Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

The boyo chimes in, "you cant draw on the table Ellie".

Pauses for 4 or 5 seconds.

For fcukin sake.

:o
    Bacchus wrote: »
    Same boat here :) 3.5 year old has started saying "feck it" and thinks it's hilarious.

It is. But we can't let her know that or she'll never stop. It takes every ounce of will power not to burst out laughing.

We had a variation on that for a time too...

When he was annoyed with us: "I'm fcuk's sake with you!"

Thankfully, he grew out of the potty mouth phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

"United won 7-1 on agriculture"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Playing with her Peppa figures this morning and one of them fell over. She came out with 'Oh My God'. I thought it was so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

josip wrote: »
    "United won 7-1 on agriculture"

Ha on a similar theme, i remember a neighbours child asking for "slurry" chips in a takeaway when we were on our way back from a football match many moons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The boy has a love/hate relationship with my sister. Sometimes he is all about her, sometimes he doesnt want to know her.

We were down in my folks house last week on our holidays and she came down on Saturday so I went and picked her up from the train.

When we got back to their house, himself was out the back "doing the jobs" with granddad. He is utterly obsessed with fire fighters in general and particularly Fireman Sam.

As she started walking towards him with arms outstretched and a big hello he just pointed at her and shouted "There'll be no smoke training for you Cridlington"!!!

I nearly keeled over laughing, he has placed her in the same bracket as Elvis the buffoon from Fireman Sam.

I could post pretty much everyday with all the random things he comes out with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My 2.5 year old has been picky with dinners recently but tonight he said this looks yummy. Mommy did a good job with the dinner. What a charmer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Livin in Denmark last 12 yrs or so. Apparantly I still have work to do on my language skills...! Got through half of the first line in a danish story book tonite before being told to stop by my 4 yr old
    " mammy your danish voice is not good". :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Ask me on Monday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

This thread pops up with new posts on my followed threads and tonight it opened on page 1 and I realised that it was started 11 years ago and it has been making me smile for 11 years.

Where would we be without children? Mine is 15 and makes me smile every day - and yours make me smile too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My 5yo started school yesterday finally after much anticipation, and since she came home she is referring to herself in the third person as “the schoolgirl” - let’s hope this enthusiasm keeps up for a while :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

6yo: Did you play Minecraft when you were a kid?
    Me: No, Minecraft wasn't invented yet back then.
    6yo: So then what did you play on your tablet?
    Me: Tablets weren't invented yet then either.
    6yo: I'm so glad I wasn't a kid back in the olden days.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

My two sons were out the back with daddy and the laughs out of them was great, so I popped out to have a look.

Me: wow its sounds like you're all having great fun guys.

5 year old: get to the kitchen mommy and start cooking.

Me: .....

That's put me firmly in my place, ha!!

My boy (3 next week) met his baby brother for first time today when mum and him came home from hospital....I don't particularly remember anything that he said, but he was very gentle, caring and happy.
    I probably won't stop smiling for a long time thinking about that and realising how lucky I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

My 15 years sister who is just like a daughter for me said "haven't I do everything for you" :).

Was standing drying myself off after my shower this morning and the 26 month old came into the bathroom, looks at me and asks "daddy, whats on your bagina?". First time she has noticed the anatomical difference between boys and girls. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My youngest is almost 2 and a half. He asked his mother the other night to bring him to the shop. It's too late for sweets she says - "I don't want sweets, i need to get a chain saw and a leaf blower":D

Driving through town yesterday morning

"oh look Daddy there is a bakery"

"No, that's actually a coffee shop, it's called Costa Coffee"

"Custard Coffee......? Can we go there next time, do they have ginger bread mans?"

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭JimboJones99

4 year old Son started school in September. After a couple of weeks he started getting the bus. After the first day, I asked him "well, how did you get on on the bus?

His deadpan response was "I went up the steps and in the door" and walked off.

He wasn't wrong I suppose

When she wants me to do something with her she says 'C'mon Tata' and beckons to me with her fingers, much like the below:

BjiVS.gif%22

She's 3 and 6 months..... it cracks me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Rock77

When she wants me to do something with her she says 'C'mon Tata' and beckons to me with her fingers, much like the below:

BjiVS.gif%22

She's 3 and 6 months..... it cracks me up.

Not everyone will get this but I suspect you will...

Watching Tv with my 5 year old son and the Angelus comes on....

He shouts ‘Yes!!! It’s The Undertaker!’

• Advertisement

Rock77 wrote: »

*Snigger*

Rock77 wrote: »

Way off topic, but here you go:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1330714447141330949?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 6 year old giving me a warning today...
    "If you're not good, Santa will bring you Covid"

3 year old, while brushing his teeth "look daddy green lines in my hands"
    "They are your veins! Do you know what's flowing through those?"
    Slight pause......."Peas?"

Best laugh I have had in ages.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

My almost 3 year old woke in the middle of the night. He cuddled into me and said mommy, I love you and went back to sleep. Was worth being woken up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

bee06 wrote: »
    My almost 3 year old woke in the middle of the night. He cuddled into me and said mommy, I love you and went back to sleep. Was worth being woken up for.

My young lad is a few months younger than 3, he sleeps with his favourite teddy every night "pussycat". He fell asleep on the sofa last night and i put him up to bed, i had to search the house for pussy cat and put him in beside him, still fast asleep.

I was awoken this morning about half 5 by him screaming from his bedroom "Daddy, i found pussycat" It cheered me up no end for some reason, he was delighted with himself!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I was talking to my 6 year old this morning about names. That O means from and Mac means son of etc. We got onto Fitz and I told him that it also means son of. So on the way to school he saw a sign saying Fitzgerald which he pointed out. Then he said
    'There's another one Dad!!'.

Fitzone :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My kids dont believe anymore,which is just as well.Got my 9 year old the biggest Kevin the Carrot,put it in the car and collected him from school.

Its the same size as him but he tries to carry it everywhere��.

He tells me he needs a double bed now cause Kevin pushes him out.

Our little one had low muscle tone when she was born and the missus constantly tried to tell me she might not be able to speak when she's older. I never really believed it but I was told so often I used to tell our neighbours the same thing. Sitting upstairs working from home, she's downstairs (3.5 now) and singing jingle bells non-stop. I love it.

• Advertisement

The boy was doing his little pee dance and holding himself the other day so I said to him hop on the pot and do his business, his response "I dont have to, theres no sign of any wee in my penis!"

Advertisement