Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note in OP 9/4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

The change of system has more to do with our improvement than the introduction of Lucas
    A defensive midfielder isn't as paramount with three centre halves Allen starts before Lucas every time

fhrxOHY.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,918 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Juan mata 1/19

Jordon Ibe betting suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

noodler wrote: »
    Things are definitely starting to go the other way now alright!

My thoughts would probably be summed that he is a good man when a team is struggling and needs a bit of steel.

I don't think he has a huge future as a starter in a functioning Rodgers team (the implication there being that he was only called in when it became clear the team wasn't functioning).

Thats a very simplistic summary judgement but I don't see him being able to put in a performance like Allen and Hendo did on Sunday.

Thats not to say Allen and Hendo are perfect, its not to say Lucas is useless, I just don't think he works if we are looking to be on the front foot in games.

Like you said, moving Gerrard out and Lucas in was where our run of form began. Aside from the city game, in which our midfield looked relatively comfortable, we've looked very soft through the middle. Against Southampton and Spurs particularly, we didnt control the game but grinded out the wins.

Lucas is a victim of his own success, he's a natural DM and does nothing spectacular other than pick up yellows. His game is more about what he does without the ball than what he does with it. He is consistently under-rated by everyone, Liverpool fans in particular, but when he plays he's probably our most consistent player. If he wasnt such a sick note I'd say its an area where we didnt need to strengthen but obviously thats not the case.

Joe Allen is not the answer, he had a stand out game against City for sure but hes not played that well since the beginning of last season. Lucas is the only Dm at the club and when he is fit he should start.

http://talksport.com/football/liverpool-news-start-man-and-reds-win-rate-more-doubles-150123133621

rossc007 wrote: »
    Like you said, moving Gerrard out and Lucas in was where our run of form began. Aside from the city game, in which our midfield looked relatively comfortable, we've looked very soft through the middle. Against Southampton and Spurs particularly, we didnt control the game but grinded out the wins.

Lucas is a victim of his own success, he's a natural DM and does nothing spectacular other than pick up yellows. His game is more about what he does without the ball than what he does with it. He is consistently under-rated by everyone, Liverpool fans in particular, but when he plays he's probably our most consistent player. If he wasnt such a sick note I'd say its an area where we didnt need to strengthen but obviously thats not the case.

Seems to coincide with the upturn in form tbh.

We are on an 11 game unbeaten run in the league, 8 wins and 3 draws. Gerrard has only featured for 90 mins in two of those games, both were draws.

Moving to 3 at the back also came in at the same time so I'd say it's a combo of:

Gerrard not a certain starter
    3 at the back
    Lucas playing as DM (and lately Allen)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rossc007

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Seems to coincide with the upturn in form tbh.

We are on an 11 game unbeaten run in the league, 8 wins and 3 draws. Gerrard has only featured for 90 mins in two of those games, both were draws.

Moving to 3 at the back also came in at the same time so I'd say it's a combo of:

Gerrard not a certain starter
    3 at the back
    Lucas playing as DM (and lately Allen)

Agreed, my point being we look more comfortable with Lucas in the side, since hes been out we've looked pretty vulnerable through the middle with the City game being the exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Well lads, my sister has a signed ball from the 09/10 team. All official with the certificate etc. Her friend wants to buy it as a present for her husband but my sister hasn't a notion what its worth, I searched online and can't find any to even give me a price range. Has anyone come across something like this or be able to give me a valuation. Thanks lads

Iang87 wrote: »
    Well lads, my sister has a signed ball from the 09/10 team. All official with the certificate etc. Her friend wants to buy it as a present for her husband but my sister hasn't a notion what its worth, I searched online and can't find any to even give me a price range. Has anyone come across something like this or be able to give me a valuation. Thanks lads

I had a giggle at the first line of that post, sorry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has there been any news recently on the redevelopment of Anfield? Is there a start date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

Iang87 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Has there been any news recently on the redevelopment of Anfield? Is there a start date yet?

Have you not seen the pics, they've pretty much laid waste to the surrounding area,once that's been developed i'm assuming they'll start the stadium in the off season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,383 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Already started. Foundation is already down but I don't think you will see the new stand taking shape until the Summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Work started a while back and the main stand should be finished for the start of the 16/17 season, with the anfield road end in theory starting after that is finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Sakho is laying concrete all week, hell probably have the blocks laid by the middle of next week. Then roof it and paint it the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Gah, Southampton Palace match is annoying. Palace should have been easily in front with all their chances. Just invited Southampton into them over the last 20 minutes, totally unnecessary. Stopped challenging in midfield altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oh ye thats right Southapton will fall away nothing to worry with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Win tomorrow puts us 2 points ahead again. I'd rather they were chasing us and than we were chasing them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I think people just feel his lack of mobility wouldn't really suit our high pressing system. Nobody is debating his ability as a footballer. But not all good footballers will be successful in every system, see mata for proof of that. Superb player but needs to be in s certain style of play, I don't think he'd do very well here either.

People have been singing the praises of Lucas and how he has contributed greatly to our massive change in form (and rightly so), but if a player as immobile as Lucas now is can have such a massive effect in our high pressing system, then a player of better quality can also be very effective.

In all likelihood the DM won't be pressing very high up the pitch and in my opinion Khedira has more than enough mobility to cover the ground around the centre of the pitch and in front of the defenders. Wages would be high to cover the free transer, but definitely worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Well Southampton at one stage were 9 points clear of us. So ya, they haven't fallen away completely but I'm not worried by them at all.

At this point I would think our rivals are more worried by us than we are of them.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If we finish behind Southampton we won't be in 5th or above. Brilliant and all as they've done, they won't get CL imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,544 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

They were at home to Crystal Pardew, of course they had a chance to win.

It's other games against bigger teams and away banana skins that I would expect them to eventually struggle in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,001 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They really shouldn't had won today even, Palace were the better team creating the better chances. Palace weren't even forced back by Southampton, they just willingly gave up the middle of the park for the last 20 minutes. Annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Only their 2nd goal in 6 league games tonight. That's why I'm not overly worried. Alderweireld back will help at the back but Pellè badly needs to get his shooting boots on if they're to push for top 4 down the stretch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

gafferino wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15117/9740277/the-making-of-philippe-coutinho-how-liverpool8217s-brazilian-magician-blossomed-into-a-premier-league-star

“Philippe is a Brazilian player and, as it happens with most Brazilians, he has a special magic in his feet,” said Pochettino.”

s080219_soccer.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What Rodgers thinks about Burnley, mainly down to the questions.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Spent the last hour or two doing the maths and I'm still unsure, so correct me if I'm wrong. If we beat Burnley tomorrow and United lose to Newcastle then we will move up to 4th with 51 pts leaving United behind us in 5th with 50 pts. Surely this isn't right?

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Spent the last hour or two doing the maths and I'm still unsure, so correct me if I'm wrong. If we beat Burnley tomorrow and United lose to Newcastle then we will move up to 4th with 51 pts leaving United behind us in 5th with 50 pts. Surely this isn't right?

It should be basic enough to work out:D

Level with Arsenal..

If they also lose:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,589 ✭✭✭baldbear

DVD, that's right. Top 4 if and if!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Couldn't be. No Liverpool player would even make their bench, apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Knex. wrote: »
    You forgot to carry the £150m.

Then add the £8m loan fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

5starpool wrote: »
    Work started a while back and the main stand should be finished for the start of the 16/17 season, with the anfield road end in theory starting after that is finished.

Didn't know they were doing the Anfield Road end? Or is that something for the future to further increase the capacity?

In fairness to Utd and Van Gal, theyre in transition and dont have a very charismatic coach.

Sorry about that question lads. Thought I had the maths correct alright. I was just doubting we're actually that close to 4th. Been told all season that we're going nowhere near it. My bad. Carry on :)

Sorry about that question lads. Thought I had the maths correct alright. I was just doubting we're actually that close to 4th. Been told all season that we're going nowhere near it. My bad. Carry on :)

You're an awful messer.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    You're an awful messer.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Didn't know they were doing the Anfield Road end? Or is that something for the future to further increase the capacity?

Yeah that end is getting done as well, but they'll be working on the main stand first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Not sure if posted the other day.

Enjoy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There is a link in the Indo touting Rodgers with replacing Pellegrini. Yeah , i know, click bait, but there is a bit in it about City talking to Rodgers about becoming assistant to Mancini in 2009.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/why-manchester-city-could-turn-to-brendan-rodgers-if-manuel-pellegrini-gets-the-boot-31039623.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

There is a link in the Indo touting Rodgers with replacing Pellegrini. Yeah , i know, click bait, but there is a bit in it about City talking to Rodgers about becoming assistant to Mancini in 2009.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/why-manchester-city-could-turn-to-brendan-rodgers-if-manuel-pellegrini-gets-the-boot-31039623.html

I was thinking of it the other day and its something I really fear might happen.

They have a very old squad and who better in the English game to work with youth players than Rodgers. With the huge investment in there academy I would see someone like Rodgers to build a young team a major priority.

The only mark on Rodgers copybook as a city candidate would be his poor performances so far in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

why would he leave a team on the up for one on the wane?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,895 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If City do sack Pellegrini I think they will go for a former Liverpool manager who's contract is up with his club this summer and who has a habit of winning trophies especially in Europe.

Rodgers has won nothing yet.

City owners will want proven winners of top trophies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

If City do sack Pellegrini I think they will go for a former Liverpool manager who's contract is up with his club this summer and who has a habit of winning trophies especially in Europe.

If they sack Pelligrini it will be the likes of Klopp or Simeone who will be top of their list i think before Rafa is considered.

I actually wouldnt be surprised to see them make a play for Ancelotti to be honest who may just feel its time to make a move from Madrid.

I didn't know Carlo Ancelotti managed Liverpool:pac:

sweetie wrote: »
    why would he leave a team on the up for one on the wane?
    The opportunity to manage in the CL for a few years and the money to buy whomever he wanted. They also want a manager who plays attractive football.

+1, i hope.

City have built this ridiculous academy and training campus surely they will want a manager who will actively look to promote youth.
    This FFP is a big game changer Chelsea are going to leave them behind, they adapted their transfer policy to turn the club to a profit and have done brilliantly.

The days of spending 150m net in one window are over. Man city have a huge rebuilding job on there hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ffs this is how bull**** rumours spead, no way will rodgers go to city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Stranger things have happened. United got Moyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Not sure if posted the other day.

Enjoy :)

Great to see what he does, in one video. He just needs to get a little bit more accurate in the final ball and he'll be fearsome at the top level.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement