Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish celebrities who suddenly vanished out of the spotlight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

He did one of the first karaoke shows in Ireland, in one of the pubs in Rathmines, late 80s I think.

He's still around. You can book him to DJ your wedding. Owns his own company, Murray Events.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,883 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Anyone remember this Sindo hack who ran as a Unionist councillor in West Cork circa mid 90s? Possibly as a joke. This guy was the spitting image of Brendan Behan. Would see him pop up on RTE from time to time. Possibly died since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Anyone remember this Sindo hack who ran as a Unionist councillor in West Cork circa mid 90s? Possibly as a joke. This guy was the spitting image of Brendan Behan. Would see him pop up on RTE from time to time. Possibly died since.

Stan Gebler Davies. Not a nice man. One of Ireland's "bohemians"

He's on the left of this pic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/garech-browne-thank-you-and-sorry-and-goodbye-1.3428164

It was the 1987 election. He died in 1994.

Stan Gebler Davies. Not a nice man. One of Ireland's "bohemians"

He's on the left of this pic.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/books/garech-browne-thank-you-and-sorry-and-goodbye-1.3428164

It was the 1987 election. He died in 1994.

Yes that's him.

That Sri Lankan woman with the unpronouncable name. Used to be on Newstalk up to a few years ago.

• Advertisement

That Sri Lankan woman with the unpronouncable name. Used to be on Newstalk up to a few years ago.

Dil Wickremasinghe?

Has a podcast. Still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Whatever became of Brendan Kilkenny? Tried and failed entertainer/performer. Appeared on Irish talent shows but had no talent...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

E mac wrote: »
    Whatever became of Brendan Kilkenny? Tried and failed entertainer/performer. Appeared on Irish talent shows but had no talent...

He was renting himself out for parties and events the last time I heard of him. Not sure what he would actually do when he got there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭ShyMets

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    He was renting himself out for parties and events the last time I heard of him. Not sure what he would actually do when he got there

He's from the same part of Dublin I'm originally from. I was thought maths by his Brother in secondary school. He was a very good teacher but like his Brother a little eccentric

Works in the Civil Service and lives in the family home. He still has the long hair (although thankfully no longer dyed) and awful fashion sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Dil Wickremasinghe?

Has a podcast. Still around.

Just checked. The last episode of her “insight matters” podcast was in nov 2019.

• Advertisement

Just checked. The last episode of her “insight matters” podcast was in nov 2019.

She's training to be a psychotherapist now.

Jack of all trades, that one-master of none, tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

E mac wrote: »

I see him most mornings in town on the way to work, think he's back in the Civil Service now, still has his (what's left of top head) long hair, wears weird suits still

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Feets

What about Lisa Murphy...she was on the Dublin wives program and went out with Michael Flatley and Gerald Keane?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

Feets wrote: »
    What about Lisa Murphy...she was on the Dublin wives program and went out with Michael Flatley and Gerald Keane?

I legit thought she was also the blonde on John Delaneys arm til I found out her name is Emma English....and no longer on JDs arm.

Such an odd show-'Dublin Wives'... yet most of them were unmarried, never married, or engaged (only to break up).

Flatley paid for her face and fake breasts too...then dumped her and married someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Such an odd show-'Dublin Wives'... yet most of them were unmarried, never married, or engaged (only to break up).

Flatley paid for her face and fake breasts too...then dumped her and married someone he wanted to spend the rest of his life with.

They bought the format having "Wives" in the title is probably part of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

They didn't buy the format - they stole it, hence why they had to change the title from Dublin Housewives.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

They didn't buy the format - they stole it, hence why they had to change the title from Dublin Housewives.

Didnt know that,

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fitznyc

Jayziz, rediscovered Boards.ie, to discover what happened to Philip from Bosco. Found this gem of a thread. Well done everyone. Still haven't found what happened to poor Philip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A complete melt of an individual... very much in love with the sound of her own voice and not much time for anybody who didn’t want to agree with her opinions.

• Advertisement

fitznyc wrote: »
    Jayziz, rediscovered Boards.ie, to discover what happened to Philip from Bosco. Found this gem of a thread. Well done everyone. Still haven't found what happened to poor Philip though.

Phillip Tyler sadly passed away some time in the 80s or 90s.
    Strumms wrote: »
    A complete melt of an individual... very much in love with the sound of her own voice and not much time for anybody who didn’t want to agree with her opinions.

Couldn't hold down a sponsor to save her life, yet saw everyone else as the problem.
    Couldn't believe it when she was fired from radio, despite having a listenership so low, she couldn't even get advertising.

Now she's going to be a psychologist/psychotherapist... I pity the poor fools who go to her for help with their mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Strumms wrote: »

Her partner / wife (I'm not sure if they're married) has a therapy centre called Insight Matters, so I guess there's a guaranteed job after her training. It's an LGBTQ practice, according to their blurb, and after a quick google, it says it was "Founded by social entrepreneurs Anne Marie Toole and Dil Wickremasinghe." I'm not quite sure what a social entrepreneur is, but there ya have it!

Her partner / wife (I'm not sure if they're married) has a therapy centre called Insight Matters, so I guess there's a guaranteed job after her training. It's an LGBTQ practice, according to their blurb, and after a quick google, it says it was "Founded by social entrepreneurs Anne Marie Toole and Dil Wickremasinghe." I'm not quite sure what a social entrepreneur is, but there ya have it!

Jesus....

5311b45db9177059bab9ae8a32aa063c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,185 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Now she's going to be a psychologist/psychotherapist... I pity the poor fools who go to her for help with their mental health.

Husband and wife attends for couselling.
    Wife is beating husband daily with an iron and gold club.
    Dil it's the husband fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

jaysis had forgotten about that car crash of a show. Whatever happened to yer one who had the botox clinic on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Feets

Muahahaha wrote: »
    jaysis had forgotten about that car crash of a show. Whatever happened to yer one who had the botox clinic on it?
    A standup comedian in LA.....................................................................................................................................................................:eek:

A standup comedian in LA.....................................................................................................................................................................:eek:

Ah, sure, Dil What's-her-face claims to be a comedian as well.

Used to be a video of her 'standup' comedy... it was painful...

Someone repeatedly kicking you in the head for an hour would be greeted with more laughs.

Dolores McNamara, the Lotto winner from Limerick. Last heard of her when she got burned in that Eddie Hobbs linked Detroit property fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

No strictly Irish but Joe Elliott from Def Lepard. He & his missus used to be at all 'society' events back in the good old days, part of the South Dublin set. No a word of them now.

• Advertisement

Radio5 wrote: »
    No strictly Irish but Joe Elliott from Def Lepard. He & his missus used to be at all 'society' events back in the good old days, part of the South Dublin set. No a word of them now.

Presume hes not living in Dublin anymore? He was one of the team captains on Number One, RTE music quiz.

Advertisement