Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS Extension

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zetor 4911

Under what section on Agfood do you check to see if Dept received text response to extend Glas participation for the year?

Maybe contact advisor dont think there is a section on agfood

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

Got original text and replied Yes.
    Got another today and replied again. Got no acknowledgement either time.
    Logged into agfood but couldn't find a link there to extend.

Any help or pointers appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,229 ✭✭✭tanko

lanod2407 wrote: »

Ring your planner in the morning, they should be able to check for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

People should be careful with their reply. The correct reply is DAFM Y, not just Y. I know a couple of lads that nearly got caught out

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zetor 4911

lanod2407 wrote: »

You don't reply YES the correct reply is DAFM Y

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Maybe my phones just old,i got a message delivered report after text was sent.

So is it open for them to claw back from the previous 5 years for any penalties maybe suffered in this next 12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

People should be careful with their reply. The correct reply is DAFM Y, not just Y. I know a couple of lads that nearly got caught out

I replied correctly and got a second text yesterday the same as the first.
    Surely in this day and age the Dept should have replied confirming your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,177 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Remember, DAMN Y has a whole different meaning.

Where are the IFA when all this is going on......heads buried in the sand as usual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Where are the IFA when all this is going on......heads buried in the sand as usual!

When what's going on?

Ah those people if Glas are under utilising their land and are not real farmers.

Water John wrote: »
    Ah those people if Glas are under utilising their land and are not real farmers.

Agree, the dept has us all bending over with cap in hand.....

I bet there isn't a 4wd tractor between them, hobby farmers!

Don't you be casting asperstions on my 7610!

Probably driving antiques from the eighties.....

Again wrong, it's 1990 model.

A new yoke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

This thread is only full of fancy feckers with nearly new tractors, like, ones with the new number plate format...
    If ye can’t manage with a 135 ye’re doing it wrong...
    ;):):)

You didn't answer my question. When what's going on. How are IFAs heads buried in sand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Well mike as ever with the Department of ag, we've got 3 days from receipt of a text message to reply "y or n". granted a bit longer to do it online. Although anyone on here who's looked,can't seem to find the link box??

What was issued in a letter last wednesday says alot,while not saying anything at the same time.

After 5 years of a commitment in a environmental scheme i personally would like more than 3 days to a maximum of 15 to consider rejoining it for a year.

Especially so when my 2020 glas payment has been withheld after a satellite inspection. I received no correspondence from the Department on this as to whether or not there is a issue needing resolving at my end.

Thats only the tip of a iceberg for farmers across the country. i don't know if you or bendy are in the ifa,but i am, so i don't mind telling you i agree with bendy on the ifa and head in the sand.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Justjens

There is a link to GLAS on the Dept login page, select 'scheme to enter', you'll then have three options (GLAS, 2 and 3). I'm in one so I clicked GLAS, then click box 'Glas 1 proposal', then click 'extend application', if yo have already done so it will show up as SMS response Y and the date you did it.

ruwithme wrote: »
    Well mike as ever with the Department of ag, we've got 3 days from receipt of a text message to reply "y or n". granted a bit longer to do it online. Although anyone on here who's looked,can't seem to find the link box??

What was issued in a letter last wednesday says alot,while not saying anything at the same time.

After 5 years of a commitment in a environmental scheme i personally would like more than 3 days to a maximum of 15 to consider rejoining it for a year.

Especially so when my 2020 glas payment has been withheld after a satellite inspection. I received no correspondence from the Department on this as to whether or not there is a issue needing resolving at my end.

Thats only the tip of a iceberg for farmers across the country. i don't know if you or bendy are in the ifa,but i am, so i don't mind telling you i agree with bendy on the ifa and head in the sand.

Over 90% have replied to text, so most people have no problem. Yes am an IFA member, but not very active.

MIKEKC wrote: »
    You didn't answer my question. When what's going on. How are IFAs heads buried in sand?

Maybe, just for starters they could have negotiated a better payment for the extra year.......Are civil servants on the same pay they were six yrs ago?

Lucky to get any payment I would think. Civil servants are certainly not on same money as six years ago. Getting another rise next year with no inflation. How this can be justified I don't know. In fairness Glas is money for jam as the saying goes. I haven't heard of any inspections. Very few people that were suppose to have sheep have them .Dept could easily check this from sheep census and a few visits to commonage. No need to meet farmers . No problem with social distancing on a mountain. Compare this to the BEAM Scheme where every applicant is being checked and money will have to be repaid if 5% reduction in organic fertilizer isn't achieved

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭Grueller

MIKEKC wrote: »
    Lucky to get any payment I would think. Civil servants are certainly not on same money as six years ago. Getting another rise next year with no inflation. How this can be justified I don't know. In fairness Glas is money for jam as the saying goes. I haven't heard of any inspections. Very few people that were suppose to have sheep have them .Dept could easily check this from sheep census and a few visits to commonage. No need to meet farmers . No problem with social distancing on a mountain. Compare this to the BEAM Scheme where every applicant is being checked and money will have to be repaid if 5% reduction in organic fertilizer isn't achieved

A guy I rent a shed from had a glas inspection.
    A first cousin had a glas inspection.
    I had 2 inspections for glas this year alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Grueller wrote: »
    A guy I rent a shed from had a glas inspection.
    A first cousin had a glas inspection.
    I had 2 inspections for glas this year alone.

I'd one. Another poster here had one

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭PoorFarmer

Jb1989 wrote: »
    I'd one. Another poster here had one

Had one too. Sticky enough about stuff too

Neighbour here had one last year and this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭minerleague

PoorFarmer wrote: »
    Had one too. Sticky enough about stuff too

Same as that, plenty soft talk but penalised whe report came back. After glas and reps do we think farmed environment is better or worse now than 20 years ago (outside of other pollution sources) For myself I think a large no of farmers want easy money without doing too much and countryside is worse off now. Hedgerows
    being the main wildlife habitat here are much worse now than ever from what I see.

Same as that, plenty soft talk but penalised whe report came back. After glas and reps do we think farmed environment is better or worse now than 20 years ago (outside of other pollution sources) For myself I think a large no of farmers want easy money without doing too much and countryside is worse off now. Hedgerows
    being the main wildlife habitat here are much worse now than ever from what I see.

Hard blame them, trapped in a rigged system, income to put food on their own table has to come from somewhere.