Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Airport - News & Updates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

embraer170 wrote: »
    Ryanair’s HHN base is apparently set to close because local crew are refusing a pay cut.

It will be interesting to see what happens KIR-HHN, a route that has lasted for a very long time (and has its roots in Aer Lingus summer Saturday/Sunday DUS-DUB-KIR in the mid-90s).

CGN would seem like the most likely alternative, assuming the fees are too high at FRA to sustain such a leisure route.

Was it not the case that German pilots as a whole refusing a pay cut therefore making CGN a non valid option ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

All HHN flights have now been removed from the booking engine from end-October.

My only doubt about CGN is that it probably won't attract the same diversity of passengers as HHN where you would also get a lot of French, Belgian and even Swiss passengers using the KIR flight.

weisses wrote: »
    Was it not the case that German pilots as a whole refusing a pay cut therefore making CGN a non valid option ??

CGN is a Malta Air operated base.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

Does anybody know can you fly to Dublin with just drivers licence or do I need passport?

Flying tomorrow and zero mention of intra Irish flights on EI website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Casati wrote: »
    Does anybody know can you fly to Dublin with just drivers licence or do I need passport?

Flying tomorrow and zero mention of intra Irish flights on EI website

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/passports-and-visas/travel-to-from-britain/

Looks like u will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Presuming you are an Irish Citizen an Irish Drivers license will suffice, passport naturally accepted but not necessary.

Ryanair in the old days required an Irish passport but that was due to their archaic online checkin system, our lack of an national ID card and the Kerry-Dublin route being the only internal flight in Ireland they operated.

For Kerry-Dublin now on Aer Lingus it would be same as travel to the UK
    Acceptable Identification

If you’re a citizen of Ireland and/or Britain, you need to carry some form of official photo identification in order to be able to fly with us.
    Note: To travel between Ireland and Britain with photo identification other than a passport, you must have been born in Ireland or the U.K. and also be a citizen of either country.
    The following forms of photo identification are acceptable once they are in date:
    • Valid passport or Irish passport card
    • Driver’s licence with photo
    • International student card
    • Government issued photo ID cards
    • Health insurance cards with photo/social security cards with photo
    • Bus pass with photo
    • Work ID with photo
    Citizens of Ireland and Britain under the age of 16 don’t need a photo ID if travelling with their parent/guardian.
    Citizens of countries other than Ireland and Britain must produce a valid passport and visa where applicable for travel between Ireland and Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Casati

theguzman wrote: »
    Presuming you are an Irish Citizen an Irish Drivers license will suffice, passport naturally accepted but not necessary.

Ryanair in the old days required an Irish passport but that was due to their archaic online checkin system, our lack of an national ID card and the Kerry-Dublin route being the only internal flight in Ireland they operated.

For Kerry-Dublin now on Aer Lingus it would be same as travel to the UK

Many thanks for that - I was sure you needed a passport for travel to UK so that ms interesting. Presumably they won’t ask for proof I was born here!

Casati wrote: »
    Many thanks for that - I was sure you needed a passport for travel to UK so that ms interesting. Presumably they won’t ask for proof I was born here!

You WILL need a passport if on Ryanair....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

808 passengers on 343 flights between April and June. No FR flights in that period

https://www.radiokerry.ie/99-drop-passenger-numbers-kerry-airport/

Just the Stobarts and private flights.

FR to drop Berlin, Manchester and summer seasonal Alicante from 1 September. Luton (3pw), Stansted (2pw) and Hahn (until 25 October) (2pw) remain.

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    FR to drop Berlin, Manchester and summer seasonal Alicante from 1 September. Luton (3pw), Stansted (2pw) and Hahn (until 25 October) (2pw) remain.

.... same all over Ireland for any airport using Ryanair.

Government 14 day self isolation recommendation not helping..... airlines can ride it out for so long and then their accountants pull the plug. No surprise there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

N711WM due in at 1000

London Stansted, London Luton, Faro, Alicante, Frankfurt-Hahn and Manchester route all returning next week.

Wonderful to see. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

London Stansted, London Luton, Faro, Alicante, Frankfurt-Hahn and Manchester route all returning next week.

Wonderful to see. :)

Luton appears to return next week but the others have been pushed back to the second half of June. Those routes might depend on the substance of the announcements on travel expected this week.

IngazZagni wrote: »
    Luton appears to return next week but the others have been pushed back to the second half of June. Those routes might depend on the substance of the announcements on travel expected this week.

Ah they were showing on the website this morning but when you go to book they’re taken down. Hahn is back the 16th now. Still close enough.

MOL was saying on Newstalk Breakfast this morning how they were seeing heavy forward bookings from mid June on.

Kerry airport seems to have got new screening equipment in the past few months.

Body scanners for passengers, and hand luggage screening equipment where you don’t need to remove liquids/laptops etc. (caught me by surprise).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Hahn is back the 16th now.

Thanks for the tip, just booked for two to Kerry in July. :)

The June Hahn flights have just been removed from the booking system.

Hahn flight restart delayed again. Now the 18th of July instead of the 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Board Walker

Kerry airport seems to have got new screening equipment in the past few months.

Body scanners for passengers, and hand luggage screening equipment where you don’t need to remove liquids/laptops etc. (caught me by surprise).

Amsterdam is a dream since getting these!

• Advertisement

Hahn flight restart delayed again. Now the 18th of July instead of the 4th.

Cork holiday routes pushed back to that date too. Likely in connection with the green cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

hey all

once you go through into departures in kerry, is there somewhere to get a cup of coffee or something ? for a very early morning flight as i dont think the main restaurant opens till 9 ?

Been years since I flew through kerry so cant remember

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

dashoonage wrote: »
    hey all

once you go through into departures in kerry, is there somewhere to get a cup of coffee or something ? for a very early morning flight as i dont think the main restaurant opens till 9 ?

Been years since I flew through kerry so cant remember

There is a small shop in departures so you might be able to get a drink of some kind. Opening times for things in Kerry airport seemed a bit ad hoc the last time I was there so not sure if it will be open.

There is a small shop in departures so you might be able to get a drink of some kind. Opening times for things in Kerry airport seemed a bit ad hoc the last time I was there so not sure if it will be open.

I reckon with Covid Restriactiosn (social distancing / using same dispensers/ spoons etc ) - they have withdrawn the free facility to comply with the rules. I would plan on NO facilities at 0700 hrs and get your coffee intake in before your arrive!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Masala wrote: »
    I reckon with Covid Restriactiosn (social distancing / using same dispensers/ spoons etc ) - they have withdrawn the free facility to comply with the rules. I would plan on NO facilities at 0700 hrs and get your coffee intake in before your arrive!.

That would be my plan , hence asking the question :P

Aer Lingus apparently ready to operated Dublin-Kerry subject to an appropriate PSO:
    pdate on Aer Lingus Replacement Schedule

Dublin, 14th June 2021 – Aer Lingus today provided a further update on its replacement schedule following the decision by Aer Lingus Regional franchise operator Stobart Air to cease operations.

Of the 12 routes immediately impacted by Stobart Air’s decision to cease trading, Aer Lingus is operating five routes until at least 19th July: Dublin / Edinburgh; Dublin / Manchester; Belfast City / Manchester; Belfast City / Birmingham; Belfast City / Edinburgh.

As announced yesterday, for at least the next week, BA City Flyer is operating two routes: Belfast City / Exeter; Belfast City / Leeds Bradford.

The provision of this replacement schedule has ensured that all impacted customers due to travel in the next week have been offered alternative travel arrangements. Where suitable alternative arrangements are not available, impacted customers will also have the option of a full refund.

Alternative operations for the outstanding routes are still being determined. Aer Lingus is ready to operate the Dublin / Kerry route, subject to an appropriate PSO arrangement being put in place. Aer Lingus is also actively exploring options that would enable the provision of a Dublin / Donegal service.

https://www.companynewshq.com/company-news/airline-company-news/update-on-aer-lingus-replacement-schedule/?fbclid=IwAR3khbJ1IZVk6rDq8PDf-vhFLE0k6rZJvErJI7aLkxThYxuTNLfWci8UyJE

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Shamrockj

According to Eoghan Corry Dublin to Kerry will be operated by Aer Lingus. Not available to book currently

So Kerry could see temporarily see a regular Airbus A320 operation? :cool:

I don't recall the airport ever having a regularly scheduled A320 family operation. There were some charter flights and refugee flights in the 1990s and 2000s and but I think that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭andrewfaulk

So EI want more money from the government to operate an A320 or to be let out of the contract.

Wonder what the outcome will be, particularly when there is now international precedent
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/france-bans-short-domestic-flights-on-routes-that-can-be-done-by-train-1.4534312

• Advertisement

So EI want more money from the government to operate an A320 or to be let out of the contract.

Wonder what the outcome will be, particularly when there is now international precedent
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/france-bans-short-domestic-flights-on-routes-that-can-be-done-by-train-1.4534312

Was the contract with Aer Lingus or with Stobart. Is there even still a valid contract?

Advertisement