Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jumpers are Coming 2018/19

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Apples not done with yet but will have to stop jumping right handed when she's in against better opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Motivator wrote: »
    Looked like a jockey who was out for a run on the track. Never heard the horses coming. Very strange as you’d always see jockeys run on the inside of the hurdles/fences during a race. Often I’ve seen Patrick Mullins jump a few hurdles but never as the race is happening! Whoever it was he was lucky he didn’t get a clatter. Headphones must have been in too as you’d expect him to hear horses coming behind him - especially as they had just jumped a flight.

Exactly what happened.

Nolan's jockey Evan Daly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I thought Apples Jade was exceptional on Sunday. I think and i dont see any reason why they would be lying. But the struggle of her keeping coming into season at the end of last year is a fair excuse. Hopefully she comes back to her best this year. Would love if they sent her for the stayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Apples Jade vs Faugheen vs Thistlecrack in the Stayers make it happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Some performance from Jezki Sunday
    That horse just will not lie down
    If Jezki was a footballer he would be James Milner!!!
    touched 16/1 at one point!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some performance from Jezki Sunday
    That horse just will not lie down
    If Jezki was a footballer he would be James Milner!!!
    touched 16/1 at one point!

Be great to see him win again but I don't know... impressive on Sunday against a good field, just watched the replay there.

He wont be winning any grade 1 or 2 races anytime again but if they pick and choose he defo could win again.
    He won twice last year, Gowran and Tipp I think wasn't it? Beat Tombstone along the way and possibly Identity Thief also ?
    To say they are letting him keep going speaks volumes as its not like JP or JH are short of winners...

He is just a fabulous ol legend of a horse. Hugely admirable and brave.
    Ironic really cos i hate Liverpool!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Angliru wrote: »
    Apples Jade vs Faugheen vs Thistlecrack in the Stayers make it happen!

Faugheen will hopefully go for the Champion. In my view he is capable of 1-2 big runs a year and if he rocks up there in form he wont be far away. Id liek to see him run well Sunday but not get bottomed out and appear in march a fresh horse.

Apples Jade should also be running in Champion, i'm not sure what can give her 7lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

aidankkk wrote: »
    Faugheen will hopefully go for the Champion. In my view he is capable of 1-2 big runs a year and if he rocks up there in form he wont be far away. Id liek to see him run well Sunday but not get bottomed out and appear in march a fresh horse.

Apples Jade should also be running in Champion, i'm not sure what can give her 7lbs.

Both at this stage in their careers aren’t 2 milers, both should be in the stayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sweeneed

madmoose wrote: »
    Both at this stage in their careers aren’t 2 milers, both should be in the stayers.

AJ is 6!! and cant see faugheen near champ hurdle age 11 come march....

• Advertisement

madmoose wrote: »

I generally tend not to look at the obvious. Apples Jade is a 2m4f horse which has proven perfect for Champion Hurdles in the past and is only 6 and getting 7lbs. I honestly that on top form she would be very hard to get beat in a strong run CH. Laurina is only 6/1 and no where near the proven form YET. If she won the race the other day the way Apples' did she'd be even shorter now.

What way do you see Jezki's year mapping out Aidan?
    Will he stay at home for the season?

aidankkk wrote: »
    I generally tend not to look at the obvious. Apples Jade is a 2m4f horse which has proven perfect for Champion Hurdles in the past and is only 6 and getting 7lbs. I honestly that on top form she would be very hard to get beat in a strong run CH. Laurina is only 6/1 and no where near the proven form YET. If she won the race the other day the way Apples' did she'd be even shorter now.

I understand trainers change their mind on every occasion but Gordon did say in an ATR stable tour that the mares hurdle was the plan and they would consider the stayers.
    Added to that there is no chance she runs if Samcro stays hurdling and gets there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Laurina will run in the mares hurdle again.
    People should really know better by now than to listen to anything Willie Mullins says.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    People should really know better by now than to listen to anything Willie Mullins says.

Laurina has never run in the mares hurdle before so she will hardly run there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

kiers47 wrote: »
    Laurina has never run in the mares hurdle before so she will hardly run there again.

Fair enough.
    She'll stick to her own sex again, like she did last year.

Black Op out later at Exeter. Should take the beating if jumping around.
    A nice chasing type youd imagine.

**Literally taken out less than 10mins after i posted this. haha

yaboya1 wrote: »

ooohhh that's really not gone well for you son..........

What way do you see Jezki's year mapping out Aidan?
    Will he stay at home for the season?

County of top weight maybe ?.. Carrying top weight in that race works. In reality i think he is still not that far behind top class, but id imagine they will be trying to pick up a few crumbs along the way.

In the County Artic Fire won it of 158 and Lami Serge was second :mad: of 152. Jezki could well be below 150 and id be all over that on the day (once he is a decent price)

Probably his (Jezki) last year at this level, be lovely to see him go out on a high at the Festival. The more you watch the race last weekend you realise what a good run it was, he was well ahead of 3rd, and he went off top price.
    Oh to have AP back on him at race weights!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

JH was hoping to stick him over a fence this season, subject to owner approving- saw on podcast or preview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Probably his (Jezki) last year at this level, be lovely to see him go out on a high at the Festival. The more you watch the race last weekend you realise what a good run it was, he was well ahead of 3rd, and he went off top price.
    Oh to have AP back on him at race weights!!

McCoy and Jezki never really suited one another. Geraghty and Jezki were magic together in the good old days. McCoy won the Champion Hurdle on him at Punchestown but the horse was at his best under Geraghty.

In fairness to Barry he gets a lot of stick over the past year. But I think he has been back close to his best of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I wouldn't back a Geraghty ridden horse with free money.

And that's not an opinion based on myself losing money, I just think he's poison and often costs a horse lengths at an obstacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

Slattsy wrote: »

And that's not an opinion based on myself losing money, I just think he's poison and often costs a horse lengths at an obstacle.

Thats some statement, one of the best ever jockeys over fences. Ye Must of burnt a few times ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Slattsy wrote: »

On the sauce again Slattsy??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

He’s right lads he has been worse than useless the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Pogue eile wrote: »
    On the sauce again Slattsy??

Never touched a drop in me life!

In fairness I'd disagree with that. But game of opinions.

In any case I think people put way to much weight in jockeys. Usually as they are looking for someone to blame for a bad bet or a horse not winning. Sometimes you just place a bad bet. People need to own that more and learn from it rather than blaming jockeys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

kiers47 wrote: »
    In fairness I'd disagree with that. But game of opinions.

In any case I think people put way to much weight in jockeys. Usually as they are looking for someone to blame for a bad bet or a horse not winning. Sometimes you just place a bad bet. People need to own that more and learn from it rather than blaming jockeys.

Was just trying to think who the last high profile jockey in Irish racing was that didnt get abused was and I'm struggling to be honest. It's a combination of small fields, gold fish bowl syndrome, pocket talk and probably a certain element of begrudgery as well.

Advertisement