Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Help Service

Options
  • 22-01-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭

Do the HSE home carers provide help with housework any more or only nursing care? Or is there a different service for this?
    We don’t need nursing help, just someone to assist with domestic duties once or twice a week

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭TrixIrl

Gael23 wrote: »
    Do the HSE home carers provide help with housework any more or only nursing care? Or is there a different service for this?
    We don’t need nursing help, just someone to assist with domestic duties once or twice a week

It's primarily personal care unless there is an extreme need for basic domestic duties like lighting a fire if no other heat source, checking fridge etc if no family and a chance someone with a cognitive issue might eat something out of date etc.

The old school of home help of cleaning etc is gone in most areas now and either family help out or pay someone privately. This originally existed as the complexity of patients in the community was quite low but now as people live longer and stay living at home even when they are very dependent, resources have been redeployed to same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭I see sheep

I'm going to bump this as it's exactly what I came on to ask.

Could I ask how you got on with this?

My Mam has MS and it's getting a bit tougher for her, she can still walk around and I think wouldn't want (or probably need) help dressing etc.

Advertisement