Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever considered murdering somebody?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I'll murder you OP, at Street fighter 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

More rain for the weekend,so floodster could be busy again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

My best friends would make jokes about the myriad ways we could do away with a certain person.

I can kind of see why they'd want him dead more than I do though. They had to endure my going on about him day and night for at least a week.

A week. For ‘at least’ a week???

Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Not murder per se but wishing somebody was dead - absolutely! If I read in the paper that my ex had been horrifically murdered, albeit not by me, I would be delighted! I don't hate anybody in the world expect for him and he truly deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

bassy wrote: »

Nothing that total bastard enjoys more than getting his dick wet on a rainy weekend. Stay strong, OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

fluke wrote: »
    A week. For ‘at least’ a week???

Ffs

What?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Sorry about that

When I hear the “It’s oh so quiiiiiet, SHHHH SHHHH” song, I consider murdering anyone at all at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Greyfox

It's scary the amount of people on here who say they could murder someone, maybe we have a few secret serial killers here on boards :o

I have definitely met people in life where if I heard they were killed I'd think they deserved it and I could do serious damage to someone in extreme circumstances but murder, no way, its a step too far!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

bassy wrote: »

He's a bollox. You couldn't leave him alone with a jam donut let alone a spouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭fluke

What?!

You going on about someone for a week is hardly grounds for your buds planning a murder, but I get they're being supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

You all think you can take a life but on your terms. It doesn't happen like that but in the movies. Most who post in this thread will sit back and say they would do this or that. But truth be told they would be the ones hiding under tables screaming like bitches.

Does that include those of us who have availed of the right to choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

giphy.gif

171170 wrote: »
    Does that include those of us who have availed of the right to choose?

OOOhhhh, and suddenly the thread takes a sharp turn to the left....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Nope

You all think you can take a life but on your terms. It doesn't happen like that but in the movies. Most who post in this thread will sit back and say they would do this or that. But truth be told they would be the ones hiding under tables screaming like bitches.

Says the hard man with the knife to a gunfight story. People are capable of doing savage acts to another and if you look outside of the average thug pulling a gun or a knife in a scrappy street fight or drunken row, you'll realise plenty is done exactly on the killers terms.
    Greyfox wrote: »
    It's scary the amount of people on here who say they could murder someone, maybe we have a few secret serial killers here on boards :o

I have definitely met people in life where if I heard they were killed I'd think they deserved it and I could do serious damage to someone in extreme circumstances but murder, no way, its a step too far!

It's scary the amount of people who are naieve enough to think they're not living, rearing, working, friendly with people who are absolutely capable of taking the life of another. Motive, means and opportunity.

fluke wrote: »
    You going on about someone for a week is hardly grounds for your buds planning a murder, but I get they're being supportive.

I meant, They'd probably be keener to hear he's been bumped off than even I would be. I'm just joking! They wouldn't weep for him because of my experience with him, but they wouldn't do the deed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Yep!

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Murdering someone is easy its getting away with it that s the hard part.
    look at graham o dwyer.only for nature doing what it does he would have got away with it.

Nature had nothing to do with it, he was seen throwing the phone into roundwood lake. Pure fluke really.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Nature had nothing to do with it, he was seen throwing the phone into roundwood lake. Pure fluke really.
    Check your 'facts'. The lake receded hugely because of drought, and the items were seen then.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

Do I ever consider murder?

Every, and I mean every, time I drive my bus on the M1/M50.

So many stupid people, so few bullets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

wiggle16 wrote: »
    The Destroying Angel mushroom, amanita virosa, is very common and can be found growing from spring into the winter in Ireland. It is bright white, not very unlike a large portobello, apparently tastes quite good, and a single cap is enough to kill a human being. Symptoms of amatoxin poisoning can take up to 48 hours to present themselves after ingestion, by which time all care is palliative.

So yes, I have considered it.

Thats mental

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭wiggle16

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Thats mental

It's not mental, it's mycology :cool:

Unless you meant it's mental that a mushroom can do that, in which case I agree with you, since it kills the animal that eats it a couple of days later and makes sure it's dead - which seems more like revenge than self-defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

I'm not violent but have I felt so angry that I thought about killing a certain someone? Absolutely. Thankfully Ive never acted but there was one occasion I wondered if it would have actually served me better if I did

It's not mental, it's mycology :cool:

Unless you meant it's mental that a mushroom can do that, in which case I agree with you, since it kills the animal that eats it a couple of days later and makes sure it's dead - which seems more like revenge than self-defense.

No... I mean its mental that you have thought about killing someone in this way. You gave quite a detailed rundown of it. Anyway, you can't do it now, its on the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

And this is when little Dave realised he was up too late and needed to go to bed.

What a thread to discover at half 1 in the morning.

Goodnight lads.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    No... I mean its mental that you have thought about killing someone in this way. You gave quite a detailed rundown of it. Anyway, you can't do it now, its on the internet!

They probably never plan ed to use those shrooms and this was just a red herring.

It's fascinating. People seem to spend an inordinate amount of time watching actors depicting each other bashing the he'll out of each other, shooting each other etc. This is...chemistry, I suppose...and a skillful art. Most poisons are also cures. The dose is the poison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

The Destroying Angel mushroom, amanita virosa, is very common and can be found growing from spring into the winter in Ireland. It is bright white, not very unlike a large portobello, apparently tastes quite good, and a single cap is enough to kill a human being. Symptoms of amatoxin poisoning can take up to 48 hours to present themselves after ingestion, by which time all care is palliative.

So yes, I have considered it.

Guy Person wrote: »
    I actually meant to PM you yesterday Wiggle, thank you for making me those garlic mushrooms on Sunday. They were delicious. I have felt a bit queasy today which is unlike me, I'm usually fighting fit and strong as an ox but I'm sure it will pass in a day or two.

Anyhoo, here is a picture of me smiling as a token of my appreciation. You are a good friend.

EEKXOURZ7Y3S5MFQCWYWWAJ6Z4.jpg

Just a little update on this for anyone who cares. I had to take the week off work, I have been unwell this week. My doctor sent me to a&e and the doctors there told me to make my final arrangements as I will be dead soon. Now I think they are completely overreacting but nonetheless my family have already arranged my funeral and I have begrudgingly agreed to make a will. The whole thing is ridiculous, I am a healthy person who eats well and exercises regularly, I just have a small touch of flu. Sure look at me pictured below, I am a bit green around the eyes I guess but as I lie here on the hospital bed about to slip into a heavy nap, or coma as the doctors want to refer to it as, I know I will make a full recovery and be back to my old self in no ti......

43279-full_animated-zombies-google-search-haunted-house-zombie-cartoon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

JayZeus wrote: »
    Says the hard man with the knife to a gunfight story. People are capable of doing savage acts to another and if you look outside of the average thug pulling a gun or a knife in a scrappy street fight or drunken row, you'll realise plenty is done exactly on the killers terms.

It's scary the amount of people who are naieve enough to think they're not living, rearing, working, friendly with people who are absolutely capable of taking the life of another. Motive, means and opportunity.

Your an idiot if your of that kind of thinking. My reaction to that situation wasn't taken likely and the results was me serving time. In todays society you most likely would be the victim and then poor mouth it after the fact. You can keyboard warrior all you want but doesn't change the fact your generation is soft.

Your an idiot if your of that kind of thinking. My reaction to that situation wasn't taken likely and the results was me serving time. In todays society you most likely would be the victim and then poor mouth it after the fact. You can keyboard warrior all you want but doesn't change the fact your generation is soft.

*you're an idiot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭elstingeo

No. A normal person would feel guilt regardless of what the person has done. Guilt I assume would be a difficult thing to live with in itself. A healthy person would pull themselves back and stop if they felt such anger. I am not a shrink but I would assume that a person would hit a brick wall of ethical dilemma within their own selves which would enable them to reflect upon their thought process and stop. It is quite easy to ask has anyone thought of it. Many people probably have, but would not do so due to their moral compass.

Advertisement