Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Racing Coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

AFAIK there is no cancellation process with the sky bet offer. You are just cut off after the 6 months.

Not sure about that, i got a bill that will charge a full year after 6 months. Obv ill be cancelling, but id be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lou 123

Pinesky wrote: »
    They offered you the Black Friday deal . I think that's as low as they will offer . I took it myself and I think it's good value . I used to use the other "options " but found they were not fully reliable . I find the evening reviews are worth watching , in depth interviews and good race analysis .
    This is the title of the first race at Dundalk tonight - "RacingTV #12.00 Offer Starts Tomorrow Handicap of €12,500.00" - looks like the same deal as the Black Friday one is on offer again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Lou 123 wrote: »
    This is the title of the first race at Dundalk tonight - "RacingTV #12.00 Offer Starts Tomorrow Handicap of €12,500.00" - looks like the same deal as the Black Friday one is on offer again.

I might try and get it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Got this in an email from Irish Field this morning:
    The Dublin Racing Festival is finally upon us, and to celebrate we have teamed up with the new home of British and Irish racing, Racing TV, to give you their best offer. Join Racing TV for just €12 per month (normally €31) for 12 months and, not only will you enjoy every race live from Leopardstown this weekend, you'll enjoy fantastic action throughout 2019 including complete coverage of the Cheltenham Festival!

This offer must end at midnight on Sunday. Join today and make a huge saving of €228 over the next 12 months - new and reinstating Racing TV members only.
    To take up this fantastic offer simply call 0818 776 779 (ROI) or 0845 111 6999 (NI) and quote Dublin Racing Festival or visit racingtv.com/drf - hurry, it is only available this weekend!

Personally, not going to take it up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

12e a month is still 12e too much.

Surely most lads are working 5 days a week. How often do you be at home (especially those with a young family) and have the time on a Saturday & Sunday to sit down to watch (what is mostly muck) racing to make that 12e worthwhile.

All the decent races are covered free to air on a Saturday, as are the bigger festivals. I can only speak for myself, but im sure plenty of folk are in the same boat as me. I dont see the point anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭droidman123

I find when you stick with terrestial tv you tend to limit your selections to those races,i have racing tv and atr so i have a wider spectrum when selecting my bets as i know i am going to see every race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I find when you stick with terrestial tv you tend to limit your selections to those races,i have racing tv and atr so i have a wider spectrum when selecting my bets as i know i am going to see every race.

Yeah I get that. But you can watch it online once you place a bet, and that's what I tend to do. But I don't bet that often anyway, mainly cos I don't have the time. Probably not a bad thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

ITV showing the Dublin racing festival tmrw
    3 races going live on UKTV
    Good news

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭roverjoyce

ITV showing the Dublin racing festival tmrw
    3 races going live on UKTV
    Good news

Whos giving out about the switch from ATR now

The wouldnt give the rights to ITV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Do ITV not have a major stake in Racing TV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Harry Redknap a guest on RacingUK last night. Your subscription fee hard at work there, for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

No offence to Kate H but she is very very poor as a presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Racing UK ads on RTE2 during the racing :D tactical!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

No offence to Kate H but she is very very poor as a presenter

Agree but i'm biased so lets ask Philippa cooper...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Im trying to take up that offer of the €12 per month, but it's not accepting either of my cards, and there doesn't seem to be anyone answering their phone lines this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

A lot of fans not impressed with Racing TVs coverage of the racing at Gowran on Saturday.

Some disaster of a decision.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 16,387 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

Was never going to work unless they had a second channel.

I used to enjoy even the post race chat from Lydia etc but hardly any of that now with everything crammed in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Shaney Boy

I didn't bother signing up for RTV and I can't see myself doing so for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Ironically/strangely, Eir do not include Sky Sports Racing in their Sky Sports package.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJ59

I think their coverage Monday to Friday and Sunday is good. Saturday was always going to be a problem because of the way the British racing authorities overload it while neglecting Sundays. Last Saturday was a disaster with to much high quality racing and no room to digest a race before the next one came along. The coverage of Gowran was a disgrace. On ATR quite often the Irish racing was all they had in the NH season along with an all weather card from Lingfield or wherever so they could give it proper coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭onlyonpaper

Anyone see any offers recently for Rtv Irish coverage. With flat racing starting again at end month I thought there may be some fresh offers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Anyone see any offers recently for Rtv Irish coverage. With flat racing starting again at end month I thought there may be some fresh offers

Thought I saw €15 per month offer in the rp during this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

TV3 or Virgin or whatever there called have really made a balls of Cheltenham. RTEs coverage can leave a lot to be desired but really miss the Irish perspective during this week. ITV racing focus on the British horses and rightfully so but it wouldn't hurt for TV3 to send a few lads over instead of the ITV crap.

Ted Walsh alone is worth it. The man has forgotten more than any of us will ever know about racing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

piplip87 wrote: »
    TV3 or Virgin or whatever there called have really made a balls of Cheltenham. RTEs coverage can leave a lot to be desired but really miss the Irish perspective during this week. ITV racing focus on the British horses and rightfully so but it wouldn't hurt for TV3 to send a few lads over instead of the ITV crap.

Ted Walsh alone is worth it. The man has forgotten more than any of us will ever know about racing

ITV Racing coverage is pathetic,utter garbage.Give me RTE anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Of all the stations - RTV, ATR, ITV, RTE,

RTE is by far my favourite racing coverage. They really need to show more, don’t like that clown andy mccnarama who does be down at the start tho

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

I won't hear a bad word about Andy Mac, lovely fella!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Of all the stations - RTV, ATR, ITV, RTE,

RTE is by far my favourite racing coverage. They really need to show more, don’t like that clown andy mccnarama who does be down at the start tho

Well RTE are ok except for Brian Gleeson who seems more suited to ITV.

Advertisement