Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jungs Typology Test

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ENFP - The Champion \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I got INTJ the last time on that, then INTP, I'm a cross between INTJ and INTP. My opinion is that the theory hits upon certain cognitive functions like introversion/extroversion, intuition/sensing, that have yet to be fully understood.

I think there should be a introvert intuitives rights movement, we're more discriminated against than anyone else considering the fact we're in a relative minority, supposedly 1-3% of the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I think there should be a introvert intuitives rights movement, we're more discriminated against than anyone else considering the fact we're in a relative minority, supposedly 1-3% of the population.

I understand how one could have the opinion that introverts are discriminated against but why do you think inituitives, and more specifically, introverted intuitives are discriminated against?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

I understand how one could have the opinion that introverts are discriminated against but why do you think inituitives, and more specifically, introverted intuitives are discriminated against?

To be fair, the world is very Sensor orientated. The place seems to be dominated by SJs (cause, well, they're the ones who generally get **** done), and the ideal person is usually an ESFP (for a girl) or ESTJ(or ESTP) for a dude. Ns have a lot to bring to the table, but can often be over-looked by people who don't believe they're doing it "the right way".

I wouldn't go as far as to say we need an INxx rights movement, but the world could be a wee bit more open and understanding to N types :P

[/bias]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

The intp in me would say that there are other, so very much more satisfying ways of getting what you want other than standing up and trying to shout and be heard above the crowd.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i got INTJ and apparently i'm a mastermind..

i read the detailed description and that is... not me in the slightest

not even a tiny bit

i got INTJ and apparently i'm a mastermind..

i read the detailed description and that is... not me in the slightest

not even a tiny bit
    yeah, the authors admit themselves it can't be 100% accurate. It's designed to be self diagnostic, the trst cqn help point you in the right direction buut if you think you're something else then you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Well I meant it mostly in jest, but as flourescence points out it would appear that introvert intuitives are outnumbered by extrovert sensors and introvert sensors. I actually don't mind extroverts at all, they can be a refreshing burst of energy in a dull situation, but I clash with sensors. As for getting things done, INTJ and ENTJs excel in this regard apparently, if the theory is to be believed. Also I would argue that we owe our modern world to the INTJs and INTPs, one could say that the internet, space flight, airplanes, trains, cars, skyscrapers, videogames, film technology, tv, power stations, ships, submarines, jetfighters, modern medecine, computers, I-Pods, cd players etc are mostly the work of INTPs/INTJs given that it would appear that most scientists/engineers and computer scientists fit this type. Thats besides some of the greatest works of fiction, art and music ever which are the work of introvert intuitives, though not exclusively of the two types just mentioned.

But I do think that certain cultures/people are less tolerant of introvert intuitives, commonly labelled as nerds, loners, outcasts, freaks, geeks, anti establishment rebels etc, like in the US, whereas in say Japan for example or some Scandanavian countries it not such a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Several replies in one day in Expand Your Horizions! :eek: :D
    To be fair, the world is very Sensor orientated. The place seems to be dominated by SJs (cause, well, they're the ones who generally get **** done), and the ideal person is usually an ESFP (for a girl) or ESTJ(or ESTP) for a dude. Ns have a lot to bring to the table, but can often be over-looked by people who don't believe they're doing it "the right way".

I wouldn't go as far as to say we need an INxx rights movement, but the world could be a wee bit more open and understanding to N types :P

[/bias]

I never said I don't agree that the world is more sensor orientated, I was just curious as to others' opinions. I definitely have to agree that an ideal girl is often an ESFP. It's also what I think people expect a teenage girl to be like. I think you hit it on the nose that the ideal guy is a T.

Yeah, I doubt that an IN rights movement would ever happen though I agree the world could be a little more understanding.

Tbh, anybody posting in this thread is bound to be biased as they would probably know their type and favour that type. I'm certainly biased.
    Well I meant it mostly in jest, but as flourescence points out it would appear that introvert intuitives are outnumbered by extrovert sensors and introvert sensors. I actually don't mind extroverts at all, they can be a refreshing burst of energy in a dull situation, but I clash with sensors.

Yeah, INs are outumbered, but also INs tend to be less . . . dominant/loud imo so even if INs weren't outnumbered I think it would still seem as though they were. Extroverts I usually don't mind, I'm certainly glad for them sometimes in social situations. What annoys me though is when they seemingly can't understand how someone would actually like to spend some time alone. :eek: I tend to clash with ES' such as my sister and my aunt as they just grate on my nerves. I don't really mind IS'.
    As for getting things done, INTJ and ENTJs excel in this regard apparently, if the theory is to be believed. Also I would argue that we owe our modern world to the INTJs and INTPs, one could say that the internet, space flight, airplanes, trains . . .

I'd certainly like to believe that given I'm an INTJ. :pac: I basically agree with your whole post. :)
    Nevore wrote: »
    The intp in me would say that there are other, so very much more satisfying ways of getting what you want other than standing up and trying to shout and be heard above the crowd.;)
    Oh, I definitely agree!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

my type: INTJ

33 12 25 95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Decided to retake this out of boredom/procrastination. While I got INTJ again, the scores were quite different this time.

Previous: 44, 12, 38, 1
    New: 78, 50, 50, 33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Your Type is
    ENFP
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    33 12 38 33

Keirsey's description of ENFPs is very flattering: It seems to describe my personality quite well, but maybe I want it to ring true a bit more than it really does :pac:

I was given a Myers-Briggs test in college last week, and got the same result. It only occurred to me that I'd done it before just now. Interesting!

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I was given a Myers-Briggs test in college last week, and got the same result. It only occurred to me that I'd done it before just now. Interesting!

What course are you doing that they administered it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Nevore wrote: »
    What course are you doing that they administered it?

Psychology applied to medicine - the emphasis being on effective communication between different personality types.

Intersting. I've talked to a couple of psychologists, some on boards, and none of them seemed to rate MBtypology in a clinical setting. Maybe that wasn't indicative of the industry in Ireland as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

ESFJ
    Extravert(39%) Sensing(1%) Feeling(38%) Judging(11%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (39%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

INTJ.

Whether it's reliable or not, mine seems to be uncannily accurate.
    Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(1%) Judging(78%)

It mentions my perfectionism, my ability to tell someone what I do or don't know, my odd combination of imagination and reliability, my tendency to lose respect for authority figures who don't do their jobs, my lack of confidence in social situations and my little patience for small talk and flirting.

It's correct in terms of my career choice also. Engineering is one of the primary suggestions for what would suit me and I'm going to university to study engineering in a couple of weeks.

There seems to be a remarkably high percentage of introverts on this forum considering we are supposed to be in a minority. I suppose it says more about the type of people who go on boards than it reflects the number of introverts in the population. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Extravert(22%) iNtuitive(38%) iNtuitive Feeling(50%) Perceiving(11)%
    You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
    You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

ENTJ, same as the result I got with the crowd in work.

Pretty accurate as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

INTJ for me.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

I'll have to give this a go, just for fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Lenmeister

INTP
    Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(88%) Thinking(69%) Perceiving(22)%

You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
    You have strong preference of Intuition over Sensing (88%)
    You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (69%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Famous Personalities Sharing Your Type

Isaac Newton, a physicist, mathematician, astronomer
    Niels Bohr, a physicist, received the Nobel Prize in Physics
    Carl Gustav Jung, a psychiatrist, the founder of analytical psychology
    Michel de Montaigne, a thinker and an influential writer of the French Renaissance
    Michel Nostradamus, a seer who published famous prophecies

Woo I'm up there with Newton Bohr and Nostradamus, not too shabby at all if I do say so myself!
    Career - Natural Science, Information Systems, Computer Programming. Science ya but the others no thanks.
    Have to say I don't agree with much of what it says about the Personality Type, still a fascinating read though.
    Employment - IT - Business Analyst. 100% Compatability. Management - IT Manager, High Rank. 100% Compatability.

I wonder what the pay is for these sort of jobs... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Mine was ISFJ . This test did remind me of the Forer effect though -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect. The explanations of the results accentuate the positive aspects of each type .
    From what I have read it seems that the careers suggested are ones you would be comfortable with , not necessarily ones you have an aptitude for.

Advertisement