Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish winner in Euromillions 175 million..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭chris_ie

If you played online and won the jackpot, do they still announce where the winner came from?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    They give the eircode for the world wide web

Sure loads of people dont even know how to use eircodes, I'll be grand! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Winner from seaview estate in Thurles

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

chris_ie wrote: »
    If you played online and won the jackpot, do they still announce where the winner came from?

Asking for a friend? ;)

Asking for a friend? ;)

Uh yeah.... can't have the neighbours knowing they won a fiver.. ;)

• Advertisement

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Bought in Daybreak, The Naul Co Dublin
    Winners from Duleek

I know someone in Duleek! :)

Omg it was nearly you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Small talk topic of the day:

"You didn't win the Euromillions last night, did you?!"

A welcome change from the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is it not a bit bad to be naming winners here when they may well want to try and attempt to stay anonymous?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

superg wrote: »
    Is it not a bit bad to be naming winners here when they may well want to try and attempt to stay anonymous?

People are drafting their begging letters as we speak!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hearing two sisters from Duleek

These lotto win news stories always do leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Just in , Winner from Galway but living in Waterford, bought ticket while holidaying in Spain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Bought in Daybreak, The Naul Co Dublin
    Winners from Duleek

I know someone in Duleek! :)

They're from Naul. They're openly telling people this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I was wondering how that works too. This time last year, I won about €2000 on the Lotto website, but didn't realise it until I got a claim form in the post. (I probably got the usual e-mail "News from your Lotto account" but assumed I'd won €3).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You could build a wall around your house so high nobody would ever bother you, arrive and leave by chopper.

Or you could have the first fee people that enquire about you "dissappeared" as an example to the others.

I'd like to be a feared multi millionaire. That way you could occasionally laugh maniacally in the media to let every know you have the power and money to keep am eye on them.

I'm hearing the winner is from Drumcondra. Former public servant, has asked for the whole amount in cash, sterling and dollar denominations, as he has no bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I'm hearing the winner is from Drumcondra. Former public servant, has asked for the whole amount in cash, sterling and dollar denominations, as he has no bank account.

Poor lad, sounds like he could do with the money. Well done to him and, I'm guessing, his hard to do family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Lotto wins. Winning five figure sums on the horses.

Seems to be a bit of a lucky chap.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

In this day in age ot still takes a week to get all the various EU lottery companies to send the money to Ireland so that it can be paid to the winner - joke.

If the above is true (wanting it in cash) yikes - that brings a whole host of other security issues.

One of them is in work at the minute walking around with his head in his hands. His bro did the night shift last night!!! Seriously couldn't have happened to a nicer family, they've had a tough few years. Delighted for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It'a actually a good thing that the winner/s have to wait about 10 working days before they see the loot in their accounts.

• Advertisement

Hoboo wrote: »
    One of them is in work at the minute walking around with his head in his hands. His bro did the night shift last night!!! Seriously couldn't have happened to a nicer family, they've had a tough few years. Delighted for them.

You trying to get a piece of the pie? ;)

You trying to get a piece of the pie? ;)

I've enough pie to keep me going.........but Ill be in the local later thats for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I'm A -herin the same rumour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I heard he goes to race meetings and likes a bet on the horses

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

Is playing the lotto online still considered as gambling by banks?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

It'a actually a good thing that the winner/s have to wait about 10 working days before they see the loot in their accounts.

Doesn't make much of a difference tbh. Anything they want now they could get on credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Someone off the phone with a family member, Duleek Syndicate 19m each.

Also this:
    https://m.facebook.com/DuleekDistrictNews/posts/2160229914057579

techdiver wrote: »

'tis my money, they can keep their noses out of it! Some would class keeping your money in the bank as gambling!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,435 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

techdiver wrote: »

Well how is playing the Lotto not gambling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Should they do away with all millionaire lotterys? ?? It only gives the desperate (like me) false hope

*im sure it contributes to gambling addiction

Advertisement