Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race numbers and license

Options
  • 19-02-2020 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

Have people received their 2020 Cycling Ireland race number and license by post yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭secman

ronanmac wrote: »
    Have people received their 2020 Cycling Ireland race number and license by post yet?

I know the racers in Gorey cc have been receiving them just in the last week, i just got my own leisure one in the post yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

Yes, signed up 2nd week in Jan, received all last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Had mine within 3 weeks of payment at end of January.

With the addition of bike numbers are we allowed wear a gillet with no pinned numbers in dodgy weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

dahat wrote: »

With the addition of bike numbers are we allowed wear a gillet with no pinned numbers in dodgy weather?

Depends, but on a cold sh!t day in March or April nobody is going to stop you from keeping warm! Just make sure you attack from well out so you're clearly first across the line 😉🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Luxxis

Nope not yet. Think it was mid Jan when i paid up and nothing so far,

• Advertisement

G1032 wrote: »
    Depends, but on a cold sh!t day in March or April nobody is going to stop you from keeping warm! Just make sure you attack from well out so you're clearly first across the line 😉🀣

Gillet on and go 2k out.... No gillet wait for the gallop... Season all planned out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

Depends on the com. Did this last year and got DQ'd from 2nd.

Jesus that was harsh.

Maybe the jersey over the gillet then. , don't plan on pinning numbers to a Mistral gillet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

Depends on the com. Did this last year and got DQ'd from 2nd.

Ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

That’s brutal.

I found a jersey with numbers over a Gabba good for early season races.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Got mine two weeks ago. Just to reassure people, because I know a lot of people stress about them not arriving, but every single year they've always arrived in time for the first races. Some years it can be close enough to the deadline, but it's never been late.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Either pin the numbers to the gillet/rain jacket or pull it up at the back so the numbers are visible. Bike numbers can be useful for the finish line, but comms won't be able to see them from the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Takca

I received my membership card by post a few weeks ago but no numbers. This is for a LC license should I expect any or are these just for A4 and above?

Numbers are just for open races, so A1-A4

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Strobing

Question for you guys.

I've never raced before but I intend to give it a go this season. I'm in a club and there's a club league. (My leisure license just expired) I was thinking of getting a limited competition license and doing the club league and paying for the odd open road race event.

Do you think I should do this or is it more cost effective to buy the full competitive license?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

The only open race you are allowed to compete in with a LC licence is one organised by your own club. You can't sign on to any other race without a full comp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Plastik wrote: »
    The only open race you are allowed to compete in with a LC licence is one organised by your own club. You can't sign on to any other race without a full comp.

One day license a thing of the past?

daragh_ wrote: »
    One day license a thing of the past?

Yeah, they were scrapped ahead of the 2018 season for road racing, full licence only at all times. I assume it's still the same, but haven't checked.

Good to see you out on the road last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Strobing

Ah okay, thanks! Might just go for a full one and do the odd A4 race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭saccades

Any MTB race, Inc the nationals.

• Advertisement

saccades wrote: »
    Any MTB race, Inc the nationals.

As unrelated as a triathlon licence to the posters specific question about open road races.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭saccades

As unrelated as a triathlon licence to the posters specific question about open road races.

What´s with the strawman argument? Perfectly related to your incorrect assertion that an LC licence only allows you to race club road races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

ahh now, here.

saccades wrote: »
    What´s with the strawman argument? Perfectly related to your incorrect assertion that an LC licence only allows you to race club road races.

Question asked, and answered, about open road racing. Fair play to you for drawing some inference to mtb racing from that.

Can I open road race on a LC licence? No but you can mtb race. Who gives a

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Mod note: play nice!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depends on the comm as said above, I have had some say just make sure to pull up the jacket if you think your going to be useful, I seen another lad had the comm car pull up beside him and tell him to show his numbers or get out of the race so he wore the jacket like a belly top. If you need a jacket or gilet, it is Ireland, your unlikely to have any huge benefit in taking it off or huge disadvantage taking it off in early season race, so just pin the numbers to whatever garment is on the outside.

On a related note, if any A3 riders see some muppet with 103 on his back taking off up the road, leave him there, no threat, no point chasing him down, let him suffer out there.

CramCycle wrote: »
    Depends on the comm as said above, I have had some say just make sure to pull up the jacket if you think your going to be useful, I seen another lad had the comm car pull up beside him and tell him to show his numbers or get out of the race so he wore the jacket like a belly top. If you need a jacket or gilet, it is Ireland, your unlikely to have any huge benefit in taking it off or huge disadvantage taking it off in early season race, so just pin the numbers to whatever garment is on the outside.

On a related note, if any A3 riders see some muppet with 103 on his back taking off up the road, leave him there, no threat, no point chasing him down, let him suffer out there.

Ah sure I'd chase anyone down so I'll note 103 and leave you off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Mine arrived today... phew and hurrah!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭CormacH94

CramCycle wrote: »

Slightly off - topic but any good gilet/rain capes that are see through/translucent?

Often wonder are the white colored options a translucent white as opposed to matte

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

CormacH94 wrote: »
    Slightly off - topic but any good gilet/rain capes that are see through/translucent?

Often wonder are the white colored options a translucent white as opposed to matte

There are definitely some I think Endura is the most common and not cripplingly expensive one

Advertisement