Was she good looking?

This posts along with the ones on "Most beautiful women in the world" really bring the painful reality that so much of our life is our control...I'm starting to think that men who are 'loners' are probably destined due to their ****ty genetics, family, etc...

I don't think you will find the answers you are looking for here. Set aside the women for a bit.

1. Start by pursuing hobbies or interests you have or might like to try. Not for the purpose of meeting women (forget that remember), but purely for enjoyment. Talk about your interests with others. Just talk. Think they won't be interested? Fuk it. Talk about it anyway. Opening up to people will free them to open up to you.

2. Stop putting people on a pedestal. Have something you want to say? Say it. See what happens. Stop putting filters in the way. As long as you are not being rude, you will be amazed how well people will react to you.

3. This is a tough one. Stop taking things personally. Some people may not react the way you hoped. Laugh it off. Laugh at the s***ty situation that just occurred rather than focusing on your role within it if that makes sense.

All of this helps build genuine confidence. This allows you to act with conviction which gets results and breeds more confidence.

...and remember, always wear sunscreen.

Was she good looking?

I've never had a woman approach me in Ireland either. Although I have had women approach me in other countries.

I think one of the best things you can do is learn some interesting information about other countries and pick up a few words/expressions in a variety of languages... and then just go meet foreign people (not just girls) with the desire to learn about their culture, language, etc... And you will meet women (by association) who will like that you're interested in something other than the usual crap... But honestly, don't chase them. Let them express an interest in you, respond, but don't chase them. Keep your focus, and you'll have a much better experience.

I'm not going to give any advice on meeting/dating Irish women because honestly, I have extremely little experience with them.

I think it's because kids are expected to grow up more in the US.

At 16 most have cars or are driving. Not having a significant other is seen as odd and at 18 they are expected to go to College. Away from family.

Plus there are Teaching Assistants in schools that are often College students - often 19/20.

Can see where it happens. Not that I agree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Flipping it around, I don't know how an adult could fancy a 15 year old!
    In terms of evolution and biology is very easy to explain however socially and legally distasteful it might be.

Advertisement