Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Forum Lockdown thread - Stay At Home And Watch Lots Of Telly

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Some more repeat runs starting next week

Monday 11.45pm Cuckoo BBC1 Series 1 (Greg Davies Andy Samberg Sitcom, continues nightly)

Wednesday 11.55pm The Sinner TG4 Series 1 (Bill Pullman Jessica Biel Crime Drama)

Friday 9pm Peter Kay's Car Share BBC1 (All episodes to be shown weekly)

Friday 11.05pm Black Books Channel 4 Series 1 (All episodes on Friday)

Friday night 1am BBC4 (early Saturday) Country Music by Ken Burns

Also, next Saturday (16th) would have been Eurovision night and RTE, BBC and most other Eurovision countries are going large on a Eurovision party

5pm Pointless Celebrities Eurovision Special BBC1

6.25pm Eurovision Come Together BBC1 - Graham Norton gives viewers a chance to pick their favourite Eurovision performances, with a look at some of the songs which would have been on tonight

6.55pm Marty's Magical Eurovision Moments RTE1 - Marty Whelan instead takes viewers through the highs and lows of Eurovisions past

8pm-10pm Eurovision Shine A Light RTE1 & BBC1 - The main event, all 41 songs which would have been on tonight with some famous faces from the past and a Global Choir singing What's Another Year?

10pm Eurovision A-Z BBC2 Rylan Clark does the same as what Marty did on RTE1 earlier

11pm TOTP2 Eurovision BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Gomorra is excellent. Think season 5 will be the last

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭brian_t

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think RTE are going start re showing Love/Hate soon

DigiGuide has it starting on Friday 5th June just after the Late Late Show on RTE1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Channel 4 have been boxsetting old comedies on Friday nights. Spaced, Black Books and Ali G next up. I never caught Spaced the first time for some reason but I enjoyed it, Bernard Black is still fantastically of his own universe.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Dempsey and Makepeace is on YouTube if you want some 80's nostalgia, apart from the cheesy music I find it rewatchable and Glynis Barber is not objectionable to see on screen

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭BSK

Has anybody caught up with The Walking Dead after the Rick scene? Looking to get back into it and just wondering if it’s worth it

BBC1 have announced a new short lockdown comedy series with David Tennant and Michael Sheen which should start in June

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2020/05/22/46162/david_tennant_and_michael_sheen_to_star_in_lockdown_comedy
    Staged is about the cast of a West End production who try to keep their rehearsals on track when they are forced to work from home.

The series also stars Tennant’s wife Georgia and Sheen’s partner Anna Lundberg plus Lucy Eaton and guest stars including W1A’s Nina Sosanya.

Six 15-minute episodes have been announced, with the BBC calling it ‘absurd and humorous in equal measure’.

Edit

https://twitter.com/bbcpress/status/1263782307061792775

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not exactly cheerful viewing, but just caught last nights screening of What's the matter with Tony Slattery? on BBC 2 last night and found it very compelling. Such a ubiquitous and talented guy around the 80s and 90s, just a shock to see what he has been going through. Hard but good watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,331 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Channel 4 have been boxsetting old comedies on Friday nights. Spaced, Black Books and Ali G next up. I never caught Spaced the first time for some reason but I enjoyed it, Bernard Black is still fantastically of his own universe.

Watching Ali G tonight, the Sammy Wilson NIRL episode is gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Not exactly cheerful viewing, but just caught last nights screening of What's the matter with Tony Slattery? on BBC 2 last night and found it very compelling. Such a ubiquitous and talented guy around the 80s and 90s, just a shock to see what he has been going through. Hard but good watch.

found it a very hard watch too, could hardly recognise him ....the abuse he suffered as a boy by a catholic priest had a huge toll on him psychologically, heartbreaking:(

• Advertisement

fryup wrote: »
    found it a very hard watch too, could hardly recognise him ....the abuse he suffered as a boy by a catholic priest had a huge toll on him psychologically, heartbreaking:(

Yeah, had a gander at a couple of old Whose Line is it anyway? shows on All4 last night just to check was he as good as i remembered and, god he was. Didnt get the sense of much hope by the end of the show, but really do pray he finds peace. Tough break.

Tonight sorted.

Citizens of Boomtown: the story of the Boomtown Rats, BBC2 9.20.

Should be alright then quick at the controls to C4 for Educating Rita @ 10.35.

Will record MofD just for Ian Wright. Could listen to him all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,880 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Saturday night city beat had already started,
    The pulse of the corner boys sprang into action,
    And young Billy watched it all under the yellow street light,
    And said "tonight...of all nights...

There’s going to be a Boomtown Rats documentary on BBC Two at 9.20pm.”

‘Citizens Of Boomtown’ - which coincidentally, is also the title of the next Pointless thread.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Skid X wrote: »
    BBC1 have announced a new short lockdown comedy series with David Tennant and Michael Sheen which should start in June
    Bet you can't name two more likable actors working today..

.. looking forward to this!

E4 will be airing Buffy the Vampire Slayer from the start at 11pm every weeknight from Monday the 1st of June.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Given that Summer has been unofficially cancelled this year, don't think anyone needs to go to the bother of starting a Summer thread.

From the Start:

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet starts on Sunday on Yesterday at 10pm with a double-bill and continues weekly.

Sliders starts on Monday on Forces TV at 9pm and continues weekdays.

Sapphire and Steel starts on Monday on Forces TV at 11pm with a double-bill and continues weekdays.

Both Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and Sliders have been repeated regularly but I haven't come across Sapphire and Steel before.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,331 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

brian_t wrote: »
    From the Start:

Auf Wiedersehen, Pet starts on Sunday on Yesterday at 10pm with a double-bill and continues weekly.

Sliders starts on Monday on Forces TV at 9pm and continues weekdays.

Sapphire and Steel starts on Monday on Forces TV at 11pm with a double-bill and continues weekdays.

Both Auf Wiedersehen, Pet and Sliders have been repeated regularly but I haven't come across Sapphire and Steel before.

I watched Series 3 and 4 and enjoyed, must give the first 2 a look.

Tonight on RTE One at 9.40pm - Independence Day: Resurgence

Never seen it meself, it had better have another epic inspirational speech from President Bill Pullman.

:)

BBC2 has a series of home made sketches in 'Comedians - Home Alone' starting on Monday (either 10pm or 10.30pm depending on your region). Each episode is only 15 minutes long

https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/8849/tv-comedians-home-alone

Ep 1 has Bob Mortimer, Michael Spicer, Kerry Godliman Marcus Brigstocke and Rachel Parris, later episodes have appearances from Tom Allen, Al Murray, Sara Pascoe, Vic Reeves, Meera Syal and Sanjeev Bhaskar, Phil Wang, Chris McCausland, Tez Ilyas, Russell Kane, Sally Phillips, Richard Herring, Mat Horne and MacKenzie Crook

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tonight on RTE One at 9.40pm - Independence Day: Resurgence

Never seen it meself, it had better have another epic inspirational speech from President Bill Pullman.

:)

Just rewatch the original, awful sequel

Just rewatch the original, awful sequel
    Never rated the original either tbf..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i forgot there was a sequel to independence day, I think I even saw it in the cinema

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Basq wrote: »
    Never rated the original either tbf..

It's pure dump popcorn fun and that president's speech is epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Virgin Media repeating the Toughest Trade , the one with sports people changing from their sport to another. I think that was an RTE series from a good few years back.

Derry Girls starting on RTE 1 on Sunday night

Tonight at 9.35pm on RTE One, The Late Late Show Brendan Grace tribute show, followed by that knockabout sitcom ‘Love/Hate’.

Derry Girls starting on RTE 1 on Sunday night
    Tonight at 9.35pm on RTE One, The Late Late Show Brendan Grace tribute show, followed by that knockabout sitcom ‘Love/Hate’.

I wonder if Derry Girls will get much of an audience?

It has been all over Channel 4, E4 and Netflix and you would think anyone who was interested would have found it by now.

Having said that, there is still a large number of people who bizarrely only watch the Irish Channels who will be probably be all over Facebook on Monday telling everyone about this new Derry Girls thing. You could put a 26 part 1982 Czechoslovakian Communist cartoon series about Jakub and his farming collective (poorly received at the time even in Prague) on at 9.30pm on RTE1 on Sundays and it would get solid viewing numbers

Personally, I would have put Love/Hate in the better slot (as it hasn't been repeated in ages) but those schedulers who put it on at a graveyard time after an repeat of a Brendan Grace LLS tribute which was just a load of old clips obviously know what they are doing.

Skid X wrote: »
    I wonder if Derry Girls will get much of an audience?
    I think solid TV is so thin on the ground these days that it probably will do decent enough.

• Advertisement

Ahead of his 80th. birthday on Sunday, tis Tom Jones night on BBC Four tonight!

The greatest white blue-eyed soul singer Britain has ever produced. Fact. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement