Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muslim views on the West attacking ISIS.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

leo2a6 wrote: »
    What a lot of BS. If u push the wall, the wall will push u back, to every action there is a reaction, newton 3rd law, simple as.
    Simple statement, not justifying, not excusing, just explaining how secular moustached gin-drinking Baathi Iraqi became IS.
    Now I know that many people like to see geopolitics as a cow-boy movie with intrinsically good people and intrinsically bad people.
    But it doesnt work that way. Without Versailles treaty, there is no Hitler,
    without US-Iranian invasion of Iraq, there is no IS. Simple as.

Now that is BS....Event and situations do not make people/groups....they reveal them
    Lesson 1A1 of any psychology course

But you go on blaming the west for Islamic Fascism

It helps to keep Muslims all over the world paralyzed and justifying in doing nothing to end ISIS and sectarian violence in ME

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

MPFGLB wrote: »
    But you go on blaming the west for Islamic Fascism

It helps to keep Muslims all over the world paralyzed and justifying in doing nothing to end ISIS and sectarian violence in ME

Muslims dont do nothing, they bomb IS, they arm their opponents despite US blocking weapons for the FSA at jordanian and turkish boders, terrorists get beheaded in KSA, arab countries collaborate with US/EU in counter-terrorism, what more could they do ? Turkey wanted to intervene militarily on the ground in Syria but US/Russia stoped them.

If u prefer to believe that extremism is born out of nothing, whatever, it's ur right...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

leo2a6 wrote: »
    Muslims dont do nothing, they bomb IS, they arm their opponents despite US blocking weapons for the FSA at jordanian and turkish boders, terrorists get beheaded in KSA, arab countries collaborate with US/EU in counter-terrorism, what more could they do ? Turkey wanted to intervene militarily on the ground in Syria but US/Russia stoped them.

If u prefer to believe that extremism is born out of nothing, whatever, it's ur right...

I don't prefer to believe extremism was born out of nothing .it is a complicated journey...but I do not want to jump on the bandwagon (that was you 1st contribution) and put responsibility solely on the west

You say what more could Muslims do ? Well I would like to see a more proactive movement of muslims in US, UK, Indonesia , Europe , etc ,etc collectively and proactively working to stop ISIS and condemning all violence in their name. I would like all Muslims who talk of brotherhood to create an international group willing to defeat ISIS. I would like to see more rhetoric on what they stand for and not what they stand against on the world stage.
    I would like to see them defend their religion as a religion of peace against the extremists. I would like to see their leadership in this crisis

And when that is done I would like all religions to be dis established

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭leo2a6

MPFGLB wrote: »
    I don't prefer to believe extremism was born out of nothing .it is a complicated journey...but I do not want to jump on the bandwagon (that was you 1st contribution) and put responsibility solely on the west

You say what more could Muslims do ? Well I would like to see a more proactive movement of muslims in US, UK, Indonesia , Europe , etc ,etc collectively and proactively working to stop ISIS and condemning all violence in their name. I would like all Muslims who talk of brotherhood to create an international group willing to defeat ISIS. I would like to see more rhetoric on what they stand for and not what they stand against on the world stage.
    I would like to see them defend their religion as a religion of peace against the extremists. I would like to see their leadership in this crisis

And when that is done I would like all religions to be dis established

every single violent act is condemned immediately by majority of muslims and their institutions, even if not shown by the media. Muslim countries actively fighting IS and other form of religious extremism. Muslims are first victims of IS.

http://islamireland.ie/news/press-release-major-islamic-organizations-in-ireland-condemn-paris-shootings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭alwald

leo2a6 wrote:
    Muwahidun means monotheists, if u're muslim u're monotheist. Salafism is following Islam rigorly. Thats KSA Islam. Not ISIS one. I always find it funny when 'experts' call IS & KSA both 'wahabis' while KSA sees IS as heretics and fight them and IS sees KSA as non-muslims and fight them as well.

Have ISIS been fighting KSA or vice versa? Not to my knowledge, KSA are probably financing ISIS if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MS1962

Taltos wrote: »
    Mod Note
    Final warning guys. This has moved beyond the realm of the forum now and is just being used as a platform. Not on.
    leo - we both know that the infographic above doesn't say 2Mil are throwing themselves away, I'm trying to be lenient here but there's only so far I'm willing to go.

Remember, this forum is here for the discussion of the religion of Islam only.

If anyone has a problem with that or with our charter in general then I suggest you post elsewhere as I've no hesitation in removing posting rights of posters who are intent on having an argument for it's own sake. Point scoring isn't welcome, education and enlightenment are.

You can't artificially separate Islam 'the religion' from its inherent political objectives. The Islamic system is intrinsically political - the aim of Islam is to subject the entire world to Sharia Law by hook or by crook. Well, now the entire world is slowly, slowly waking up to the reality of Islam and more and more people are researching what it is and reading for themselves rather than just what the BBC tells them. And no, I am not challenging/commenting on your moderation - you made a contributing comment which is wrong on this thread and I am challenging it. Hopefully you can take the correction. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note

It is never acceptable to challenge a mod on thread anywhere in boards.
    I'm taking that as the final call here guys. Shame as some valid and differing points of view were being raised and discussed in a reasonable fashion.

Update: For those asking for a stance on the attacks refer you to this press release
    http://www.islaminireland.com/news/press-release-condemning-paris-shootings/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement