Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thousands Raised for a Dairy farm down with TB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Community still exists in rural areas,it seems to have vanished from urban areas

That's not true I wish people on here would stop with these generalisations. A woman in a housing estate close to me got flooded out last year, the drain in her back garden was blocked, neighbours went in wearing waders and unblocked it for her. There was a door to door collection for her a few days later, over 2.000 was collected. A close neighbour of mine committed suicide there was a collection for the family and people were very generous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭DBK1

coconnellz wrote: »
    Most ridiculous thing I read in a long time Thousands of pounds raised for large dairy farm that's Down with TB, Even tho only down 25 cows they still have 100 cows doesn't sit right with me https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.farminguk.com/news/amp/fundraiser-for-family-after-fifth-of-herd-tests-btb-positive_57435.html
    It’s interesting to see you describe it as a “large” dairy farm when the second sentence in the article you’ve linked states that it’s a “small” dairy farm. That tells enough about your attitude straight away.

It’s a group of neighbours and friends donating to someone in hardship. No-one is forced to donate, it’s all voluntary. Anyone that doesn’t like the idea of it doesn’t have to donate. It’s as simple as that really.

Advertisement