Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-09-2020, 18:05   #1
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 109
USPS to Ireland

I ordered something from America and its been in Ireland over a month without being delivered.

"Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on July 28, 2020 at 8:46 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

Is there any way to contact USPS or an post about it? Can't imagine a month is normal.

Last edited by whiterebel; 10-02-2021 at 16:58.
Brianmwalker is offline  
Advertisement
05-09-2020, 12:02   #2
wmpdd3
Registered User
 
wmpdd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 9,434
Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

Or enter it in 17track app.

If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

What's the value?
wmpdd3 is offline  
05-09-2020, 15:06   #3
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpdd3 View Post
Enter the tracking into an post, it should be on their system by now.

Or enter it in 17track app.

If not call an post customer service on Monday and they will check it out for you. It's probably sitting in port laoise wait for a customs letter to be issued.

What's the value?
Only 20 dollars, nothing on the an post system. I'll call them Monday. Thanks.
Brianmwalker is offline  
05-09-2020, 16:51   #4
Darc19
Registered User
 
Darc19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 2,397
It might not have left the states. Usps updates as soon as it gets to the airport holding area for packages.

Normally that's fine, but with massive flight cancelations parcels are delayed.


Still taking 4-6 weeks.
Darc19 is offline  
Thanks from:
28-09-2020, 09:30   #5
tina27a
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 25
Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.
tina27a is offline  
Advertisement
28-09-2020, 20:55   #6
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by tina27a View Post
Hi Brianmwalker just wondering did you ever get your parcel? My tracking says my parcel departed Dublin on 20th September but still no sign of it.
No, not yet. I'm just assuming it's lost now.
Brianmwalker is offline  
29-09-2020, 11:50   #7
BuyersRemorse
Registered User
 
BuyersRemorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 86
My USPS package took 24 hours from Los Angeles to Dublin, and since Friday has the same message on tracking as the first post.
BuyersRemorse is offline  
30-10-2020, 23:09   #8
Ping2132
Registered User
 
Ping2132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 3
Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update
Ping2132 is offline  
02-11-2020, 13:55   #9
BuyersRemorse
Registered User
 
BuyersRemorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 86
I received my package, but there was no update on tracking. It just turned up.
BuyersRemorse is offline  
Advertisement
02-11-2020, 14:34   #10
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping2132 View Post
Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update
Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!
Brianmwalker is offline  
03-11-2020, 11:33   #11
Ping2132
Registered User
 
Ping2132's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmwalker View Post
Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!
My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update
Ping2132 is offline  
04-11-2020, 14:31   #12
wandererz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping2132 View Post
My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update
I am in the same situation as you.
Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.
wandererz is offline  
10-11-2020, 17:03   #13
Munstermunch
Registered User
 
Munstermunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandererz View Post
I am in the same situation as you.
Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.
Did you get your package yet?
I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually
Munstermunch is offline  
Thanks from:
12-11-2020, 13:22   #14
LfcIreland
Registered User
 
LfcIreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munstermunch View Post
Did you get your package yet?
I am also in this situation😟 Purchases some jewellery from USA it was sent vis USPS express Priority International got regular daily updates while still in USA and now tracking has stopped last entry was:

Your item departed a transfer airport in DUBLIN, IRELAND on November 8, 2020 at 8:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Argh 😖!!! What does this even mean?
What’s a transfer airport? Does it mean it’s in Ireland? Not appearing on An Post tracking.
Really worried. Please tell me some of you at least got yours eventually
Hey did you're package move since, im having the same issue

Thanks
LfcIreland is offline  
12-11-2020, 13:25   #15
LfcIreland
Registered User
 
LfcIreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandererz View Post
I am in the same situation as you.
Says departed Dublin Airport on 27th.. It's now the 4th.
Hi, any update on your package im in the same situation. So hoping there is just big delays on the irish saide and hasnt been lost.

Thanks

Mod: please don't do multiple posts on the same thing. Thanks

Last edited by whiterebel; 12-11-2020 at 15:48.
LfcIreland is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet