Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-11-2011, 20:39   #46
Stev_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
whats so good about it? not given it a try
Literally can watch ANY match. It's fantastic especialy when your waiting for a mate to finish a game you can just watch. Though it is done in delay to prevent ghosting and lag the server out.

Had a great game as jugger there but christ it took us a hour to finish a game which should of been wrapped up in 30 mins god damn no concede. Really loving this game with friends.
Advertisement
21-11-2011, 20:53   #47
GO_Bear

Aye the no concede can get annoying , bear in mind though that a team with a realy hard carry like magina, can easily come back from being 6 towers down if he gets his items, Happened against me 3 times over the weekend
21-11-2011, 20:57   #48
Stev_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_Bear View Post
Aye the no concede can get annoying , bear in mind though that a team with a realy hard carry like magina, can easily come back from being 6 towers down if he gets his items, Happened against me 3 times over the weekend
Already aware have had it happen to me in Hon and LoL several times before. Just frustrating sometimes, we had TH ****ing farming when we had our advantage, was like come on dude get in here and lets finish this **** already instead of dicking around. Sigh
21-11-2011, 23:14   #49
Tar.Aldarion
/flails limbs

magina is picked in, and ruins, every game.
22-11-2011, 00:16   #50
Spunge

Is he magina that good in Dota 2?
He's nothing special in hon atm
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 00:28   #51
GO_Bear

He is very powerful, so hard to lock down, and they build vanguard so after the 20 minute mark without doom / Roar / Rhasta its hard to hold him there long enough for kill,

I just won a game against one that had 450 gpm , way higher then our weaver, but we had Doom and me on Slardar with blink to follow him up our awesome support dazzle with a scythe also helped, even though we were like 6 towers ahead and 12 kills I though for a second he could bring it back for them, but alas no, his team mates failed !
22-11-2011, 02:45   #52
Dreddybajs

Antimage is an excellent hero but he's not really overpowered or anything - the thing is you need coordinated ganks to kill him with chain stuns etc., which is a level of teamwork most pub teams aren't capable of. If you let him farm up without doing that he's going to wreck your team.
22-11-2011, 08:00   #53
KaG

The main reason anti mage roles so many pub games is the other team picking like spastics. If you have no cc he can just blink around killing everyone. I've found that in games we've had 5 playing he's really not a problem.

I don't play hon at all anymore and really like dota 2, mainly because its balanced! One thing you'll find about dota is it is more critical in the sense of one mistake in a fight will lose you a game. while in hon you could have recovered with one of the many stupid heroes they brought in.
22-11-2011, 11:20   #54
GO_Bear

Played Ancient Apparition last night for the first time, they added him to Dota after I stopped playing it.

He was hella fun ! , Slaughtered a shadow fiend mid ( albeit he was crap ) with no chick or wards, his ulty takes a bit getting used to but its sweet. Unfortunately my team went full retard.

Then on a side not I played a game with doom on the long lane against lion, quite a good counter as he kept draining me so I could not even devour, eventually I went top and we did a tri lane and only got a 25 minute radience ;o
Advertisement
22-11-2011, 12:19   #55
Stev_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaG View Post
The main reason anti mage roles so many pub games is the other team picking like spastics. If you have no cc he can just blink around killing everyone. I've found that in games we've had 5 playing he's really not a problem.

I don't play hon at all anymore and really like dota 2, mainly because its balanced! One thing you'll find about dota is it is more critical in the sense of one mistake in a fight will lose you a game. while in hon you could have recovered with one of the many stupid heroes they brought in.

Don't get what your saying here. Sorta happens in every moba game.
22-11-2011, 13:04   #56
KaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stev_o View Post
[/B]

Don't get what your saying here. Sorta happens in every moba game.
Well in HoN I found you could be stupidly behind and still have a much better chance once you had a decent hard carry compared to DOTA. In DOTA I've found that if you win a team fight pushing seems alot easier with the hero pool it has & in turn you can end a game much quicker while being ahead.
22-11-2011, 13:13   #57
Stev_o

Quote:
Well in HoN I found you could be stupidly behind and still have a much better chance once you had a decent hard carry compared to DOTA. In DOTA I've found that if you win a team fight pushing seems alot easier with the hero pool it has & in turn you can end a game much quicker while being ahead.
I haven't seen this tbh, if anything it still is the standard "Don't dick around when you have the advantage if they have a hard carry". Iv nearly lost games where people got lazy and wanted to improve their KS then push a obvious advantage and let the other teams carry back into being a deciding factor.

Still pissed that the games take too long 40-50 minute games = awfully boring and drawn out.
22-11-2011, 13:15   #58
GO_Bear

Quote:
Still pissed that the games take too long 40-50 minute games = awfully boring and drawn out.
Pick Furion and get boots of travel and split push like no tomorrow !!

22-11-2011, 13:16   #59
KaG

Quote:
I haven't seen this tbh, if anything it still is the standard "Don't dick around when you have the advantage if they have a hard carry". Iv nearly lost games where people got lazy and wanted to improve their KS then push a obvious advantage and let the other teams carry back into being a deciding factor.

Do you play with 5?
22-11-2011, 14:55   #60
Stev_o

Quote:
Do you play with 5?
Yup combination of 5's and 3's and on average they'v lasted 40 minutes each and all of them it's been clear who's going to win by at least 25 minutes.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion