Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BEEP (Beef Environmental Efficiency Pilot Scheme)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

If you have calf’s 6 months old and 1 month old do you weigh them all on the one day pr can you do the big ones and leave the small ones and still do them before the deadline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

If you have calf’s 6 months old and 1 month old do you weigh them all on the one day pr can you do the big ones and leave the small ones and still do them before the deadline?

Once they’re done by the deadline

I’d say ICBF would like them weighed both times as it’d give more info

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

I have weighed every animal on the place today will that fulfill my obligations for beep

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

MeheeHohee wrote: »
    Anyone know where to rent a scales in cork/ kerry / limerick? No list up on icbf as was promised

Farm relief services. I used them, i was able to order scales online in herdplus.. credit to ICBF as easy system

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Well, they'll have the weights going tru the marts too.
    I only got my letter last week.

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Bellview wrote:
    Farm relief services. I used them, i was able to order scales online in herdplus.. credit to ICBF as easy system

Will it fit in boot with back seats down? Or have to hook up trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

tellmeabit wrote: »

It's over 7 foot long so depends what you drive ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

I'll risk it. Thanks

tellmeabit wrote: »

I would use trailer..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭valtra2

How much is it to rent scales or how much is it per animal to get someone to weight them. Thank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭tanko

valtra2 wrote: »
    How much is it to rent scales or how much is it per animal to get someone to weight them. Thank

€50 to rent them, don't know how much lads are charging to weigh them.

tanko wrote: »
    €50 to rent them, don't know how much lads are charging to weigh them.

Give ICBF lads a call their rates are pretty ok from memory when I used them a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭TalkingBull

valtra2 wrote: »

50 euro for scales hired from nearest Homeland store, picked up at 10am dropped back the following day. was handier than getting a guy in with scales as cattle would not be in all 1 group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Sugarbowl

We paid 50e as well from our co-op. Rented on a weekend so got it until Monday morning. It was quite hassle free to weigh them and didn't take too long at all. Prob the most money we ever earned for a few hours work!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Re Beep Scheme. Our local AI man does weighing of cow & calf & uploads data to ICBF site for Five Euro per pair.Makes sense for us as we have small herd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Sugarbowl wrote: »
    We paid 50e as well from our co-op. Rented on a weekend so got it until Monday morning. It was quite hassle free to weigh them and didn't take too long at all. Prob the most money we ever earned for a few hours work!

Was that a local Kerry Store? Dairygold Superstores don't seem to be renting them.

https://webapp.icbf.com/v2/app/beep-requests-farmer

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

Was that a local Kerry Store? Dairygold Superstores don't seem to be renting them.

https://webapp.icbf.com/v2/app/beep-requests-farmer

Liffey Mills rent them too as far as I know & they're not on the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

jfh wrote: »
    Liffey Mills rent them too as far as I know & they're not on the list

Ya I got the scales from liffeys in ennis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭jfh

anyone know of a contractor that would come to weight, rather than renting out the scales myself in the clare/limerick area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

anyone know of a contractor that would come to weight, rather than renting out the scales myself in the clare/limerick area?

FRS
    https://www.donedeal.ie/farmservices-for-sale/cattle-weighing-service-beep-pilot-programme/21682585

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

https://www.donedeal.ie/beefcattle-for-sale/beep-scheme/21334729

Advertisement