Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cool I should be home saturday and sunday to get it going :) I sort of want to play a few friendlies but I also don't want to , Be more special coming up against the unknown in actual league games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Each gameweek will consist of 2 fixtures also so you have a week to play those 2 games. If you're away or busy, you can always build them up and play them all in one week but don't let them build up too much! It's not encouraged :P

Ok lads, I've finished creating the league and fixtures.

Here is the finished product:

boardspes.leaguerepublic.com

You can have a quick look at the fixtures if you want but the league won't be starting until the weekend and I'll announce the fixtures every week on a separate thread.

In that thread, only fixtures and results are to be posted. General chat about the league can stay here.

In the first post of the new thread I'll post everyone's team and username as above, the link to the website for the group tables and the rules for the league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Great stuff. Cheers for all the work put into it!

In terms of general rules, is it a 12m game, 3 subs, stadium and weather at choice of home team?

Or what ya think?

Great stuff. Cheers for all the work put into it!

In terms of general rules, is it a 12m game, 3 subs, stadium and weather at choice of home team?

Or what ya think?

All will be announced but yes, 12 minute games, 3 subs and stadium and weather of choice of the home team.

It will be the home teams responsibility to setup the game and put these settings in place.

Is that link to the league working for everyone? It works on desktop mode but not on the touch/mobile site

Colemania wrote: »
    Is that link to the league working for everyone? It works on desktop mode but not on the touch/mobile site

I think you need to remove the url tag and just leave it as text to be copied and pasted into the address bar otherwise it reads as an extension of boards.ie for some reason.

Napoli and Athletico for me at the weekend looking forward to getting this going :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Borussia Dortmund kick off their campaign against German rivals RB Leipzig, followed by a visit from Ligue 1 Champions AS Monaco, to be played at the discretion of the Borussia postman.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Manchester United vs Everton is obviously the tie of the round, the one everyone will be looking out for

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

Colemania, hats off to you. Fantastic setup you've got going for this. Just checked the league site and you have it looking great plus the organisation is top notch.

Glad you took this on :)

Can't wait to get going.

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Colemania, hats off to you. Fantastic setup you've got going for this. Just checked the league site and you have it looking great plus the organisation is top notch.

Glad you took this on :)

Can't wait to get going.

Ah I enjoyed setting it up. Had to download 16 teams logos to assign to each team to get it looking all official ha.

I noticed that :):)

Certainly does look great.

I'll get into the logistics of the groups later and what happens to the top and bottom 4 teams.

For now, is everyone happy with 2 games a week? I think we'll trial it for this week and if people are getting their games played within the space of 2 days, I can up it to 3 games a week. That would meant the group stage is over in 5 weeks and the whole league will probably be over in 6 or 7 weeks

Ok, with regards the knockout stages for the league, I have 2 possible options.

Option 1 - Standard Champions Cup and Shield
    • Top 4 from each group go to the quarter finals. 1st in Group A plays 4th in Group B; 2nd plays 3rd etc.
    • Bottom 4 from each group have their own cup called the Shield. This will run in the exact same format as above.
    • Possibly a Super Cup one-off match between winners of both cups

Option 2 - The Backdoor System
    • The backdoor system - Bottom 4 from each group go to the quarter finals of a playoff. 5th in Group A plays 8th in Group B etc. Finalists in playoff go through to quarter finals of the main competition.
    • Top 3 from each group go straight to the quarter finals. 4th place in each group plays a finalist of the backdoor system. The winner of this match then plays the 1st placed team in each group; 2nd in Group A plays 3rd in Group B and vice versa
    • Just a suggestion to give all teams a chance

Vote on poll here: Boards PES League Knockout System Poll

• Advertisement

• Top 4 from each group go to the quarter finals. 1st in Group A plays 4th in Group B; 2nd plays 3rd etc.
    • Bottom 4 from each group have their own cup called the Shield. This will run in the exact same format as above.

• The backdoor system - Bottom 4 from each group go to the quarter finals of a playoff. 5th in Group A plays 8th in Group B etc. Finalists in playoff go through to quarter finals of the main competition.
    • Top 4 from each group go to the quarter finals. 1st in both groups play finalists of backdoor system; 2nd in Group A plays 3rd in Group B and vice versa

I don't really understand the back door system sorry.

The two finalists from the back door group go into the main competition QF, but does that not leave 6 teams then in the QF? Or is it then that the fourth placed teams play the backdoor qualifiers and the winners of those games progress to play a first placed team in a 'true' QF?

Sorry if I'm missing something here and being a bit dense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Excellent stuff Colemania. Looking forward to getting started. Soon to be on paternity leave so lots of time for PES 😉

We planning on starting next week?

I don't really understand the back door system sorry.

The two finalists from the back door group go into the main competition QF, but does that not leave 6 teams then in the QF? Or is it then that the fourth placed teams play the backdoor qualifiers and the winners of those games progress to play a first placed team in a 'true' QF?

Sorry if I'm missing something here and being a bit dense.

Sorry, you're right! I had it all planned out in my head but it doesn't make sense now reading it back! I'll edit it now but explain here also.

So yes, 4th place in each group does indeed play a finalist of the backdoor system. The winner of this match then plays the 1st placed team in each group.

Doesn't look like it'll matter anyway because option 1 is the clear favourite!

I'll get into the logistics of the groups later and what happens to the top and bottom 4 teams.

For now, is everyone happy with 2 games a week? I think we'll trial it for this week and if people are getting their games played within the space of 2 days, I can up it to 3 games a week. That would meant the group stage is over in 5 weeks and the whole league will probably be over in 6 or 7 weeks

2 a week should be fine. What's the story with submitting scores?

Cienciano wrote: »
    2 a week should be fine. What's the story with submitting scores?

Normally, whoever is the home team writes up the score in the appropriate thread on here. Then the opponent just likes that post to confirm it was correct score. At that stage, Colemania can input the scores into the league website.

Think that's the way this one will be done, too.

• Advertisement

Koolhanger wrote: »
    Normally, whoever is the home team writes up the score in the appropriate thread on here. Then the opponent just likes that post to confirm it was correct score. At that stage, Colemania can input the scores into the league website.

Think that's the way this one will be done, too.

Just as Koolhanger said, the home team usually writes up the score in the new Fixtures and Results Thread I'll be setting up. Sometimes the results don't go up so if you don't see your result, just put it up yourself. I'm not going to hound people on this for not putting up a score because they were the home team but hopefully all the home teams put in an effort to get their scores up.

I'll give an example of the type of format the scores should go up in also on the new thread. It will be along the lines of:

Gameweek 1

Spurs (Colemania) 10-0 Man Utd (Cienciano)

Then if you wish, you can give a small 1 or 2 line review on the game. Usually seems to go along the lines of, "Good game. Keeper screwed me over, couldn't finish my dinner......."

Well that's what the majority of mine were like in the FIFA league :D

Hey! I saw what you did there. If that's a scoreline it might be hard to thank it

I've added everyone in my section , Ready to rumble when are gonna be starting ?
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    I'll have all the lads in my group added by friday afternoon. Some good games ahead, nice mix between groups

Fair play colemania for getting this up and running

BTW, if you go into the group on your ps4 you can add everyone that way. Much easier than the way I did it which was manually typing everyone into the add friends search.

Also, in case anyone else didn't notice (like me up until last night), it's much easier to disable notification popups on your ps4 and just use the phone app for group chat. Pop ups appear on the top left of the screen, annoying when you're in a game and running down the wing, especially when you're not involved in the chat and are trying to play a game.

Cienciano wrote: »
    Hey! I saw what you did there. If that's a scoreline it might be hard to thank it

If someone scores 10 goals AND keeps a clean sheet in Pro Evo of all games, I'll be accusing them of some kind of sorcery :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Boards League
    Group A
    Boards | PSN | Team
    Walter.White | DamoK21 | Liverpool
    IncognitoMan | DuffyTJ | PSG
    brianregan09 | brianregan09 | Arsenal
    harpstilidie | danharps | Inter Milan
    Exclamation Marc | ManufacturedHero | Manchester City
    Luckycharms_74 | nslattery | Atletico Madrid
    AidoEirE | Aidz-Eire- | Napoli
    KennyG192 | KENNETH192 | Roma

Group B
    Boards | PSN | Team
    Colemania | Colemaniser | Spurs
    Cienciano | meath77 | Manchester United
    Beastermc | Stephen_Mc91 | Chelsea
    az1234 | az1234 | RB Leipzig
    Koolhanger | Bijilf | Monaco
    Das89 | Das89z | Everton
    ziggyman17 | BAZ171075 | Nice
    Wilberto | Wilberto99 | Dortmund

Fascinating breakdown. :):)

League | Group 1 | Group 2
    EPL | 3 | 4
    Serie A | 3 | 0
    Ligue 1 | 1 | 2
    Bundesliga | 0 | 2
    La Liga | 1 | 0

Yes. I am bored. :pac:

Wilberto wrote: »

Yes. I am bored. :pac:

You badly need the game to arrive.

• Top 3 from each group go straight to the quarter finals. 4th place in each group plays a finalist of the backdoor system. The winner of this match then plays the 1st placed team in each group; 2nd in Group A plays 3rd in Group B and vice versa

So......looks like my Option 2 was either highly unfavourable or just confused the bejaysus out of everyone :D

11 votes for Option 1.
    0 votes for Option 2.

In preempting this, I've already setup the Cup and Shield on the website. Have a look at it if you want, just to see the scenarios for finishing a particular place in the group.

I'll setup the Fixture and Results thread on Saturday and when I do, please only post results in that thread. Any other chat, even if its with regards the games, will stay in this thread

Ok, it seems like Friday night be a better option as some people are either busy at the weekend or gone on holidays next week.

I'll announce the fixtures tomorrow so and from that point forward, Ill announce fixtures every Friday.

If anyone is away going forward, post it in this thread and PM your opponent on PSN to say when you're available

I'm away on Sunday till Wednesday with work and despite my willingness to bring the PlayStation, I feel my appeal will fall on deaf ears. Happy to get my two games played this Saturday or any evening after Tuesday. Will pm my opponents to figure out a date.

Not that it matters (for obvious reason) but I'm off to Banna for the weekend (Fri to Sun). So I'll be back able to play (possibly) from Monday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm away on Sunday till Wednesday with work and despite my willingness to bring the PlayStation, I feel my appeal will fall on deaf ears. Happy to get my two games played this Saturday or any evening after Tuesday. Will pm my opponents to figure out a date.

No Problem.
    I'm around Saturday and can also do after Tuesday

Fixtures and Results Thread has been created. This is to be used only to post fixtures and results.

Please thank the first post to confirm that you understand the rules

Best of luck everyone!

Boards PES 2018 League - Season 1 Fixtures & Results

I'm around tonight for a few games if anyone wants to get theres done . after the limerick and cork game

Napoli at home and Ath Madrid away :) in group A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

I'm around tonight for a few games if anyone wants to get theres done . after the limerick and cork game

Napoli at home and Ath Madrid away :) in group A

I'll be on later on bud bout 10ish so i'll give you a message ;)

Two good tough away games for me tonight, well played arsenal/liverpool. Cant wait to bring ye to italy

Cheers for working around my psn issue.

Will be on for my 2nd game later with Athletico just shoot me a pm on PSN :)

Will be on for my 2nd game later with Athletico just shoot me a pm on PSN :)

Second game? The first one isn't up on the fixtures and results thread :pac:

Yeah it is :)
    Game Week 1

Arsenal (brianrega09) 1-1 Napoli (aidoeire)

Really tight game with plenty attempts either side , Cech came to my rescue plenty though and in the end I'm well happy with a point in this one

Yeah it is :)

Sorry, I thought you meant you were Atletico :o

• Advertisement

Will be on tonight after the Arsenal game

Yay!! It finally arrived!! :pac: :pac:

I would ask that I be given a little bit of time to practice first before getting stuck into the league. I mean, even if if means waiting until the weekend or early next week before I play my games. It'd be a little unfair on other teams if I played my two now when I'm really raw and then play the next ones after I've had plenty of practice.

:):)

Wilberto wrote: »
    Yay!! It finally arrived!! :pac: :pac:

I would ask that I be given a little bit of time to practice first before getting stuck into the league. I mean, even if if means waiting until the weekend or early next week before I play my games. It'd be a little unfair on other teams if I played my two now when I'm really raw and then play the next ones after I've had plenty of practice.

:):)

No worries man! As long as you can get caught up by the end of next week with this week's games and next week's games, that's no hassle at all

I hope you shot that carrier pidgeon when he arrived haha

I hope you shot that carrier pidgeon when he arrived haha

There was no need to. I think my cat may have mauled the fecker!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I was off line the weekend due to internet issues.
    I'm hoping to get both my games played tonight or the next day or so :)

• Advertisement

Group B are getting embarrassed by the efficiency of games played in Group A :D

All played in Group A. 6 left to play in Group B :O

Seen the table it really it wide open aswell :D looking forward to week 2 both my games were great nothing in either of them

Seen the table it really it wide open aswell :D looking forward to week 2 both my games were great nothing in either of them

Yeah looking forward to them big time, dont get to play at all during the week so when the weekend hits its nice to get some games going to try climb back up the table. League makes the game a lot more personnal

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Beastermc

Colemania wrote:
    Group B are getting embarrassed by the efficiency of games played in Group A

Well let's do something about that tonight!

#letsmakeGroupBgreatagain

You really have to play 3 up front when playing online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement