Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS Extension

Options
  • 16-12-2020 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

Anyone getting texts to extend GLAS?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Yes, got one 20mins ago. Text DAFM Y to extend your contract or DAFM N to opt out. We have 3 days to let them know.
    Edit - link to the new T&C's. I haven't read through it yet.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/service/9133a5-green-low-carbon-agri-environment-scheme-glas/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/green-low-carbon-agri-environment-scheme-glas/#extension-of-glas-1-2-contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Base price wrote: »
    Yes, got one 20mins ago. Text DAFM Y to extend your contract or DAFM N to opt out. We have 3 days to let them know.
    Edit - link to the new T&C's. I haven't read through it yet.
    https://www.gov.ie/en/service/9133a5-green-low-carbon-agri-environment-scheme-glas/?referrer=http://www.gov.ie/green-low-carbon-agri-environment-scheme-glas/#extension-of-glas-1-2-contracts

My eyes glazed over looking at that. Is it continuation of same as previous rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Why only 3 days?.....why not the Jan first?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭tanko

I says wrote: »
    My eyes glazed over looking at that. Is it continuation of same as previous rules?

It seems to be, the dept won't allow any amendments to your plan.
    The only difference i see is that if you are losing rented/leased land that was in Glas, your planner can apply for a derogation for you to continue in Glas for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Dunedin

lanod2407 wrote: »
    Anyone getting texts to extend GLAS?

Got text today but planner had been in touch already.

Signed up for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Micey.ie

Dunedin wrote: »
    Got text today but planner had been in touch already.

Signed up for another year.

Got text today also,it was supposed to be on Agfood too but don’t see anything

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭Base price

We received a letter from DAFM today with all the details but I haven't had a change to read it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Strange one-I got the text, replied yes. Logged into agfood to extend bdgp and it said confirmed by text today. No sign of glas on my page?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

For anyone who's read above yet, what's the period of extension going to be?will any penalties going forward cover all the previous 5 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Aravo

Micey.ie wrote: »
    Got text today also,it was supposed to be on Agfood too but don’t see anything

Same as that. Nothing on agfood. Typical of the dept.

• Advertisement

ruwithme wrote: »
    For anyone who's read above yet, what's the period of extension going to be?will any penalties going forward cover all the previous 5 years?

The period of extension is one year to the end of next year.
    I don't know about the penalties, will be talking to my planner in the morning hopefully, might find out then.

Glas planners seem to be extending the Glas plans for farmers so maybe the option to extend on Agfood dissappears if the planner does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The other thing allowed to change is the WBC, that can be moved. Happened to be talking to my Planner on another matter.
    This is good as it was wrong to keep it 5 years on the one piece of land. Another bit of a field that needs improving would suit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Water John wrote: »
    The other thing allowed to change is the WBC, that can be moved. Happened to be talking to my Planner on another matter.
    This is good as it was wrong to keep it 5 years on the one piece of land. Another bit of a field that needs improving would suit fine.

I think the WBC can only be moved on Health and Safety grounds from what I seen, could be mistaken though.
    I don't know what constitutes a H&S reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Dunedin

TPF2012 wrote: »
    I think the WBC can only be moved on Health and Safety grounds from what I seen, could be mistaken though.
    I don't know what constitutes a H&S reason.

Correct, health and safety grounds only. I understand that to be where it was sowed too close to house/yard and vermin (rats) is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭1wizards sleeve

Do you get a reply to say application/text received

• Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I didn’t anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21,144 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Thinking of pulling out of Glas even though I texted Y. Looks according to the IFJ that they can penalise you and include previous years, even though the Minister said two weeks ago that it wouldn't be that way.
    Also by being in Glas you're excluded from applying to the Pilot REPS.

Water John wrote: »
    Thinking of pulling out of Glas even though I texted Y. Looks according to the IFJ that they can penalise you and include previous years, even though the Minister said two weeks ago that it wouldn't be that way.
    Also by being in Glas you're excluded from applying to the Pilot REPS.

If you turn down the Glas extension i don't think you'll be allowed into the pilot REPS scheme and it's a possibility that the current Glas scheme might be rolled over again next year to include 2022 with the new REPS scheme starting in 2023.
    So you could be two years without a scheme.

This is all guesswork on my part. I think you have until you apply for the ANC next year to pull out of GLAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

Rang my advisor about this. He claimed anyone in GLAS will not get into the REPS pilot scheme, so his advise was to stay in it. You can transfer to REPS in 2022 when it's ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭endainoz

Rang my advisor about this. He claimed anyone in GLAS will not get into the REPS pilot scheme, so his advise was to stay in it. You can transfer to REPS in 2022 when it's ready.

I think that would be the safer option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Got the letter, no txt and not showing up on agfood.
    Advisor gave one warning and that was if lipp had heather in it they could penalise for all the years. No idea why heather would be a bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭kincaid

I got one too,

Was the extension introduced so they can do more inspections next year since they couldn't this year with covid,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

3 days to reply by text,or the 28th or the 31st of the month i think if doing it on ag food.

I like your thinking on why a extension.

endainoz wrote: »
    I think that would be the safer option.

Better the divil you know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Is it only people in GLAS 1 that are getting extension text messages?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Is it only people in GLAS 1 that are getting extension text messages?

Wasn't GLAS 2 to finish on the same date, if that's the case I'd imagine G2 participants would get it too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭minerleague

Wasn't GLAS 2 to finish on the same date, if that's the case I'd imagine G2 participants would get it too?

Yes, replied Y, not sure now, the first offering on new schemes can often be best.
    they changed not going back full 5 years on penalties for glas.

they changed not going back full 5 years on penalties for glas.

It's a poor reflection on politics and on an individual minister when the line minister gives a clear commitment at an AGM that this won't happen then his dept does a U turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭zetor 4911

No reply sent back. Some of the sent text messages were not received by Department so not registered as applying for the extension. Know of 2 cases where this happened so be careful with the text message route as it is turning into a mess. Best thing to do is contact your advisor he/she may be able to check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Under what section on Agfood do you check to see if Dept received text response to extend Glas participation for the year?

Thanks.

Advertisement