Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jungs Typology Test

Options
  • 29-12-2009 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Ive posted this before on boards, but I think it was in AH so there wasnt really any discussion...

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

The only personality test that has any credibility in my eyes. Lots of theory behind it, developed by Jung first and then taken further by a couple of people called Myers and Briggs.

Have a read on wikipedia after you do it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator

Once you do the test you wont actually understand the classifications unless you read about the 4 different axes so at least check that out. Also, when you finish the test and it gives you your results make sure you click on the thing that gives you a description of your type.
    (A few of them are rubbish, the one you want is "
    INFP type description by D.Keirsey" The one by Keirsey)
    Il post mine in a sec

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Joycey

Haha Ive sabotaged myself with my results...

Your Type is
    INFP
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    44 62 12 67

This is about the third time ive done the test and usually im INTP instead of INFP. Now I was aware of the questions I was answering differently during the test but the description of my type is COMPLETELY different to what it was before.

When I did it before I was shocked at the number of things that were in the description that I didnt see any possible way you could derive from the questions I was asked. Things like
    "For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed"
    "Architects show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. " (doesnt matter if its exactly right, the point is that I like to be/am precise with language)
    "It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error." (:pac:)
    "They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. "
    "And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many."

All those things seem to me to be impossible to surmise from the questions on the test but I would say all describe me perfectly. I read out my results to my mother and sister before and they thought I was making it up because it was so accurate.

The new result its given me though, it doesnt match me at all really. Im not a healer im an architect :p.
    "In fact, to understand Healers, we must understand that their deep commitment to the positive and the good is almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in"
    I wish that were true but unfortunately its not really, and that devotion to principles seems to be what its all about for a healer. Cant really say thats me

My type is: INTP

Introverted: 11%
    Intuitive: 62%
    Thinking: 88%
    Perceiving: 22%

From reading the description, this matches me pretty well. I'll read more about the test and comment properly once I've done so.

My type is: INTP

Introverted: 11%
    Intuitive: 62%
    Thinking: 88%
    Perceiving: 22%

From reading the description, this matches me pretty well. I'll read more about the test and comment properly once I've done so.

Yeah your the same as me (at heart at least) so. It took me a few readings of the wikipedia article to make sense of how it works, seems to be fairly well recognised by psychology though, its actually given to people by psychologists, and often by employers.

Its good to check out the opposite of whatever you get as well, like mine would be ESFJ. Without wanting to insult any ESFJs who may read this, they conform absolutely to all available rules, care to the point of that being the point of their existence what other people think of them etc, as well as being wonderful carers for people too of course. But still, im glad I am the way I am after reading their description :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I took this a while ago and ended up with INTJ which fits me very well. As suggested I'm off to read my opposite; ESFP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Your Type is
    ENFP
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    33 12 38 33

Keirsey's description of ENFPs is very flattering: It seems to describe my personality quite well, but maybe I want it to ring true a bit more than it really does :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I've done one of these before,and apparently I'm ENFP. I'll do this one and see what the result is. :)

Edit: Yup,ENFP.

This description seems pretty accurate but overly flattering. And the bit in italics isn't right at all; my friends and I regularly lose contact,despite my best efforts. :/ The rest of it is spot on though,I think overall it's a very accurate description of my personality. :)
    ENFPs are curious, enthusiastic, friendly, energetic and fun-loving people who seek meaning in what they do. They are unconventional, irrelevant and are seldom impressed by authority and rules. They believe nothing is impossible and enjoy dealing with possibilities and ideas. They don't like to focus their attention on any one thing, like schoolwork or chores. ENFPs usually have many friends and keep most of their friends for life. They are perceptive, insightful and empathetic. ENFPs can usually sense other's hidden motives, and can also convince people to do anything for them. ENFPs are procrastinators who have difficulty making most decisions and dislike working alone. Any decision an ENFP is able to make will most likely be based on their strong personal values. They are warm, caring concerned people, but also are very sensitive and take things personally.

ENFPs are deeply committed to their friends and will sacrifice their own needs for them. They are usually very cheerful, but withdrawn when hurt or overwhelmed. ENFPs love being around people, and will talk to and feel sympathy for most everyone. In their speech, ENFPs use many metaphors and humor and speak very quickly. They swear more than most of the other types and use many colorful, if irrelevant stories to emphasize their points. They are very eloquent and can convince anyone of anything. They also know just what words to use to motivate different people. ENFPs ask many questions, especially when they first meet a person. In dress, they usually have an original, arty style and dress only to please themselves.

They are very sensitive and sentimental, with unique insights which they generally only share with a few close friends. ENFPs are the most optimistic of all the types, and can see people's potential for caring and work to bring it out. They have great faith in their abilities to identify with people, and are often asked to help solve other's problems. This can be hard on an ENFP because their emotional state is often dependent on those of others around them. They are very generous with their time and advice and are willing to help anyone who asks. ENFPs tend to be a little naive, thinking that people should do things because they are right.

And the bit in italics isn't right at all; my friends and I regularly lose contact,despite my best efforts. :/

I think its the fact that you have given your best effort to it that its trying to highlight :p. I am absolutely sh1t at keeping in contact with people unless I see them regularly, dont know what it is. Can have the best intentions in the world but never seem to actually write the email

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

Good quiz and thanks for the link, according to it I am an INFP, normally when I have done it before I was an ENFP, the feeling is the highest percentage for me. I think I am becoming more introverted as I get older, hence the change.

I re-took the test, in order to get my percentages;

I N T J
    67 75 88 56

You are:
    • distinctively expressed introvert
    • distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    • very expressed thinking personality
    • moderately expressed judging personality
    Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)
    All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
    In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Your Type is
    INTP
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving
    67 25 50 44

About rightI guess.
    Rational Portrait of the Architect (INTP)Architects need not be thought of as only interested in drawing blueprints for buildings or roads or bridges. They are the master designers of all kinds of theoretical systems, including school curricula, corporate strategies, and new technologies. For Architects, the world exists primarily to be analyzed, understood, explained - and re-designed. External reality in itself is unimportant, little more than raw material to be organized into structural models. What is important for Architects is that they grasp fundamental principles and natural laws, and that their designs are elegant, that is, efficient and coherent.
    Architects are rare - maybe one percent of the population - and show the greatest precision in thought and speech of all the types. They tend to see distinctions and inconsistencies instantaneously, and can detect contradictions no matter when or where they were made. It is difficult for an Architect to listen to nonsense, even in a casual conversation, without pointing out the speaker's error. And in any serious discussion or debate Architects are devastating, their skill in framing arguments giving them an enormous advantage. Architects regard all discussions as a search for understanding, and believe their function is to eliminate inconsistencies, which can make communication with them an uncomfortable experience for many.
    Ruthless pragmatists about ideas, and insatiably curious, Architects are driven to find the most efficient means to their ends, and they will learn in any manner and degree they can. They will listen to amateurs if their ideas are useful, and will ignore the experts if theirs are not. Authority derived from office, credential, or celebrity does not impress them. Architects are interested only in what make sense, and thus only statements that are consistent and coherent carry any weight with them.
    Architects often seem difficult to know. They are inclined to be shy except with close friends, and their reserve is difficult to penetrate. Able to concentrate better than any other type, they prefer to work quietly at their computers or drafting tables, and often alone. Architects also become obsessed with analysis, and this can seem to shut others out. Once caught up in a thought process, Architects close off and persevere until they comprehend the issue in all its complexity. Architects prize intelligence, and with their grand desire to grasp the structure of the universe, they can seem arrogant and may show impatience with others who have less ability, or who are less driven.
    Albert Einstein as the iconic Rational is an Architect
    Dr. David Keirsey, Robert Rosen, George Soros, Gregory Peck, James Madison, Ludwig Boltzman, Charles Darwin, Adam Smith, and Thomas Jefferson" /> are examples of the Architect Rationals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Your Type is
    ISTJ
    Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
    22 25 1 33

Hmmm interesting. I obviously don't think a whole lot:)
    I recently did the Kolb Learning thing which was very (scarily) accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Anyone else notice that they tended to repeat questions paraphrased in a different way?

I'm an ENTJ anyway
    # very expressed extravert
    # moderately expressed intuitive personality
    # moderately expressed thinking personality
    # slightly expressed judging personality

Blisterman wrote: »
    Anyone else notice that they tended to repeat questions paraphrased in a different way?

Yes, it's to catch people out who are answering as they would like themselves to be as opposed to what they are etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I got ISTP suppose it does go for me myself and Clint Eastwood have the same and apparently I should be a mechanic.
    • I – Introversion preferred to Extraversion: ISTPs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).[5]
    • S – Sensing preferred to iNtuition: ISTPs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities .[6]
    • T – Thinking preferred to Feeling: ISTPs tend to rely on objective criteria rather than personal values. When making decisions, they generally give more weight to logic than to social considerations.[7]
    • P – Perception preferred to Judgment: ISTPs tend to withhold judgment and delay important decisions, preferring to "keep their options open" should circumstances change.[8]

• Registered Users Posts: 28,204 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I did the test twice, both times I came out as ENFJ, but the first time the scores were 11, 12, 12, 11 and the second time 11, 38, 25, 1. Both times I came out as a teacher ... which is interesting because that is what I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭rgt320q

Pretty sure I did one of these before, no idea what I scored though. Results this time are:

The Mastermind (:P)
    I - Introverted (44)
    N - Intuitive (12)
    T - Thinking (38)
    J - Judging (1)

# moderately expressed introvert
    # slightly expressed intuitive personality
    # moderately expressed thinking personality
    # slightly expressed judging personality

Not sure how honest I can be here, always a bit of subconscious bias, but I reckon, from the description, it's fairly accurate. It listed computer programmer as my most apt career possibility, which is good seeing as I'm already studying that. As almostnever said, the description does seem a bit overly flattering though. Still, it's an interesting exercise nonetheless, and being lumped in with the likes of Stephen Hawking, Sir Isaac Newton and Friederiche Nietzsche does add a nice little ego boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Your Type is
    INFP
    Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    67 25 12 11

I've gotten INFP virtually every time I've taken these types of tests and I do identify very much with the description it gives about this type, it had me down pretty well.

Interestingly, several of the career suggestions are multimedia / design related, which is the route I am currently pursuing in my own life right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Your Type is
    INTJ
    Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
    22 88 6 11

Mastermind

I'm just off to rob a bank now, see ye! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

Many thanks.
    I did the tests and even got the address of a web site for similar types, which has exactly the same architecture as boards.ie. Cool and definitely one to join.
    I owe you one !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Crazy Penguin

I'm ISFP
    I can't say I actually understand it or even where to find what I should be but this sounds like me to some degree :) Great idea thanks OP

Extraverted Feeling (Fe): Fe seeks social connections and creates harmonious interactions through polite, considerate, and appropriate behavior. Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others.[19]
    Introverted Sensing (Si): Si collects data in the present moment and compares it with past experiences, a process that sometimes evokes the feelings associated with memory, as if the subject were reliving it. Seeking to protect what is familiar, Si draws upon history to form goals and expectations about what will happen in the future.[20]
    Extraverted Intuition (Ne): Ne finds and interprets hidden meanings, using “what if” questions to explore alternatives, allowing multiple possibilities to coexist. This imaginative play weaves together insights and experiences from various sources to form a new whole, which can then become a catalyst to action.[21]
    Introverted Thinking (Ti): Ti seeks precision, such as the exact word to express an idea. It notices the minute distinctions that define the essence of things, then analyzes and classifies them. Ti examines all sides of an issue, looking to solve problems while minimizing effort and risk. It uses models to root out logical inconsistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

the following is me apparently...............

YOUR TYPE
    E N F P
    22 38 25 56

Idealist Portrait of the Champion (ENFP)

Like the other Idealists, Champions are rather rare, say two or three percent of the population, but even more than the others they consider intense emotional experiences as being vital to a full life. Champions have a wide range and variety of emotions, and a great passion for novelty. They see life as an exciting drama, pregnant with possibilities for both good and evil, and they want to experience all the meaningful events and fascinating people in the world. The most outgoing of the Idealists, Champions often can't wait to tell others of their extraordinary experiences. Champions can be tireless in talking with others, like fountains that bubble and splash, spilling over their own words to get it all out. And usually this is not simple storytelling; Champions often speak (or write) in the hope of revealing some truth about human experience, or of motivating others with their powerful convictions. Their strong drive to speak out on issues and events, along with their boundless enthusiasm and natural talent with language, makes them the most vivacious and inspiring of all the types.

Fiercely individualistic, Champions strive toward a kind of personal authenticity, and this intention always to be themselves is usually quite attractive to others. At the same time, Champions have outstanding intuitive powers and can tell what is going on inside of others, reading hidden emotions and giving special significance to words or actions. In fact, Champions are constantly scanning the social environment, and no intriguing character or silent motive is likely to escape their attention. Far more than the other Idealists, Champions are keen and probing observers of the people around them, and are capable of intense concentration on another individual. Their attention is rarely passive or casual. On the contrary, Champions tend to be extra sensitive and alert, always ready for emergencies, always on the lookout for what's possible.

Champions are good with people and usually have a wide range of personal relationships. They are warm and full of energy with their friends. They are likable and at ease with colleagues, and handle their employees or students with great skill. They are good in public and on the telephone, and are so spontaneous and dramatic that others love to be in their company. Champions are positive, exuberant people, and often their confidence in the goodness of life and of human nature makes good things happen.

Joan Baez, Phil Donahue, Paul Robeson, Bill Moyer, Elizibeth Cady Stanton, Joeseph Campbell, Edith Wharton, Sargent Shriver, Charles Dickens, and Upton Sinclair are examples of Idealist Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

ENFP
    78, 38, 12, 33

Teaching is my recommended job and guess what, it'll be first on my cao next year :D. Not because of that mind you :P. Accurate result I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Thanks for the link, can't say I really understand it much, but it was interesting none the less! I suppose it describes me ok - wouldn't agree with it all though.

INFJ

You are:
    • very expressed introvert (89%)
    • moderately expressed intuitive personality (50%)
    • moderately expressed feeling personality (25%)
    • moderately expressed judging personality(56%)

Counselors have an exceptionally strong desire to contribute to the welfare of others, and find great personal fulfillment interacting with people, nurturing their personal development, guiding them to realize their human potential. Although they are happy working at jobs (such as writing) that require solitude and close attention, Counselors do quite well with individuals or groups of people, provided that the personal interactions are not superficial, and that they find some quiet, private time every now and then to recharge their batteries. Counselors are both kind and positive in their handling of others; they are great listeners and seem naturally interested in helping people with their personal problems. Not usually visible leaders, Counselors prefer to work intensely with those close to them, especially on a one-to-one basis, quietly exerting their influence behind the scenes.

Counselors are scarce, little more than one percent of the population, and can be hard to get to know, since they tend not to share their innermost thoughts or their powerful emotional reactions except with their loved ones. They are highly private people, with an unusually rich, complicated inner life. Friends or colleagues who have known them for years may find sides emerging which come as a surprise. Not that Counselors are flighty or scattered; they value their integrity a great deal, but they have mysterious, intricately woven personalities which sometimes puzzle even them.

Counselors tend to work effectively in organizations. They value staff harmony and make every effort to help an organization run smoothly and pleasantly. They understand and use human systems creatively, and are good at consulting and cooperating with others. As employees or employers, Counselors are concerned with people's feelings and are able to act as a barometer of the feelings within the organization.

Blessed with vivid imaginations, Counselors are often seen as the most poetical of all the types, and in fact they use a lot of poetic imagery in their everyday language. Their great talent for language-both written and spoken-is usually directed toward communicating with people in a personalized way. Counselors are highly intuitive and can recognize another's emotions or intentions - good or evil - even before that person is aware of them. Counselors themselves can seldom tell how they came to read others' feelings so keenly. This extreme sensitivity to others could very well be the basis of the Counselor's remarkable ability to experience a whole array of psychic phenomena.

Mohandas Gandhi, Sidney Poitier, Eleanor Roosevelt, Jane Goodall, Emily Bronte, Sir Alec Guiness, Carl Jung, Mary Baker Eddy, Queen Noor are examples of the Counselor Idealist (INFJ).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I've taken this test before afew times, don't remember my exact percentages, but INTJ.
    Rational Portrait of the Mastermind (INTJ)
    All Rationals are good at planning operations, but Masterminds are head and shoulders above all the rest in contingency planning. Complex operations involve many steps or stages, one following another in a necessary progression, and Masterminds are naturally able to grasp how each one leads to the next, and to prepare alternatives for difficulties that are likely to arise any step of the way. Trying to anticipate every contingency, Masterminds never set off on their current project without a Plan A firmly in mind, but they are always prepared to switch to Plan B or C or D if need be.

Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory. Although they are highly capable leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once they take charge, however, they are thoroughgoing pragmatists. Masterminds are certain that efficiency is indispensable in a well-run organization, and if they encounter inefficiency-any waste of human and material resources-they are quick to realign operations and reassign personnel. Masterminds do not feel bound by established rules and procedures, and traditional authority does not impress them, nor do slogans or catchwords. Only ideas that make sense to them are adopted; those that don't, aren't, no matter who thought of them. Remember, their aim is always maximum efficiency.
    In their careers, Masterminds usually rise to positions of responsibility, for they work long and hard and are dedicated in their pursuit of goals, sparing neither their own time and effort nor that of their colleagues and employees. Problem-solving is highly stimulating to Masterminds, who love responding to tangled systems that require careful sorting out. Ordinarily, they verbalize the positive and avoid comments of a negative nature; they are more interested in moving an organization forward than dwelling on mistakes of the past.

Masterminds tend to be much more definite and self-confident than other Rationals, having usually developed a very strong will. Decisions come easily to them; in fact, they can hardly rest until they have things settled and decided. But before they decide anything, they must do the research. Masterminds are highly theoretical, but they insist on looking at all available data before they embrace an idea, and they are suspicious of any statement that is based on shoddy research, or that is not checked against reality.

Alan Greenspan, Ben Bernanke, Dwight D. Eisenhower, General Ulysses S. Grant, Frideriche Nietsche, Niels Bohr, Peter the Great, Stephen Hawking, John Maynard Keynes, Lise Meitner, Ayn Rand and Sir Isaac Newton are examples of Rational Masterminds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Reincarbonated

I S T P

You are:

* moderately expressed introvert (56)
    * moderately expressed sensing personality (25)
    * slightly expressed thinking personality (12)
    * moderately expressed perceiving personality (44)

I got this before actually!
    hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate, loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermitic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

I suppose I am some of that... But a positive quality wouldn't have gone astray...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Your Type is
    ISTP
    Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
    100 50 88 22

ISTP type description by D.Keirsey
    ISTP Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ISTP Famous Personalities
    ISTP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* very expressed introvert
    * moderately expressed sensing personality
    * very expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed perceiving personality

Great...I sound like a freak. Maybe I am.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I've taken this test a few times over the years, and each time I'm an INTJ. However, my strength of preferences is always "slightly expressed" in the same 3 categories. I guess I'm consistent with my answers! :)

Introverted - 22
    Intuitive - 75
    Thinking - 12
    Judging - 11

You are:

* slightly expressed introvert
    * distinctively expressed intuitive personality
    * slightly expressed thinking personality
    * slightly expressed judging personality

The description is fairly accurate, but the careers are completely off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I got ENTP

Extroverted 11
    Intuitive 38
    Thinking 62
    Perceiving 11

The Inventor according to Keirsey

Its a pretty accurate description of me actually, quite surprising!
    Usually the most out-going of all the Rationals is the Inventor (ENTP). That's because they love bouncing their ideas off other people and seeing their reactions. It is not unusual to find this type in any job that requires new ideas and people contact. You might find them in politics, in real estate development, in advertising, in marketing, or in public relations. They could be a venture capitalist, a management consult, or a sports agent. As long as they have the opportunity to invent a new product or a new experience, they will shine. Says Donna, "We'd never tried landing on Mars using air bags and bouncing, but we did it. We took the risk, then checked out everything we could to limit the risk and we succeeded."

I work in Marketing, as a graphic designer....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

I've taken this test online a few times and I've come out as INTJ each time.

Introverted 78
    Intuitive 75
    Thinking 88
    Judging 44

Advertisement