Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

which oil is there , the 1 litre bottles or the 4 or 5 litre ones? and which is your local lidl?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cletus wrote: »
    It's not going to change my life either. I think I've been quite civil in my comments so far. What issues does your mechanic have with Lidl oil?

If the oil doesn't conform to the international standards laid out, are we supposing that there is a company out the refining motor oil that doesn't meet standards in order to sell it to Lidl? Or where do you think the oil they sell is coming from?
    The folk who buy the expensive oil as opposed to simply buying the best-priced oil that meets the required specification of their vehicle's engine are no doubt the same folk who buy Kerrygold butter despite the fact it's nothing more than a wrapper used by various creameries that also wrap the same butter in supermarket wrappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I can only go on what my mechanic says to me. Buy it, dont buy it. Its not going to change my life.

Yeah course he says that, so he can fleece you with the expensive brand and you being the sucker go right ahead and fall for it haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

shocksy wrote: »
    Yeah course he says that, so he can fleece you with the expensive brand and you being the sucker go right ahead and fall for it haha.

Yeh haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

Ah jaysus lads, are ye still on about the oil :pac:

when is the best time to scan your lidl plus app on phone, had issues with mine the other day

so not sure to do it just before the person at the till starts scanning the items or during scanning or after scanning

• Advertisement

obi604 wrote: »

when is the best time to scan your lidl plus app on phone, had issues with mine the other day

so not sure to do it just before the person at the till starts scanning the items or during scanning or after scanning
    I do it during scanning. Never an issue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭Zebrag

obi604 wrote: »

Normally I would say if it's alright to use my phone before they scan because I always taught you had to wait but last week I went in and the chap that served me didn't lift his head from his own phone so I had to interrupt him if I could use my lidl app. I was the cnut for interrupting him so safe to say you can use the app at any point really

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Offers up for the 8th now too

Ariel / Fairy 3in1 Pods €3 off
    Pringles €1 off
    Multiseed Loaf 50% off
    Still Spring water sports cap €1 off
    Kitchen Paper 3ply 50% off
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil €1 off
    Irish Pork Stir Fry €1 off
    Beef Lasagne 1kg €1 off
    Quorn Mince / Crispy Nuggets 50% off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

PopTarts wrote: »
    Offers up for the 8th now too

Ariel / Fairy 3in1 Pods €3 off
    Pringles €1 off
    Multiseed Loaf 50% off
    Still Spring water sports cap €1 off
    Kitchen Paper 3ply 50% off
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil €1 off
    Irish Pork Stir Fry €1 off
    Beef Lasagne 1kg €1 off
    Quorn Mince / Crispy Nuggets 50% off

Nothing on that for me.
    Tomorrow it'll be just the fish and ice-cream.
    These "bargains" are getting worse....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Offers from Thursday 1st October
    €1.50 off comfort Fabric Conditioner.
    50% off smoked Cheddar cheese roll.
    €1 off mini Bockwurst.
    50% off Gosh! Vegetarian Snacks.
    €2 Nescafé Gold blend.
    50% of My Waidi Orange and Pineapple.
    €1.50 off two Cod fillets.
    50c off Gelatellu premium ice-cream.
    €1 off Heinz Tomato Ketchup. 570grams

There are blueberries there too,the small pack for 82c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

Quackster wrote: »
    The folk who buy the expensive oil as opposed to simply buying the best-priced oil that meets the required specification of their vehicle's engine are no doubt the same folk who buy Kerrygold butter despite the fact it's nothing more than a wrapper used by various creameries that also wrap the same butter in supermarket wrappers.

Used to be true. Kerrygold now produces their own butter. They built a factory in Mitchelstown a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

App not not showing offers for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

OmegaGene wrote: »
    The offers are crashing for me, might be a glitch that will be resolved when the shops open

Same here. I am getting the message: " we couldn't process the request!"

Waiting for Thursday deals every week as Catholic waiting for Sunday mass.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Same here while I did shop. Sods law working now lol but got another €1 shop on scratch card this morning, that’s 3 in last 2 weeks I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

They changed the packaging but noticed the ice cream went up from 1.69 last week so not as much of a bargain as it could have been. Noticed a few prices creeping up lately

Used to be true. Kerrygold now produces their own butter. They built a factory in Mitchelstown a couple of years ago.
    I stand corrected. Still the same bog-standard butter though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Quackster wrote: »
    I stand corrected. Still the same bog-standard butter though.

Supermarket to supermarket, the butter might be to a similar standard; but you know about it when you taste ****ty butter, imo. It's out there.

Wife swears there is a difference between Kerrygold and Lidl own brand, fwiw. I dont eat much butter so dont really know/care until i get a mouthful of bad butter.

Baggly wrote: »
    Supermarket to supermarket, the butter might be to a similar standard; but you know about it when you taste ****ty butter, imo. It's out there.

Wife swears there is a difference between Kerrygold and Lidl own brand, fwiw. I dont eat much butter so dont really know/care until i get a mouthful of bad butter.
    As with milk, taste will vary during the course of the year depending on what the cows have been feeding on. The wrapper on the butter makes no difference IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Father Frisky

OmegaGene wrote: »
    prices are going up across the board not just in lidl

True no argument there, but it looks like the old price em up to discount em trick. The Aldi one hasn't changed price either. Couple of new varieties in the range so hopefully they are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Anyone got the offers from next Thursday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

Anyone got the offers from next Thursday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Another €1 off in the scratch card

Another 1 euro off in the scratch card

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Haven't had a scratch card since the 29c biscuits weeks ago. :mad:

And I do shop in Lidl regularly. :confused:

Any idea why (why no scratch card, not why I shop there regularly). ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

marrm wrote: »

Got my third €1 off..are u shopping too frequently ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Got my third €1 off..are u shopping too frequently ?

Yeah I got 3 in a row, then digestives today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

pc7 wrote: »
    Yeah I got 3 in a row, then digestives today

Two €1's in a row then digestives here too

marrm wrote: »

Has the app logged you
    Check do you need to log in again
    Mine didn’t work on a trip and when I checked I had to put log in details again ,
    ( and forgot the password lol )

Got sardines as scratch card win, I’d take them for the trolley of goods for others but ours isn’t doing it the last week or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

pc7 wrote: »
    Got sardines as scratch card win, I’d take them for the trolley of goods for others but ours isn’t doing it the last week or two.

Ohh no poor vegans !

Advertisement