Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour Saving and General Guntering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Sligoronan

Best bit of back saveing guntering done in a while.

480660.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

visatorro wrote: »
    That's how you got the scraper going in the finish??!!

Jaysus, don't mention the war!!!!

Coming this week to take it back, they said.

And I believe them....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

emaherx wrote: »
    Yes, 2 handle pipe thing and the Clipex sleeve. It's needed or you'll bust the top clips. Hearing protection needed also.
    Seen guy that sells them using a engine vibrator about size of chainsaw, it taps them down no bother. Ideal setup if not want to take tractor and post driver on ground over the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,373 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jaysus, don't mention the war!!!!

Coming this week to take it back, they said.

And I believe them....:rolleyes:

Start cutting it out yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭emaherx

pms7 wrote: »
    Seen guy that sells them using a engine vibrator about size of chainsaw, it taps them down no bother. Ideal setup if not want to take tractor and post driver on ground over the winter.

I've seen them too, but they are that easy to drive by hand it wouldn't be worth the bother of carrying the extra weight of the engine. Of course it may be a different story on land different to mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Reggie. wrote: »
    Start cutting it out yourself

It's very tempting but they'll have it out in half a day if they send a good crew.

And 5 weeks if they send the same crew that put it in:(

I'm just going to ignore it as much as possible now, the last few months dealing with it has been stressful enough.

And back to looking for another supplier then...

Bitta welding today

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Bitta welding today
    What is it going to turn into?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

Base price wrote: »
    What is it going to turn into?
    You should know Reggie by now.... likes to keep us guessing.....
    so I'll start the ball rolling....

Something to hold rolls of bale wrap?

jimmy G M wrote: »

I'm turning the laptop upside down and from side to side and I can't figure what it's going to be :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Gonna need a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

A frame for back of powerharrow to take a seeder

Muckit wrote: »
    You could be on the mark with that as he said he would like to mount the air seeder on the new power harrow.

You could be on the mark with that as he said he would like to mount the air seeder on the new power harrow.

Just seems logical. It's what he's been using the last while. GLAS wildbird cover is big business now and probably will be in future schemes.
    If it was grass stuff, he'd have done it over the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Gonna need a clue.

Stronger headboard ?

Just seems logical. It's what he's been using the last while. GLAS wildbird cover is big business now and probably will be in future schemes.
    If it was grass stuff, he'd have done it over the winter
    Agree but he only got the new power harrow a couple of weeks ago so couldn't have worked on it over the Winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Agree but he only got the new power harrow a couple of weeks ago so couldn't have worked on it over the Winter.

You'd do that in a few hours.
    He said he did it today.
    Ah it's a frame for the seeder.

jimmy G M wrote: »

Was gonna tell ye but after that statement

Bingo

You'd do that in a few hours.
    He said he did it today.
    Ah it's a frame for the seeder.

A basic frame yes but you know me.......I dont do basic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

A basic frame yes but you know me.......I dont do basic

Are they linkage balls welded on?

Are they linkage balls welded on?

Yeah. Theres a 3 point linkage on the harrow for a drill so using its mounting points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Want to drill holes on the side of an upright similar to that in the pic. The upright is already set in concrete away from the yard so have to drill by hand with battery drill. Would the attached hole saw do the job? Maybe 4 holes on one side only of the upright to do. Holes are for 48mm OD blue band pipe and uprights are 60mm OD.

https://www.demesne.ie/products/starrett-hs51-holesaw-51mm.html?filter_set[]=684,659&page=2

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

What gauge wall in pipe

dzer2 wrote: »
    What gauge wall in pipe

3mm wall. Which is 'Light wall' according to this.

Sorry - 4mm wall with 89mm OD. So medium wall.

https://iitc.ie/catalogue/steel/tubes/galvanised-pipe/galvanised-pipe/

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

3mm wall. Which is 'Light wall' according to this.
    https://iitc.ie/catalogue/steel/tubes/galvanised-pipe/galvanised-pipe/

I've drilled that type pipe with hole saw but ~21-22mm for threaded hanger. No bother to it.

I think you'll be fine. Find centres so that youll be in line from each side. This could be ths trickiest bit. Drill pilot hole, then just take it time with the hole saw. Lubricate it as using it and go slow give time for teeth to do job.

It will cut the hole alright, might take a while though. Dont forget the centre pilot bit to suit that holesaw.

Thanks guys. Kinda what I was thinking. I've drilled it already in the field for the 2 latching bolts of the gate, about 18mm or so using one of these. Did it no bother, but 50mm hole is a lot bigger.

https://holemaker-technology.com/collections/versadrive/products/versadrive-carbidemax-tct-holesaws?variant=18641864837

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭enricoh

50mm hole in 4mm with a Cordless - go easy or the drill might get smelly n smokey!
    Know anyone with a geni welder, turn it up a bit n blow holes out - proper guntering

• Advertisement

Thanks guys. Kinda what I was thinking. I've drilled it already in the field for the 2 latching bolts of the gate, about 18mm or so using one of these. Did it no bother, but 50mm hole is a lot bigger.

https://holemaker-technology.com/collections/versadrive/products/versadrive-carbidemax-tct-holesaws?variant=18641864837

They're like a broach bit you'd use in a mag drill, the hole saw won't cut nearly as well as the carbide bit but it will cut it. Keep as much pressure on the head of the drill as you can and a slow rotation speed.

I seen a video on youtube a while back of a handy way to keep a lot of feed pressure on a hand drill, i'll see if i can find it.

5 minutes 30 into the video
    If any of ye don't watch this guy you should, best channel on youtube!

Advertisement