Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Sami23 wrote: »
    What's the best cheapest website to buy cordless drills / angle grinders as thinking of splashing out on Friday.
    Looking at Screwfix but looking for other suggestions thanks

Toolsense in the uk. If you have a vat number you can use it when ordering off them online. Amazon/ Ebay uk using addresspal are good too.

If you download the Hotukdeals app on phone and have a search alert for dewalt it is handy.

Got 2 4ah genuine dewalt batteries for 25euro each off amazon thanks to that app.

Got a dewalt 887 impact bare for 76 euro in UK, the same one in Ireland is 130 on "special offer".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭amacca

Are Milwaukee considered better quality or harder wearing than Dewalt?

I see all the garagemen using milwaukee, not a dewalt in sight + the two sites above that supply garages/ businesses don't stock dewalt either (having said that they have lower quality diy standard stuff too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

amacca wrote: »
    Are Milwaukee considered better quality or harder wearing than Dewalt?

I see all the garagemen using milwaukee, not a dewalt in sight + the two sites above that supply garages/ businesses don't stock dewalt either (having said that they have lower quality diy standard stuff too)

Probably not a lot between them if i'm honest, i caught the Milwaukee disease last year, terrible dose, love their tools though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Just picked up a nice bargain of glanbia connect a 340 Ltrs jfc milk kart with mixer ,pump and frame to hitch on to quad for 2420 a saving of over 600 bucks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Probably not a lot between them if i'm honest, i caught the Milwaukee disease last year, terrible dose, love their tools though!

I have used both Milwaukee and Dewalt a lot at work. My number one is Milwaukee. Dewalt feels awful plastic compared to Milwaukee. Batteries seem to come loose after a while. The chuck does slip a bit too. I have Dewalt chop saw, drill, impact, and grinder. They are old but still working. I'm seriously thinking of replacing them with Milwaukee if I can get a good deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭visatorro

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Just picked up a nice bargain of glanbia connect a 340 Ltrs jfc milk kart with mixer ,pump and frame to hitch on to quad for 2420 a saving of over 600 bucks ..

Good deal from glanbia,,what's seldom is wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭MfMan

Whole lot of Black Fridaying goin on here. Various web sites being consulted. Coopsuperstores.ie worth a look, competitive on a few things. Anyone know if Taktik can be got at all now? Doesn't appear to be available anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭annubis

MfMan wrote: »
    Whole lot of Black Fridaying goin on here. Various web sites being consulted. Coopsuperstores.ie worth a look, competitive on a few things. Anyone know if Taktik can be got at all now? Doesn't appear to be available anywhere.
    the tool brand?
    woodies do them i think

No, this is an animal spray, to prevent lice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

No, this is an animal spray, to prevent lice etc.

What part of the country you in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

buying for a new house here, we had lots of appliances etc priced up with weeks
    despite all the advertising no real savings to be made today,

By far Harvey Norman's was the busiest electrical shop we were in, not that they were cheapest but their advertising seems to have got footfall in the door.

148multi wrote: »
    What part of the country you in

Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭148multi

Galway.

Pm sent

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Dozer1 wrote: »
    buying for a new house here, we had lots of appliances etc priced up with weeks
    despite all the advertising no real savings to be made today,

By far Harvey Norman's was the busiest electrical shop we were in, not that they were cheapest but their advertising seems to have got footfall in the door.

Did you get them to match any competitors' prices?:D
    I think the whole BF sale thing is a gimmick, Jan is the best time for a sale IMHO.

I was in Nike in KV during the week with the son, stock seemed to be limited even though they were giving 30% off, he couldn't find anything to buy anyway.

Few yoyo off fincord welding rods at wws for the gunterer/macgyver in your life;)

https://wholesaleweldingsupplies.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=831_66_232&product_id=3360

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Dozer1

yea to be fair the matched prices on 2 kitchen appliances once we had a quote...but your right tis a joke of a sale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Mchale overalls 30 euro, kids and adults.

https://www.mchale-shop.com/collections/products

• Registered Users Posts: 9,231 ✭✭✭tanko

I see PG are offering €500 off the price of Moo Call Heat until Sunday i think.
    Only a grand for it now instead of €1500. Anyone who paid €1500 for it recently would be fairly sick i reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,517 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I bought some Sennheiser headphones for my eldest for Christmas on Amazon, £70 amd I got free shipping

Then I realised I’d bought them few days before Black Friday.

I checked the price again Friday evening kinda kicking myself and indeed they were on sale, for £92

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭larthehar

Any good deals going this year folks?

Advertisement