Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Lemag wrote: »
    Well ventilated Giro Ionos Helmet for a bargain(ish) £99 from Planet X.
    Anyone else notice how much their prices jump when you change it to euros. £99 = €123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

Anyone else notice how much their prices jump when you change it to euros. £99 = €123

No VAT on Helmets in the UK, VAT is applied in Ireland. So when you select delivery to Ireland, VAT is applied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Took delivery of the Sky Gilet today, nice piece of kit for 25 quid!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

i always let visa do the exchange rate (ie send to Ireland but charge in sterling), not ahuge saving but normally a couple of euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Without having read their T&C, I'd guess that it's just an estimate with all customers actually charged in sterling. I could be wrong.
    jdt101 wrote: »
    No VAT on Helmets in the UK, VAT is applied in Ireland. So when you select delivery to Ireland, VAT is applied.
    Not in this case though. The Irish VAT at 21% would add considerable more. Planet X haven't started to charge Irish customers Irish VAT rates yet. My guess is that it's just a crappy exchange rate estimate on the Planet X site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Speaking of Planet X, can anyone tell me what their Merino base-layers are like? Badly need good base layers!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭maloner

Biemme bit tights for €50.

This deal is for today only apparently, but they close at 6 so I doubt I'd get out there. Any one got these or similar and have any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

good halfords bargain at the moment, 20% of carrera bikes if ordered online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭BryanL

Speaking of Planet X, can anyone tell me what their Merino base-layers are like? Badly need good base layers!

The are okay but not great, they are worth £20 but not much more. Have mine a few weeks, but it's already losing it's shape and becoming stretched at the cuffs. It's no quite as long in the back as I'd like.

I've a few Icebreaker and Ortovox merino base layers that are in better condition after a few years use than the On One after a few weeks. But they were X3 or X4 times the price. Better value in the long run though.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Carrera TDF Limited Edition Road Bike for €327.99 is a pretty good bargain alright. I saw one in Halfords recently, picked it up and twas quite light so must be good :pac:
    I still convinced my friend who was buying a bike at the time to go for the Boardman Team Carbon tho. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Dubba wrote: »
    Carrera TDF Limited Edition Road Bike for €327.99 is a pretty good bargain alright. I saw one in Halfords recently, picked it up and twas quite light so must be good :pac:
    I still convinced my friend who was buying a bike at the time to go for the Boardman Team Carbon tho. :cool:

Wiggle have felt f95 for 408 pounds, works out at €508 delivered, just bought one : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

That's good, that bike was €595 with Wiggle up to a fortnight ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

Probable authenticity 'issues' but bargains nonetheless

http://www.cycling-jersey.net/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

buy one bike get one bike free from planet x tomorrow

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=290242144325650&set=pu.158554890827710&type=1&theater
    Attention all roadies! It may be time to expand your arsenal.... Tomorrow's deal on the new On-One Carbon Whippet X9 bike, normally £1499 is GET A FREE ON-ONE POMPINO URBAN FIXED GEAR BIKE worth £449.99!!! The deal of the year- buy one bike get one bike FREE!

Castelli Sottile Waterproof Jacket - €47.92 however shipping is €40 :eek: Anyone interested in a groupbuy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

furiousox wrote: »
    Probable authenticity 'issues' but bargains nonetheless

http://www.cycling-jersey.net/

Anyone any experience of these guys or the product ? Good price for winter sets, but too good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

Lemag wrote: »
    Castelli Sottile Waterproof Jacket - €47.92 however shipping is €40 :eek: Anyone interested in a groupbuy?

Not so sure about that site. You can get it cheaper at PBK anyway....with loyalty points and free delivery....

www.probikekit.com/eu/clothing/mens/cycling-clothing/jackets/castelli-sottile-cycling-jacket.html

you can thank me later.....;)

SAINTRON wrote: »
    Not so sure about that site. You can get it cheaper at PBK anyway....with loyalty points and free delivery....

www.probikekit.com/eu/clothing/mens/cycling-clothing/jackets/castelli-sottile-cycling-jacket.html

I'd be swimming in those sizes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

with loyalty points

Which online cycling shop offers the best loyalty points discount?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Deedsie wrote: »
    Which online cycling shop offers the best loyalty points discount?

i think probikekit are the only ones with loyalty points

its pretty reasonable, i got about 6 quid back off my last order (and i could use their 10% off voucher as well)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

i think probikekit are the only ones with loyalty points

its pretty reasonable, i got about 6 quid back off my last order (and i could use their 10% off voucher as well)

wiggle offer a tiered discount{gold,silver,bronze}which is quite good. I think it starts at 5% after you spend £1OO and so on. Haven't bought much from them in a while but seem to remember the discounts worked well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭furiousox

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Took delivery of the Sky Gilet today, nice piece of kit for 25 quid!

+1, got mine today! :)

BTW, Aldi HRM watch available this Sunday for 14.99
    Has anyone got one before, any good?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_18332.htm

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

furiousox wrote: »
    +1, got mine today! :)

BTW, Aldi HRM watch available this Sunday for 14.99
    Has anyone got one before, any good?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_18332.htm

Yes they're not great....

I have one - free to a good home if anyone wants to collect it. I think you need to use electrolyte gel on your chest for it to work properly - too much hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oooh. Bagsy. Where do you live?

Khannie wrote: »
    Oooh. Bagsy. Where do you live?

PM sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

chakattack wrote: »
    Yes they're not great..... I think you need to use electrolyte gel on your chest for it to work properly - too much hassle

Glad to know it isn't just my one, desperate trouble trying to get it to pick up heart rate and as you say the gel is to much hassle. My monitor most often shows I am either dead or have a chronic heart problem.

Glad to know it isn't just my one, desperate trouble trying to get it to pick up heart rate and as you say the gel is to much hassle. My monitor most often shows I am either dead or have a chronic heart problem.

I think you do...chronically high VO2 max!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

if you have a hairy chest like me then gel is a must with all hrm the best is in tens gel boots btw there is a 50% off sale in quay cycles in drogheda on everything except bikes but i think it finishes tomorrrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

10 pound (11.50 Euro) off all orders above 50 pound at Chain Reaction until Tuesday Night.

Had a few things in my basket so just had to buy them seperately and saved a few pound :)

code: tendv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Tesco sale on
    17in1 multi tool

From €15.50 to €3.25

http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=202-4853

AW07202-4853TPS255302.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

granda wrote: »
    if you have a hairy chest like me then gel is a must with all hrm the best is in tens gel boots btw there is a 50% off sale in quay cycles in drogheda on everything except bikes but i think it finishes tomorrrow

The polar CS400 requires only a dab of water, works perfectly, no gel.

Believe me, my body has made a jumper for itself I'm such a hairy git.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

chakattack wrote: »
    ...chronically high VO2 max!

I am intrigued. What would chronically high be?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Ordered one of these. Only thing is I need it to be delivered for next Thursday the latest. What's the delivery times off PKB like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

granda wrote: »

i'm as hairy as a hairy gorilla, and have no problems with garmin hrm, and another one i got in argos. Wet the back of them and heart rate displays. no gel needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

lennymc wrote: »
    i'm as hairy as a hairy gorilla,

you're still not as hairy as me :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Beone Storm Comp for 640 Euro on Chain Reaction Cycles:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Shimano Dura Ace 7850 50mm Carbon Clincher-pair
    down to £799.99 from £1,250.00

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPSHDA50MM7850/shimano-dura-ace-7850-50mm-carbon-clincher-pair

£44.54 claimed weight of 378g

£44.54 claimed weight of 375g

Both fit oversized (pretty much standard these days) bars.

Shipping is £12 so chuck a few things into your basket or perhaps organise a group buy.

However, I know nothing about this site :confused:

edit - there might be VAT added on to that and/or it may never actually arrive *shrug*

• Advertisement

Seems like a scam site unfortunately. Link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15325

Ordering one now. €54 for that bike bag is sweet. I've used my brothers one before and it's decent enough to justify that price tag.

Lusk Doyle wrote: »

Ordering one now. €54 for that bike bag is sweet. I've used my brothers one before and it's decent enough to justify that price tag.
    Linked already.
    colm18 wrote: »
    Bike + wheel travel bag for €55 on CRC. Looks like pretty good value

Good to get your opinion on your experience with it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Wiggle

• 20% off list price when you spend £100 on anything

• Use voucher 20OFF_ROW at checkout to apply discount.
    ends 2pm Tue 27th Sept. 2011

RSA giving away free hi-vis vests through their friendface page.

http://www.facebook.com/RSAIreland?sk=app_155828374498549

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭dquirke1

Holland and barrett have powerbar gels for €1 each at the moment.(strawberry and bannana only)
    Considering the're usually around €1.80-€2.00, might be worth picking up a box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Wiggle

• 20% off list price when you spend £100 on anything

• Use voucher 20OFF_ROW at checkout to apply discount.
    ends 2pm Tue 27th Sept. 2011

I'm after using that code and got 20 % off even though i only spent €77 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

Overshoes Bargain Keep your feet warm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Wicklowrider

Overshoes Bargain Keep your feet warm:D

They are delivered by Securicor! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Aldi have lots of winter cycling gear as part of their weekly offers, starts on Thursday 29th, stuff looks cheap but will do my job perfectly I reckon.

List of things their selling here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Aldi have lots of winter cycling gear as part of their weekly offers, starts on Sunday, stuff looks cheap but will do my job perfectly I reckon.

List of things their selling here

I'd highly recommend them socks used them last winter and they were very warm think i'll pick up another few pairs. Merino wool top is tempting but looks a bit baggy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement