Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 years for ex-shinner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

The selection committee who nominated young Jonathan to run for SF must have really let their guard down that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The selection committee who nominated young Jonathan to run for SF must have really let their guard down that night.

Not at all. Would be seen as a badge of honour for SF to support a lawbreaker maverick like that who would not call the Guards. Law unto themselves. Hate the organs of State too.

Ask Martin Ferris.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Like the selectors of any politicians who subsequently fell foul of the law. There really isn't a point there other than the juvenile 'they are all the same'.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,991 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Was he in the ira?

He was in sinn fein.

being in sinn fein doesn't mean one was in the ira when it existed. being in the ira when it existed doesn't mean one is in or was in sinn fein.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,272 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

being in sinn fein doesn't mean one was in the ira when it existed. being in the ira when it existed doesn't mean one is in or was in sinn fein.

Bill did not have sexual relations with that woman either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

I know that.

The poster stated he was in the ira.

I'm saying I only seen evidence of him been in sinn fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭ceegee

Like the selectors of any politicians who subsequently fell foul of the law. There really isn't a point there other than the juvenile 'they are all the same'.

There are certainly some questions to be answered as to why he left the party shortly after the kidnapping. How much did they know about this before it came to the attention of the Gardai?

If this happened in any other political party you can be damn sure SF would be hounding them for answers to these same questions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

Once a thug always a thug. He was caught and dealt with.

You forgot to mention that he got a fair trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,064 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

ceegee wrote: »
    There are certainly some questions to be answered as to why he left the party shortly after the kidnapping. How much did they know about this before it came to the attention of the Gardai?

If this happened in any other political party you can be damn sure SF would be hounding them for answers to these same questions

You think they knew he was waterboarding people he met on done deal? Accepted that? Righty O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

418882.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

it shows nothing of the sort. this is nothing to do with sinn fein. sinn fein are still a very credible party and are the only ones who can now be trusted to run the country into the ground.

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

pilly wrote: »
    Good enough for him, scumbag.

Even looks like a scumbag from the pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

You think they knew he was waterboarding people he met on done deal? Accepted that? Righty O.

I could be wrong but the garda acidentally found the video he was been investigated because of his links to Hutch drug gang. How much of that relationship were SF aware of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

jh79 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but the garda acidentally found the video he was been investigated because of his links to Hutch drug gang. How much of that relationship were SF aware of?

What links?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

No skin in the game and I have absolutely no sympathy sorry.

But when you see the derisory sentences for other things like child abuse and so on, you would wonder.

Anyway.

Funny you should mention child abuse in a thread about sinn fein ex members.

From the videos of the double daring do gooder US and British invasion forces??

I reckon it's all because of Dresden :rolleyes:
    it shows nothing of the sort. this is nothing to do with sinn fein. sinn fein are still a very incredible party and are the only ones who can not be trusted to run the country.

Your spell checker is on the blink so I fixed it.

You really have to laugh how the shinners are whining about how this has nothing to do with sinn fein and how he is an ex member.
    And you could bet your house on it that if an ex FG, Labour or fianna failer were caught doing anyhting half as bad, they would be all over it like flies on a cowshyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

It's the craziest story I've heard in a while. The confidence displayed and the self righteous conviction of their actions was shocking. The fact that they actually thought they were untouchable and more or less were... is telling. After all, nobody reported them. They were caught by their own video recording.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    What links?

Family friend and it seems he was willing to use his contacts to help with sourcing weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

He said he was.

If I had a pound for every gobsh*te who said they were in the IRA while making threats I'd be richer than Bono. There's not even any speculation that he was ever even a member of that organisation from what I can see.

Look, he was a scumbag involved in a political party - was got shot of and that's that. People thinking he was some sort of trained IRA operative engaging in secret Sinn Fein interrogation tactics are off their heads. He's a dope and a thug, nothing more.

As someone else said, Fine Gael recently had one of their members attempt to glass a man in the face but we're not taking this as indicative of them and their members.

This eejit hasn't even been involved with SF for years.

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/three-ak47-assault-rifles-used-in-regency-hotel-attack-seized-by-gardai-34527790.html

His house was raided as part of an investigation into the above. He was the link between the ira and the Hutch's being a family friend and all.

The waterboarding video was pure luck.

FTA69 wrote: »

This eejit hasn't even been involved with SF for years.

But he was, at the time.

• Advertisement

ceegee wrote: »
    But he had a place in a political party. He was a serving SF councillor at the time this happened.

Plus he's 40, what f**king war was he fighting in Dublin in the late 90s?

He wasn't a serving councillor, he wasn't even a party member,

http://m.independent.ie/irish-news/three-ak47-assault-rifles-used-in-regency-hotel-attack-seized-by-gardai-34527790.html

His house was raided as part of an investigation into the above. He was the link between the ira and the Hutch's being a family friend and all.

The Provisional IRA had no links with the Hutches, it's a dissident crowd called the NIRA accused of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I have to say I'm happy with this result... Dragging down the good name of Sinn Fein with this type of behaviour is reprehensible IMHO.
    Sinn Fein are mass murderers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Persephone kindness

bubblypop wrote: »
    But he was, at the time.
    Exactly. Like attracts like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

I can't see where the article specifically mentions him as 'the link'. Maybe I missed it.
    Is this a proven fact or are you just guessing that he's 'the link'.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

Nothing but a lying thug. He was fecked out of the shinners because they knew he was goosed and wanted to distance themselves from him. Good bed partners by the sounds of it.

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    I can't see where the article specifically mentions him as 'the link'. Maybe I missed it.
    Is this a proven fact or are you just guessing that he's 'the link'.

It's what the papers are reporting. I think he has stated the Hutch's are family friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Madagascan

Was he in the ira?

He was in sinn fein.

1984 Double Speak there!

Madagascan wrote: »
    1984 Double Speak there!

It's simple enough like, they're two different organisations. You can be in one without the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Did not read the last 5 pages.

This chap is a scumbag and gets 12 years, there are scumbags with 100+ convictions not getting jail time, WTF is wrong with this country?

I reckon we should label all scumbags with 100+ convictions as shinners...

boom crime problem and reoffending problem solved.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement