Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exit poll: The post referendum thread. No electioneering.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

STB. wrote: »
    For the millionth time thats not how majorities work.

Absolute nonsense talk.

I know it's not how majorities work but i was talking in the context of the poast that said
    many Fianna F members, Healy-Raes, Mattie McGrath as they have been shown to be totally out of touch with the electorate

I reckon that when the final totals come in from Kerry and whatever Tipp constituency McGrath represents, the Yes win % will be less than the national.

Thus disproving the statement that the TDs are "totally out of touch with the electorate"

Their electorate are the people in that constituency, not someone the other side of the country.

The Healy- Rae's are far from out of touch with their electorate, that is being debated on another AH thread already this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,336 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Why are any sides still putting their talking points after the vote ? I never understand that. Make your points before the vote and make them compelling as you can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Where did it ask that on the ballot paper?
    It wasn't on the ballot paper, just as on demand abortion up to 12 weeks was not on the ballot paper. I'm not sure why that matters to the point I'm making, given that we're talking about data from an exit poll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Sheeps wrote: »
    Fairly sexist remark. How would the yes side react if the no side were to simply pass off what they were saying and accredit their airtime to their physical appearance?

Some would say that Simon Harris has a pretty face too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Is Katie Ascough moving to Donegal?

If she does, can we hand over Donegal to the British?

• Advertisement

Yes but who made that call ms Sherlock ? And who meddled ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I reckon that when the final totals come in from Kerry and whatever Tipp constituency McGrath represents, the Yes win % will be less than the national.

What did the exit poll say for that constituency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭Christy42

Whats the craic with the RTÉ Results map?
    Is it showing blank for anybody else?

Results are not in yet
    They could stick up the current count surely. I love tracking these numbers but haven't found anywhere decent for this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,867 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It wasn't on the ballot paper.

Exactly.
    So why quote the results of the referendum to say that is what the Irish people said?

Have the No side not learned that you cannot misrepresent facts and get away with it?

Jesus the head on Ronan Mullen. I don't know if that's because he's in Roscommon or the fact his side lost.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That phenomenal ar*ehole Ronan Mullen on RTE now saying he will not respect democracy.

Ronan Mullen not surprisingly won't support the legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Nettle Soup

Ronan Mullen is ruined now. Pathetic excuse of a man. He is the biggest loser of all on the campaign side. Zero credibility. I hope he loses his handy Senator job.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,391 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ronan McLovin now saying the referendum wasn't in fact about the draft legislation....

Exactly.
    So why quote the results of the referendum to say that is what the Irish people said?

Have the No side not learned that you cannot misrepresent facts and get away with it?

This is what an exit poll said, when asked why voters voted the way they did regardless of whether they voted yes or not. This is the data.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

"Until people say thinks Ronan we have enough of you in politics" people have been saying that for a long time Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I'll go first: we've had enough of you in politics Ronan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ronan Mullen not surprisingly won't support the legislation.

Bloody hell he's unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Ronan Mullen is an absolute cnut.

Grayson wrote: »
    What did the exit poll say for that constituency

No idea, and as I said "final totals"

Back in 2011 GE the Exit poll showed far smaller return for FF than actually happened, people were ashamed to even tell a pollster they voted FF.

Not saying that is the case here but the final totals will obviously be a truer reflection than any exit poll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Billy86 wrote: »
    That phenomenal ar*ehole Ronan Mullen on RTE now saying he will not respect democracy.

He can still represent No voters by voting against legislation if he wants which is democracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ronan Mullen is the head of this fella

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"I have criticised the British laws on abortion, so the British laws on abortion have been called into question."

Basically what that eejit just said. Good riddance, hopefully he fades into oblivion but he's exactly the type of person along with KAte Ascough, her alter ego Katie Martin, Sherlock, etc that I am worried will try to continue to use this as a wedge issue to build a 'new right' with.

Ronan Mullen is an absolute cnut.

If ever there is a debate in future, you could plant Ronan Mullen on the side you want to lose. It will guarantee a win for you. The man is toxic.

It says something when michael Healy Rae says he'll accept the will of the Irish people and it's Ronan Mullen who says he won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭Taytoland

Disappointing result but I think the no side should lose with dignity. Not that it effects me living in East Belfast.

RobertKK wrote: »
    He can still represent No voters by voting against legislation if he wants which is democracy.

Exactly

The democracy for the referendum has allowed the democracy of the representative parliament to legislate on the availability of abortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,246 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If ever there is a debate in future, you could plant Ronan Mullen on the side you want to lose. It will guarantee a win for you. The man is toxic.

He's such a caricature that it's hard to believe he's actually a human with independent thoughts rolling around inside his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,311 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

SexBobomb wrote: »
    I have to say the attitude of the vocal online pro-choice voters has been very disappointing throughout, all sneering and calling anyone with a different opinion uneducated and anti-woman,
    . I'm glad it's over. I'm sure the majority approached the topic and other people with respect but the level of public discourse has been fairly low in my opinion.

There was a guy in Dublin last week with a placard saying "yes voters should have been aborted".

If you look on twitter and facebook you'll see loads of pro lifers referring to yes voters as murderers. There's been comparisons to nazi's and the holocaust (even on boards).
    Yeah, those feckers are all uneducated and anti-woman. And for good measure, let me include the entire leadership of the love both campaigns and Iona institute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

I've had enough of Katie Ascough already.

Advertisement