Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old TV programmes you liked but no one else remembers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Murphy Brown, a comedy about a Washington DC newscaster

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Nowhere Man ran for one season in 1995. It was about a photojournalist played by Bruce Greenwood whose identity was erased.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭smilerf

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Nowhere Man ran for one season in 1995. It was about a photojournalist played by Bruce Greenwood whose identity was erased.
    this was really good very tense and intriguing with the hangings etc. Shame it was axed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Prisoner. I know it was made in the '60's, but it was really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

The Singing Ringing Tree.
    The dwarf used to frighten the life out of me...but I still continued watching the show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhVFcy4ZMIg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,092 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

bubblypop wrote: »
    I used to love 'monkey ' or 'monkey magic'
    Can't even remember the name!!
    No one remembers it, I think it was Japanese. I loved it so much when I was a kid! Late 70s or early 80s!

Just so you know: there is now a live version if it available on Netflix ...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,092 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Also: Doctor Snuggles.
    Crackerjack
    Ivor the Engine
    The Red Hand Gang

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

branie2 wrote: »
    A.D. A religious drama series based on the Acts of the Apostles, made in 1985.

Wasn't there a religious current affairs-type programme of the same name?
    I think it was broadcast in the mid to late 1970s.

• Advertisement

The Icarus Agenda

Telford's Change

The Price

The Brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

New Home wrote: »
    It was quite recent, but HBO's "Carnivàle" was brilliant, pity they didn't renew it after leaving it on a cliffhanger. Also relatively recent and pretty good indeed was "Dead Like Me".

Have you seen, or were you aware they did a tv movie of Dead Like Me to basically wrap things up? I wasn't a fan of the film. Felt the tone was different.

Did a search and see some mentioned like T-Bag. And 2 shows I've rewatched recently - Box of Delights and Mysterious Cities of Gold.

A show I really liked as a child that only got one season was The Visionaries.
    Alfonso Bonzo was another weird one.
    Jossy's Giants with the catchy theme song - Football's just a branch of science.

And then there's the show we got to watch while in national school on BBC - Look & Read which would be a scripted series one day a week with the likes of Badger Girl, Through the Dragon's Eye, Geordie Racer and Dark Tower. (I see they're all on youtube so will be busy watching those at some point)
    Other days it would be all educational with the likes of

And now because of trying to think of something for this thread I was reminded of "There's somebody at the door!" from Rod & emu

madmaggie wrote: »
    It ain't half hot, Mum, also with Windsor Davies. All I remember is him shouting "you 'orrible lot".

"Shaaaddduuuupppppp!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Ok retro no one remembers eh....hmmmmmmmmm....

Used to be on RTE Saturday mornings...

Also used to be on RTE...

and...

What do I win?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Tony EH wrote: »
    Ok retro no one remembers eh....hmmmmmmmmm....

Used to be on RTE Saturday mornings...

Also used to be on RTE...

and...

What do I win?

I remember Salvage-1 but the other two don't ring a bell and we only had RTE.

I remember Salvage-1 but the other two don't ring a bell and we only had RTE.

I think they were on 'Anything Goes' or something like that.

Here's a few more...

The last show, 'Jigsaw', used to feature a character called Noseybonk and he used to scare the crap out of me. Creepy bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

I remember Jayce alright, and the baddy ShawBoss.

Did anyone ever "Risk a Crisp" on the Steve and Danny show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,379 ✭✭✭cml387

If you have Freeview, a lot of the channels with,shall we say, higher numbers have a load of those old programmes that I barely remember.

Talking Pictures TV (highly recommend, by the way) are re-running Gideon's Way, a programme I barely remember seeing only a listing for because it was on far too late for me. It stars the late great John Greigson and is from the early 60's.

"The Invaders" is running on another channel. Forces TV is showing "Special Branch" from the 1970's and was showing Hogan's Heroes.

And don't forget "Tales of the Unexpected" now on Sky Arts on Saturday mornings, complete with camera lens flare and dodgy outfits (and the delectable Cherie Lunghi).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

cml387 wrote: »
    If you have Freeview, a lot of the channels with,shall we say, higher numbers have a load of those old programmes that I barely remember.

Talking Pictures TV (highly recommend, by the way) are re-running Gideon's Way, a programme I barely remember seeing only a listing for because it was on far too late for me. It stars the late great John Greigson and is from the early 60's.

"The Invaders" is running on another channel. Forces TV is showing "Special Branch" from the 1970's and was showing Hogan's Heroes.

Gideon’s Way top ITC series
    Special Branch like two different programmes, the VT series with Derren Nesbitt and the later George Sewell episodes shot on film. Both released on DVD by Network

Casey Jones
    Whirlybirds
    Champion the Wonder Horse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

Up Donegal wrote: »
    Casey Jones
    Whirlybirds
    Champion the Wonder Horse

I LOVED Champoin The Wonder Horse.

Freebie and the Bean

Holmes and Yoyo

The Double Deckers

Crystal Tips and Alistair

Executive Suite

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Anyone remember a tv show on ITV in the mid 80's called "Your mother wouldn't like it" ?

I loved it as a kid, it had loads of sketches and skits - they did a spoof version of Grange Hill (which I also loved) called Palace Hill, and a spoof of He-man called Twee-Man, his nemesis was "Toilet door" skeletor :)

Great memories :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I'd say not too many people remember C-P & Qwikstitch. It was one of those things that before the advent of the internet I thought I'd imagined. I could have sworn there was a version dubbed into Irish as well but this might be a false memory.

https://www.rte.ie/archives/2014/1016/652830-robots-come-to-life/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

cml387 wrote: »

Lots of them on Youtube also. Been slipping in episodes of skippy between my daughter's regular 'slime and opening things' crap.

Advertisement