Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gardai Special Operation pays off

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

You wouldnt think it a waste of time if your house was getting egged would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Special operation me arse, the guards knew the time and route they take, they just stopped them on the road, one squad car and 2 guards.
    Plus it's a retired lady being target by 3 scumbags, why wouldn't they investigate and resolve?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I wouldn't call the Gardai anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Special operation: Sergeant to Garda "Old Mrs Kelly at number 23 was in again. She's getting afraid that these egg throwers are out to get her. Keep an eye on the area will you? It seems to happens between 3 and 4pm. Spin round that way the odd time".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

RasTa wrote: »
    Laughing away at this as the older lad delivers milk to my house. Why on earth would the Gardai set up a special operation regarding this, seems a waste of time and surprised it made the news.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/bored-milkmen-egged-houses-on-their-round-for-three-months-as-special-operation-mounted-to-find-the-culprits-36209515.html

Yeah, sounds hilarious......
    The men targeted one house in particular and did not realise the impact their behaviour was having on the retired lady living there, who was in considerable fear, a court heard.

....feckin' numpties.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't call the Gardai anyway.

You are not an elderly lady alone in her house with scumbags throwing eggs at your house at 3 in the morning.

I have egged elderly ladies houses as a youth. I know their crimes.

Then shame on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Egging your customers houses, at 19 and 32. I can see why they put the "Special" in "Special Operation"

Well done, champ.

Must have been great craic picking on vulnerable people for your own amusement......why not egg the Garda station......or the local halting site......or is it just better fun to egg those who can't chase after you?

• Advertisement

I got caught and got a deserved beat down by eldery ladies son. Learned and never did that again

I got caught and got a deserved beat down by eldery ladies son. Learned and never did that again

Didn't stop you making light of this story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

These aren't youths out having a laugh at Halloween. They're 19 and 32 year old men who are meant to be doing their job and providing a service; not egging the house of an elderly lady and leaving her fearful in her own home.
    They're absolute idiots of the highest order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Jawgap wrote: »
    Well done, champ.

Must have been great craic picking on vulnerable people for your own amusement......why not egg the Garda station......or the local halting site......or is it just better fun to egg those who can't chase after you?

Halting site ...............hmmmmmmmm

Didn't stop you making light of this story though.

Of course, it reminded me of it. Although I was 11 when i was doing it.

I do find it hilarious that my milkmen were going around egging houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Halting site ...............hmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmm Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Of course, it reminded me of it. Although I was 11 when i was doing it.

I do find it hilarious that my milkmen were going around egging houses.

What age are you now, 12?

Snotty wrote: »
    What age are you now, 12?

:rolleyes: What username were you on this site before?

anna080 wrote: »
    These aren't youths out having a laugh at Halloween. They're 19 and 32 year old men who are meant to be doing their job and providing a service; not egging the house of an elderly lady and leaving her fearful in her own home.
    They're absolute idiots of the highest order.

Indeed and they have being caught, publicly named and shamed but no that's not enough. Maybe a few years in jail would serve them right, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Well done, champ.

Get over yourself pal. It was lads throwing a few eggs, not poor bombs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

Indeed and they have being caught, publicly named and shamed but no that's not enough. Maybe a few years in jail would serve them right, correct?

A couple of years in jail would probably be excessive all right. However a public outing of these two monumental morons sound about right.

Who but a monumental moron would think throwing eggs at an elderly persons house was funny?

Get over yourself pal. It was lads throwing a few eggs, not poor bombs :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm sure it was great fun for the elderly ladies whose houses he mentioned egging......

.......maybe the judge should've given the guys in this particular case the Probation Act and told the woman in question to get over herself?

You're the one who started the thread- did you only want people to agree with you or what?
    They won't get jail but they deserve a good public shaming. What utter imbeciles. And your attitude of "ah sure it's grand I did the same myself", isn't helping their case or making you look particularly great either.

A couple of years in jail would probably be excessive all right. However a public outing of these two monumental morons sound about right.

Who but a monumental moron would think throwing eggs at an elderly persons house was funny?

Is everyone taking stupid pills?

They didn't deliberately target an old ladies house? They targeted the easiest house on their route whom they obviously didn't deliver eggs too and had no idea an old lady lived there.

Is everyone taking stupid pills?

They didn't deliberately target an old ladies house? They targeted the easiest house on their route whom they obviously didn't deliver eggs too and had no idea an old lady lived there.

.....oh I see.

.....that's grand then :rolleyes:

You're the one who started the thread- did you only want people to agree with you or what?
    They won't get jail but they deserve a good public shaming. What utter imbeciles. And your attitude of "ah sure it's grand I did the same myself", isn't helping their case or making you look particularly great either.

A public outing and shaming is about right........and the best thing is the OP is making sure the story circulates much wider than it probably would have......

.......well done him ;)

.....oh I see.

.....that's grand then :rolleyes:

It must be hard to go around in life being perpetually outraged.

It's very easy on the internet. Anyway I've had my fun and it's game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Ah yeah. It's eggs now. It'll be petrol bombs next. Then pipe bombs. Then thermonuclear devices.

• Advertisement

I'm rarely outraged......I'm not even outraged now.......

......I think it's quite nice to see a bit of karma.

....egging houses at their age doesn't generate outrage, it generates hilarity - that they were stupid enough to do it, and get caught.

As I said........feckin' numpties.

It. was. eggs. Slightly worse then throwing snowballs during their route at 3am, excuse me if I don't get as outraged as you.

Hopefully Shane gets into the army

It. was. eggs. Slightly worse then throwing snowballs during their route at 3am, excuse me if I don't get as outraged as you.

Unlikely with a conviction for criminal damage on his record.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Unlikely with a conviction for criminal damage on his record.

Good un oeuf for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

A youth blinded a nurse in one eye by "egging" her from a passing car, Dublin Circuit Criminal Court has heard.

The victim incurred medical expenses of nearly €12,000 and claimed she had lost earnings of €1.5m -- as she was planning on returning to work as a nurse but could no longer do this.

( She was forced to have her eyeball removed two years later. )

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/youth-blinded-nurse-in-egging-attack-from-car-26579382.html

They weren't throwing eggs at people and yes the article is also missing a million opportunities for puns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

gctest50 wrote: »
    A youth blinded a nurse in one eye by "egging" her from a passing car, Dublin Circuit Criminal Court has heard.

The victim incurred medical expenses of nearly €12,000 and claimed she had lost earnings of €1.5m -- as she was planning on returning to work as a nurse but could no longer do this.

( She was forced to have her eyeball removed two years later. )

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26579382.html

Ha. You beat me to it (see what I did there :pac:)

I remember this being in the news at the time. People think it's hilarious to throw eggs but it's far from harmless. I know someone whose brother in law lost an eye after being hit by a golf ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

They weren't throwing eggs at people and yes the article is also missing a million opportunities for puns

That doesn't mean that there isn't the risk of a person getting hit by an egg :mad: And who is supposed to clean up all the fragments of shell and egg goo?

Nobody beyond the age of 5 thinks this is appropriate or acceptable. It's stupid. And if this is how they carry on at work then maybe they're not mature enough for employment.
    Anyway I'm not sure I want to waste anymore time discussing this with you so ta-ta

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kurtainsider

Hopefully Shane doesn't. Imagine arming someone of his mentality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

these lads friends of yours ?

ye share a immature mentality issue

it would appear that the "beating " you took did not have the desired effect and a longer and more savage one is required

although you seem like the kinda person who would run to the police yourself at the first threat of violence

• Advertisement

Hopefully Shane doesn't. Imagine arming someone of his mentality.

The Irish army isn't generally known for being populated with Albert Einstein types. I'd say he'd be welcomed with open arms :pac:

The Irish army isn't generally known for being populated with Albert Einstein types. I'd say he'd be welcomed with open arms :pac:

Once they don't give him any loaded arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Totally untrue and a slur on the majority of our defence forces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Free the Blanchardstown Two.

Thank God!

A piece of toast would've made a better soldier than Einstein.......he was a pacifist.

As for the hero of the OP's tale, he could point to his egg throwing prowess to indicate his ability at throwing grenades?

He could also say how he's willing to lay down his life for his country......

......or maybe ask to be posted to the artillery.......to be put in command of a battery.......firing shells.......boom! Boom! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Ah yeah. It's eggs now. It'll be petrol bombs next. Then pipe bombs. Then thermonuclear devices.

And it will culminate with 'hurtful names'.
    "Bricks and bombs may break my bones but names will scar forever"

Advertisement