Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Football Tips Thread IV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,848 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Big bet going on Benfica corners in the next match

Fener will have 11 men behind the ball and hope they can get somthing on the counter

Infor what ya think of the HEERENVEEN VS AZ match?

I do like the odds on the home team

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

Headshot wrote: »
    Big bet going on Benfica corners in the next match

Fener will have 11 men behind the ball and hope they can get somthing on the counter

Agree 100%, also worth looking at the cards bet, Ferna games are card magnets

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Saturday 27th April 2013

12:45 Man City v West Ham
    Just the one bet I'm looking at here. Man City to win to nil at 21/20 appeals. Man City have the best defensive record in the division (30 goals conceded from 33 games) and have conceded only 11 goals from their 16 games at the Etihad. They have been very impressive defensively at home in the league recently and this bet would have collected in 6 of their last 7 home games. West ham have failed to score in 2 of their last 3 away games.
    Man City to win to nil 21/20 - Collected in 6 of their last 7 home games.

15:00 Wigan v Tottenham
    This is perhaps the most interesting game of the weekend with both teams in desperate need of the points at opposite ends of the table. I'm inclined to go with an away win here as Spurs will have Defoe and Lennon back. With their Europa League adventure now over I'm expecting a better performance from Spurs and they'll look to build on their win over Man City last weekend.
    Spurs win 21/20 - Key players expected to return. Won this fixture in 2 of last 3 seasons.
    Bale anytime 20/21 - Returned to action last weekend with a goal against City.

17:30 Newcastle v Liverpool
    I think Newcastle are massively overpriced to beat a Liverpool side who are set to be without their star player Luis Suarez. Newcastle had a shocker in the derby last weekend going down to a devastating 3-0 defeat. They had however won the 4 previous home games and with survival not yet sealed I think the 2/1 for the home side to win is a great value bet.
    Newcastle to win 2/1 - Excellent price for a team with 4 home wins out of 5. Won this fixture last 2 seasons

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Just a little bet really but all of the Prem games on saturday look like having goals in them, over 1.5 in all of them bar Stoke/Norwich pays @ 2.67

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Leicester v Watford..
    over 3.0 goal line @ 2.150
    6 of the last 7 in the head to head have had at least 3 goals.. the other was 2-0..
    Leicester are in with a chance of making the play offs to and are just one point behind Bolton so it's a big game..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Headshot wrote: »
    Infor what ya think of the HEERENVEEN VS AZ match?

I do like the odds on the home team

Odds for Heerenveen are nice indeed.
    Couple of things:
    If you go for Heerenveen, you might as well take the overs with that bet on bet365 (HV & over 3,5 @5)
    Reason is that AZ has BTTS in all of their away matches this season.
    History learns this match up has seen a lot of goals.
    Neither team has much to play for, Heerenveen has all but qualified for the EL play offs, AZ has avoided relegation play offs unless they dont get a single point in the last 3 matches and Roda decides to win 3 out of 3.

HV and over 2,5 is available on Marathon @3.3

I will just go for goals, probably AZ over 1,5 @2
    Both teams are too inconsistent to my liking. Just dont trust them.

Injuries/suspensions i only know later this afternoon but as long as Maher/Altidore and Djuricic/Finbogasson are playing neither team will be too weakened. And as far as i know, all 4 are fit and not suspended

Did you see my remark about Atletico/Falcao/D Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭PunterAssist

A game a day accumulator:

Champions League - Bayern Munich v Barcelona - Bayern Munich To Win Or Draw 'Double Chance' - 1.37 (Ladbrokes)

Champions League - Borussia Dortmund v Real Madrid - Both Teams To Score - 1.57 (Bet365)

Europa League - Basel v Chelsea - Over 1.5 Goals - 1.33 (Bet365)

2.80 (Ladbrokes)
    Bayern Munich 4-0 Barcelona
    Borussia Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid
    Basel 1-2 Chelsea
    Facebook

Dutch Eredivisie - Vitesse v Willem - Vitesse To Win & Over 2.5 Goals - 1.55 (William Hill)
    German Bundesliga - Bayer Leverkusen v Werder Bremen - Over 2.5 Goals - 1.47 (BetVictor)

Austria Football - Kapfenburg, KSV1919 V Polten : these teams are a bit goal crazy Both are 4/5 over 3.5 goals and 1919 are 4/5 over 2.5 @ home and Polten are 4/5 over 2.5 away, odds are poor @ 4/7 but may be good for a stocking filler also 6/4 for over 3.5 - My main bet is 1919 to win @ 10/11, there in great form winning last 4/5 drawing the other whereas Polten have been very poor in the second half of their league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Avfctom

Leicster win
    Lille win
    Double 2/1 £50

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Rabat Ajax (vs Melita)@ 1.28 looks a cert...

the odds on Rabat have dropped from 2.50 to 1.28! Here's a preview of this game if anyone's interested : http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130426/football/Rabat-look-to-edge-closer-to-safety.467130

Wigan v Tottenham
    Saturday, 27th April, 15:00

I have researched this match for a BETTING LOG I am running on FACEBOOK so will share my take on this match.

This is without a doubt the most important fixture in the Premier League this weekend with relegation and champions league places in the mix. Wigan won the last meeting in November thanks to a single goal from Ben Watson, who misses out on this match with a broken leg, however the scoreline did not reflect that match as Tottenham had 10 shots on target to Wigans 4. Another factor was that it was Tottenhams 4th away match in a row including a trip to Slovenia so fatigue/jet lag would play a part.

Wigan are going in to this match with a healthy squad bar Alcaraz, and Tottenham have their strongest squad available in the previous few months with only Gallas, Kaboul, Sandro on the treatment table.

Andre Villas-Boas confirmed that Aaron Lennon is in contention to play, but may have to make do with a place on the substitutes' bench, with Clint Dempsey continuing on the right.

Wigan will be looking to take advantage of playing at home after playing 3 consecutive away matches and will have to go for the win in this match to avoid relegation while Tottenham are perfectly suited to play counter attacking football and will have to gain maximum points before the crucial trip to Chelsea on the 8th May.

Gareth Bale is 6 goals behind Van Persie and will want to push on for the golden boot in his final five matches of the season.

Some match stats:

-Wigan have won three and lost seven of their past 15 meetings with Tottenham.
    -Tottenham have only lost one of their previous seven trips to Wigan (W3, D3, L1).
    -Roberto Martinez's side have the division's worst record against top-half opposition this season, with 13 defeats and just two wins in 16 matches.
    -Tottenham have led in 13 away games this season, the second best in the league.
    -Tottenham have conceded in their last eight league matches - their longest run without a clean sheet since a 17-match streak in 2010.
    -Wigan have the highest percentage of second-half goals (68%) in the division.
    -Wigan have exactly the same number of points as they did after 33 games last season – they won four of their final five matches in 2011-12.
    -Jermain Defoe has scored 10 goals in 12 Premier League appearances against Wigan.
    -Tottenham have averaged 3 match goals in the league this season (66% over 2.5 goals).
    -Wigan have averaged 2.94 match goals in the league this season (66% over 2.5 goals).

Wigan Squad: Robles, Al Habsi, Boyce, Stam, Scharner, Golobart, Caldwell, Figeuroa, Beausejour, Gomez, McCarthy, Espinoza, McArthur, Maloney, McManaman, Kone, Di Santo, Henriquez.

Tottenham Squad: Lloris, Friedel, Archer, Walker, Naughton, Dawson, Caulker, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto, Holtby, Livermore, Dembele, Carroll, Parker, Ceballos, Huddlestone, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Dempsey, Bale, Adebayor, Defoe, Coulthirst.

Out of 64 matches analysed this weekend this match has the 3rd highest probability of Both Teams To Score however due to Tottenhams form if you are going to have a bet on this match OVER 2.5 GOALS @ 1.8 (BetVictor) offers the best value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shamrock Rovers, Dundalk double chance and over 1.5 in Leicester/Watford @ 2.18

Radonman wrote: »
    Austria Football - Kapfenburg, KSV1919 V Polten : these teams are a bit goal crazy Both are 4/5 over 3.5 goals and 1919 are 4/5 over 2.5 @ home and Polten are 4/5 over 2.5 away, odds are poor @ 4/7 but may be good for a stocking filler also 6/4 for over 3.5 - My main bet is 1919 to win @ 10/11, there in great form winning last 4/5 drawing the other whereas Polten have been very poor in the second half of their league

Feck that 1-1 after 36 mins and no more - that hurt :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

so much at stake with some of the prem games that im not
    sure what way to go

on athletico firstly at 7/4 with so much at stake in the champs
    league you would think real would field a weakened team and atheticos
    home form of 14w 1d 1l out of 16 games speaks for itself with only
    8 goals conceded in those home games
    on this since thurs when headshot mentioned it after the cl game
    they shouldnt be that big of a price
    the sensible thing might have been to wait for the line ups :)

sunder dnb at 5/4
    confidence will be high after two wins and another
    win will ensure their safety
    villa will be desperate not to lose this and at best
    i think a draw is what they might get
    sunderland shouldn't be 12/5 either for the win

finally, a bit of value on this imo
    not willing to lump on spurs with so much at stake for wigan and
    wigan have beaten spurs already at white hart lane
    on recent form though it just has to be a spurs win and obviously
    bale anytime looks good as usual
    spurs have kept 1 clean sheet in their last 11
    wigan have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 13
    for that reason ive gone for this (pp, all other markets tab)

Premier League Matches Wigan Athletic v Tottenham
    27-04-2013 15:00
    Win-Draw-Win & Both Teams to Score
    Tottenham @ 11/4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Rabat Ajax (vs Melita)@ 1.28 looks a cert...

the odds on Rabat have dropped from 2.50 to 1.28! Here's a preview of this game if anyone's interested : http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20130426/football/Rabat-look-to-edge-closer-to-safety.467130

Rabat won 4-1 :)

looking forward to betting on the Maltese league again tomorrow :D

There's a HUGE game tomorrow in Malta, will do a short write up tomorrow when the odds are published, it should be the bet of the week imo, really can't see that game being fixed given that it's almost a title decider

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭daviddunne1992

Leicester v Watford..
    over 3.0 goal line @ 2.150
    6 of the last 7 in the head to head have had at least 3 goals.. the other was 2-0..
    Leicester are in with a chance of making the play offs to and are just one point behind Bolton so it's a big game..
    void :rolleyes: could be worse though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spurs seem a huge price tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭Fitzcal

Man city over 0.5 team cards @1/2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

€5
    Tottenham
    Barcelona
    Borussia Dortmund
    Double Chance Norwich
    DNB Levante

Hopefully Luck at last :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭francie81

Lads my 20e accum gone at the first hurdle thanks to Shamrock Rvs so looking for good tips for today I see alot are onto Spurs which is understanable, but what about Atletico being the best price of the weekend to beat a Real side who have surely the blues from midweek?

So gone for over 11 corners in the spurs game. I feel its a must win for both teams which should result in a open game I hope @ 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've been reeled in by the prices on Spurs and Stoke.

Stoke very risky I know but at 13/10 at home to a Norwich team who haven't won away in the league since the beginning of December and Stoke needing a win to seal survival I've gone in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Paully D wrote: »
    I've been reeled in by the prices on Spurs and Stoke.

Stoke very risky I know but at 13/10 at home to a Norwich team who haven't won away in the league since the beginning of December and Stoke needing a win to seal survival I've gone in on them.

Pains me to say it but i'm gonna back Stoke too....swore about 2 months ago on here never to back them again, but confidence is high after last weeks win and Norwich are fairly pathetic away from home....13/10 just too good to turn down.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭tip74

Injuries and suspensions:
    Blackburn Rovers v Crystal Palace
    Blackburn Rovers: Kazim-Richards (28/3 f), Dunn (15/1 m), Markus Olsson (23/1 m), Lowe (36/0 m), Givet (16/0 d), Martin Olsson (29/0 d), Bentley (5/0 m) (all doubtful), Best (6/0 f), Kean (18/0 g), Robinson (21/0 g), Henley (15/0 d), Etuhu (20/1 m), Campbell (7/0 f)
    Crystal Palace: Parr (37/0 m), McCarthy (0/ d0), Garvan (24/4 m) (doubtful)
    pick 2

Millwall FC v Nottingham F.
    Millwall FC: St Ledger (3/0 d), Trotter (34/6 m) (both doubtful), ****tu (37/0 d), Lowry (37/1 d), C. Taylor (22/3 m)
    Nottingham F: Reyes (17/0 d), Hutchinson (9/1 d), Henderson (10/2 f)
    pick X2

Crewe Alexandra v Walsall FC
    Crewe will field an entirely new starting eleven. Boss Davis will give a chance to their young prospects.
    pick 2

Rotherham v Aldershot Town
    Rotherham: Nardiello (35/18 f, top scorer) (doubtful)
    Aldershot Town: Brown (34/3 d), Hylton (27/4 f) (both doubtful), Morris (37/0 d)
    pick 1

Southend Utd v Morecambe FC
    Southend Utd: Timlin (25/0 d), Harris (7/0 f), Reeves (4/0 d) (doubtful)
    Morecambe FC: Parrish (24/1 d), Haining (35/0 d) (both doubtful), Ellison (40/11 m), McCready (40/2 d), Doyle (4/0 d)
    pick 1

Bayer Leverkusen v Werder Bremen
    Bayer Leverkusen: Bellarabi (8/0 m)
    Werder Bremen: Wolf (0/0 g), Hartherz (0/0 d), de Bruyne (30/6 m), Ekici (9/2 m), Trybull (4/0 m), Arnautovic (26/5 f), Elia (24/0 m), Füllkrug (12/1 f)
    pick 1

Cagliari Calcio v Udinese Calcio
    Cagliari Calcio: Pisano (28/1 d), Eriksson (4/0 m) (doubtful), Cossu (22/0 m), Dessena (27/2 m), Ekdal (28/1 m)
    Udinese Calcio: -
    pick 2

Peterhead FC v Clyde FC
    Peterhead FC: Bavidge (29/5 f), MacDonald (6/0 d), Ross (25/1 d)
    Clyde FC: Fordyce (6/0 d) (left the club), Sloss (0/0 m), Oliver (13/0 f), Marsh (14/1 d), Brown (16/0 d), Graham (8/1 f), McColm (28/4 f), Nicol (10/0 d)
    pick 1

Southampton v West Bromwich
    Southampton: Ward-Prowse (13/0 m)
    West Bromwich: Jones (22/1 d) (doubtful), Brunt (29/2 m), Gera (16/4 m), Thorne (5/0 m), Mulumbu (24/1 m)
    pick 1

NAC Breda v AFC Ajax
    NAC Breda: Verbeek (25/4 f), Seuntjens (20/1 f), Schalk (20/3 f), Hadouir (21/1 f), Janse (23/0 d)
    AFC Ajax: van Rhijn (29/0 d), van der Hart (0/0 g), Klaassen (2/0 m)
    pick 2

Piast Gliwice v Legia Warszawa
    Piast Gliwice: Świerczok (1/0 f), Cuerda (9/1 d), Adu Kwame (0/0 d), Jurado (22/5 f), Sikora (8/1 f), Kędziora (15/5 f), Zbozień (21/2 d), Krzycki (9/0 d), Lisowski (1/0 d)
    Legia Warszawa: Choto (2/0 d) (doubtful), Żyro (8/2 m), Efir (0/0 f), Rzeźniczak (10/1 d), Kopczyński (1/0 m), Kosecki (21/8 f)
    pick 2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Gone with Spurs and Everton double.

Spurs form should see them through and Everton have a good record against Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Paully D wrote: »
    Spurs seem a huge price tomorrow.
    Was going to post it myself. In home matches against the top 8 this season wigan have lost 6 of 7 games.

I hate backing in matches with wigan, but 2.2 for spurs is too good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

My first post on this forum after reading a lot over the last while.

Its a guaranteed winner in my eyes, hope someone else can have a look and let me know what they think.

BTTS in the Leverkusen - Bremen game in the Bundesliga. Leverkusen have scored in every home game this season, Bremen have scored in every away game. Its priced at 8/15 with Paddy Powers, the very definition of free money i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

BTTS and an Everton win - 9/4
    BTTS and a Spurs win - 11/4

Two great bets imo. Gonna place singles and both of them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement