Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals

Options
  • 25-11-2019 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

well anyone going melting the credit card this week?
    Don't think there is alot of value out there,
    tempted by the dewalt impact driver here as have some stuff already
    59 euro for bare unit
    https://www.screwfix.ie/search?search=dewaltbareunitpromo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭jimini0

Was goin to start a thread for this.
    It might be handy to put up a request here what your looking for. Someone might spot it and post a link

• Registered Users Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Sick of hearing about black Friday at this stage....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,990 ✭✭✭emaherx

whelan2 wrote: »

Ah lighten up it only runs for 6 to 12 weeks a year at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,159 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

emaherx wrote: »

I suppose it takes the spotlight off Christmas for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Great idea for a thread, hopefully some good farm bargains appear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭DJ98

Glanbia online seem to have some good offers, 20% off farm hardware, 30% off animals health and something off clothing also

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Farmer Dan

Stakes, wire etc ??? Any offers on anywhere, tipp/laois area. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭alps

Got a Fitbit yesterday. It tracks steps, heartbeat, sleep etc.

The fool of a thing put up 1000 steps while feeding cows with the tractor???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

alps wrote: »

Yeah. Can happen alright. Was out power harrowin start of the year and it showed serious step count for one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Yeah. Can happen alright. Was out power harrowin start of the year and it showed serious step count for one day.

Can be fairly inaccurate on a tractor going down a rough road. During the summer I put up 24k steps on it and I was sitting in a tractor all day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Keep thinking I’ll get a better head torch in some of these deals.

But, being a cavan man my battery one is still working and I hate replacing something that’s working.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

whelan2 wrote: »

Don’t forget Cyber Monday🙂🙂🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

alps wrote: »

Ah shir it was counting for when ye were picking the stones off the field the silage came from

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Farmer Dan wrote: »

Our local Frs are doing a deal on wire and posts, 10% off I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Mooooo wrote: »
    Ah shir it was counting for when ye were picking the stones off the field the silage came from

There's no stones in Cork. There's also no rushes either and I've heard the cows stay out all year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,501 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There's no stones in Cork. There's also no rushes either and I've heard the cows stay out all year as well.

And milk themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

Dozer1 wrote: »
    well anyone going melting the credit card this week?
    Don't think there is alot of value out there,
    tempted by the dewalt impact driver here as have some stuff already
    59 euro for bare unit
    https://www.screwfix.ie/search?search=dewaltbareunitpromo

170nm hardly strong enough, you'd want to go for the 950nm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Farmer Dan wrote: »

They seem to have different offers in different branches, but worth checking your nearest anyway......or travelling for what you want?

https://www.donedeal.ie/fencingequipment-for-sale/frs-fencing-black-friday-sale/23587659

https://www.donedeal.ie/fencingequipment-for-sale/black-friday-sale/23588220

https://www.donedeal.ie/fencingequipment-for-sale/black-friday/23550682

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

emaherx wrote: »

Black Friday has been running in the marts for 12 months now...... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭Sami23

What's the best cheapest website to buy cordless drills / angle grinders as thinking of splashing out on Friday.
    Looking at Screwfix but looking for other suggestions thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Sami23 wrote: »
    What's the best cheapest website to buy cordless drills / angle grinders as thinking of splashing out on Friday.

Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Toolfix are having a sale from 2mora.
    Screwfix are having a bit of a one but nothing major.
    McQuillans are doing 10% off everything.
    EPT are having a sale aswell.
    I’m on the lookout for a cordless circular saw. So I’ve been around them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Screwfix are opening a Physical branch next week in Stillorgan ind Park, Blackrock Co Dublin (calling it the Sandyford branch) opening on 3rd Dec I think, very low key, haven't heard bout any TD's waffling about jobs etc or usual sh1te they go on with..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

The only stones are the fellas milking cows

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Most of my stuff i get from Amazon or ebay, shop around, look for "warehouse deals" on Amazon, it's returned stuff often with only a scratch on the box, can be good value, on ebay a seller called "powertoolmate" usually can't be beaten on price, the thing with screwfix is they are usually dear and they also have older gen tools(usually) but you can find the odd bargain on there as posted above.

Irish garage equipment and SGS Engineering are companies i've bought from in the past and i found them good as well.

Toolfix are having a sale from 2mora.
    Screwfix are having a bit of a one but nothing major.
    McQuillans are doing 10% off everything.
    EPT are having a sale aswell.
    I’m on the lookout for a cordless circular saw. So I’ve been around them all

Looking at the Dewalt DCD778 cordless drill on screwfix - anyone have one or any opinions on them.
    Tia

Looking at the Dewalt DCD778 cordless drill on screwfix - anyone have one or any opinions on them.
    Tia

Are you starting from scratch as in, do you already have chargers and batteries? A charger and one 5aH battery will often set you back €100 from any of the big brands so factor that into price.

Have'nt used any Dewalt drill so i can't tell you how good it is, but just going on price alone i think it dear enough at that price. I'm keeping an eye on drills myself as my 15 year old Bosch needs replacing as the NiCD batteries are obsolete pretty much.
    I'm already invested in another brand so i'm reluctant to start from scratch with another set of chargers and batteries but if i get a good enough deal i might chance it.

Are you starting from scratch as in, do you already have chargers and batteries? A charger and one 5aH battery will often set you back €100 from any of the big brands so factor that into price.

Have'nt used any Dewalt drill so i can't tell you how good it is, but just going on price alone i think it dear enough at that price. I'm keeping an eye on drills myself as my 15 year old Bosch needs replacing as the NiCD batteries are obsolete pretty much.
    I'm already invested in another brand so i'm reluctant to start from scratch with another set of chargers and batteries but if i get a good enough deal i might chance it.

Starting from scratch. Hoping to get drill, impact driver and 5" angle grinder over time.

DCD796 is probably better but can't justify the higher price for all the work I'd have for it

• Advertisement

Drills and impact drivers can be got in a bundle usually, so can save a few pound there, grinders love batteries they eat them, should be looking at 5aH + capacity for a grinder as anything lower you'd be wasting your time.

Advertisement