Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

20210223-122746.jpg

Nice to see a President wearing a tailored suit and looking sharp, unlike the previous mess.

I would be more interested in the actual running of the country than if their suit is tailored or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I would be more interested in the actual running of the country than if their suit is tailored or not.

Fortunately, he has substance as well as style. The former guy had neither.

Fortunately, he has substance as well as style. The former guy had neither.

Definitely more substance, not sure I see the relavence of style. Strange priorities given the challenges America faces.

Definitely more substance, not sure I see the relavence of style. Strange priorities given the challenges America faces.

Didn't say it was a priority but I would say it's desirable to look the part when you're representing a country on the world stage. Whether we like it or not, image plays a part in how a person is perceived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,526 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

20210223-122746.jpg

Nice to see a President wearing a tailored suit and looking sharp, unlike the previous mess.

always thought it weird that someone who claimed to be a billionaire wore such cheap suits

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Presumably the best plan for Biden in terms of politics would be to pump money and influence into Mexican and other central American border controls. If migrants don't get to Mexico they don't get to the US border and criticism of Mexican border securities actions wouldn't have the same impact.

it will be fun though seeing the media spin kids in boxes being better than kids in cages :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

silverharp wrote: »
    it will be fun though seeing the media spin kids in boxes being better than kids in cages :pac:

They're not in "boxes" though are they, did you actually read the article you posted? It's run by the non profit Health and Human Services. Any suggestions on what to do with the 7,000 children that are in HHS custody thanks to the incompetency of the previous administration? Or is this another problem that Biden should solve in a day or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

To find humour in, children being separated from their parents is quite appalling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Water John wrote: »
    To find humour in, children being separated from their parents is quite appalling.

isnt the issue the risk in child trafficking by people not the kids parents? , I dont need any moral lectures with a media that is only interested in the politics of it

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

What was it, two weeks ago, that truno supporters were giving out about Biden reopening some of the places to hold these children that were closed under Trump?

Just another case of Biden doing too much and too little at the exact same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,526 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What was it, two weeks ago, that truno supporters were giving out about Biden reopening some of the places to hold these children that were closed under Trump?

Just another case of Biden doing too much and too little at the exact same time.

Schrodingers president.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

4d3mga.png

Still one of the funniest pictures I've seen. Hard to believe it isn't staged.

4d3mga.png

And CNN were indeed correct.

That image is in relation to the shooting of Jacob Blake on August 23rd. If you even just look at the data only just after that shooting, let's say the week of the 23rd-30th:
    • There were a total of 522 protests in the USA, about half of which were related to BLM.
    • Of those 522 protests, only 30 were considered violent (and not all were BLM related).

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/regional-overview-united-states23-29-august-2020/

So yes, the protests were mostly peaceful, and also yes, some of the small number of protests that were violent could be considered fiery. They are not mutually exclusive.

Even in just Kenosha where the shooting occurred, the protests were mostly peaceful on the day on which that report was filmed. It wasn't until night time in that particular part of Kenosha that violence erupted.

CNN were using that same headline earlier in the day so perhaps in hindsight should have changed it when cutting to this reporter in case anti-CNN folk tried to make full use of it by taking it out of context.

(Note that I do believe CNN does somewhat lean to the left, I just think that this is a bad example of demonstrating it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

20210223-122746.jpg

Times are difficult for the rightwing media when they really have nothing of substance to complain about. So Newsmax have been forced to have a go at one of the above doggies, complaining he's a "junkyard dog" and not presidential enough. Yes, you did actually see the word "news" in the title of this organisation.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/newsmax-host-attacks-biden-dog-champ-junkyard.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

But we already know he is working hard and putting in the hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

eagle eye wrote: »

Unlike the guy in the untailored suits before him.

Yes, Champ is a great guard dog.

He has much better hair than Trump too, such an amazing man.

Trump was a complete disaster, but the fawning over any American president has always been somewhat cringy, talking about how stylish they are is an example of that. Sorry. It reminds me of Fr. Ted being enamoured with the American priest.

2m doses per day now being sent out to the States.

Mitch McConnell never said anything about Trump's ratbag team:
    'Also under fire was Xavier Becerra, California’s attorney general whom Biden tapped for health secretary.

“We will study Mr Becerra’s testimony today but I find it hard to see how such a radical and underqualified candidate could take such a crucial position at such a critical time” during the coronavirus pandemic, top Senate Republican Mitch McConnell said.' Guardian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How does McConnell call somebody far more educated than himself underqualified?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

How does McConnell call somebody far more educated than himself underqualified?

He is a little loose with his phrasing but I am pretty sure everyone got his meaning.

When he says underqualified he just means not appointed by a republican. Guessing a regional thing. Or he is just a horrible human who cares little for facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,381 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I think there is much merit in what McConnell says. I don't see why a lawyer should become Secretary of Health and Human Services given that there would be many suitable people highly qualified and experienced in Public Health.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

So according to the mainstream press Joe Biden is locking up migrant children now. Hardly a surprise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

So according to the mainstream press Joe Biden is locking up migrant children now. Hardly a surprise.

I wonder will AOC pop down in her Armani gear for a photo op cry outside ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Grossly misinformed statement with no citation?

That's a bingo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭scuba8

TomSweeney wrote: »

Is this the same AOC who just raised $5m, for the people of Texas, who were affected by the big freeze. The same AOC who flew 1500 miles to help.
    The same flash AOC who worked as a waitress to put herself through college.
    The same AOC would probably wouldn’t know where to even buy Armani.

Maybe she should follow the previous administration's lead and pop down wearing an "I really don't care, do you" jacket? Oh no wait, she's too busy raising funds for Texas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

20210223-122746.jpg

Ah here, it's hard for poor Michael D to find a suit that fits him that wasn't made for a First Holy Communion. :p
    Define "mainstream".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Can't be any worse than this.

skynews-melania-trump-jacket_4342313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Can't be any worse than this.

skynews-melania-trump-jacket_4342313.jpg

I have one like that without the writing. Got great mileage out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

scuba8 wrote: »
    Is this the same AOC who just raised $5m, for the people of Texas, who were affected by the big freeze. The same AOC who flew 1500 miles to help.
    The same flash AOC who worked as a waitress to put herself through college.
    The same AOC would probably wouldn’t know where to even buy Armani.

I said it only few weeks ago on politics forum that the Trump fans would soon be calling AOC 'privileged' and here we are

Its incredible really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Ye do realize AOC is criticizing the biden admin. Usually some of ye go mental when that happens. She does say its only 2month into this admin, but a criticism all the same.
    https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1364341956676096001

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

newhouse87 wrote: »
    Ye do realize AOC is criticizing the biden admin. Usually some of ye go mental when that happens.

It is perfectly healthy for people within a party to have different opinions.

What people "go mental" at is when some who are part of a cult, who did not say a word against him, come on here and criticize Biden for far less.

Do you get that now?

everlast75 wrote: »
    It is perfectly healthy for people within a party to have different opinions.

What people "go mental" at is when some who are part of a cult, who did not say a word against him, come on here and criticize Biden for far less.

Do you get that now?

Yes we can agree on that. I have criticized trump so that cult im assuming is aimed at other posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,133 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Yes we can agree on that. I have criticized trump so that cult im assuming is aimed at other posters.

People who are aware that Trump is a cult usually aren't part of it, so that should rule you out.

Your post however came across as snarky towards Biden supporters, which didn't make sense to me.

Anyway, overall I'm happy for Biden to be pulled up fairly on stuff he will not or does not do. No one is above criticism. As I said, what I won't hear is shyte talk from those who sat by and had no issue with Trump for doing far less.

everlast75 wrote: »
    People who are aware that Trump is a cult usually aren't part of it, so that should rule you out.

Your post however came across as snarky towards Biden supporters, which didn't make sense to me.

Anyway, overall I'm happy for Biden to be pulled up fairly on stuff he will not or does not do. No one is above criticism. As I said, what I won't hear is shyte talk from those who sat by and had no issue with Trump for doing far less.

Cant help the way it came across, that wasn't the intention. Exactly all people treated to the same standard. BTW i think its alot of trolls on here, Biden especially to any irish person is going to be more likable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Username checks out...

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Joe Biden would never lock up children, he's the answer to all that's wrong with America.

And stay away from Fox news and especially Sky news Australia...
    All economical with the truth.

Just check out Sky news Australia on YouTube, I have to turn it off , I can't believe what's being said about American politics and international news.

They totally contradict ABC and CNN shocking stuff...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

iagreebut wrote: »
    Joe Biden would never lock up children, he's the answer to all that's wrong with America.

Just check out Sky news Australia on YouTube, I have to turn it off , I can't believe what's being said about American politics and international news.

That's a fine straw man you've built.......who has ever argued this? Biden is not some Messiah of the left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Ye do realize AOC is criticizing the biden admin. Usually some of ye go mental when that happens. She does say its only 2month into this admin, but a criticism all the same.

Yes, Biden got criticised - what's your point?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,646 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yes, Biden got criticised - what's your point?

It's a whole new concept to Trump fans after seeing four years of servitude by the Republicans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

iagreebut wrote: »

:D top marks for parody, and if you are being serious - seek help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

It's a whole new concept to Trump fans after seeing four years of servitude by the Republicans

Great to have you back 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

If people in this thread are anything to go by, Biden has possibly the easiest 4 years of any USA president ever. Just don't act overly oafish or unpresidential and you're golden, achieving little apart from ensuring more Democrat hardship once your legacy is viewed as one of very little substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,764 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

If people in this thread are anything to go by, Biden has possibly the easiest 4 years of any USA president ever. Just don't act overly oafish or unpresidential and you're golden, achieving little apart from ensuring more Democrat hardship once your legacy is viewed as one of very little substance.

No, I would think Trump had the easiest. He could do, or not do, pretty much anything and know that his supporters would stick by him no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,644 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Grow up with your trump fan nonsense.

Still watering for you to tell me what your point was re Biden being criticized.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Do you love him?

Such a strange post.

There has been no 'State of the Union' address..

Still watering for you to tell me what your point was re Biden being criticized.

It was in the post, everlast to be fair said he deserves criticism when its warranted, some on here take any criticism of him as a personal insult.

• Advertisement
Advertisement