Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2019

Options

Comments

I didn't enter any of my gang this year but i have to admit I'm still really looking forward to seeing how all the little boardsie pet's get on. This secret Santa is one of the best things on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

I have to apologise to my secret santa my wrapping skills are hopeless and I forgot to put something in which I remembered after I had stuck everything so I had to stick it in an envelope under the address haha!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Kajemo wrote: »
    I have to apologise to my secret santa my wrapping skills are hopeless and I forgot to put something in which I remembered after I had stuck everything so I had to stick it in an envelope under the address haha!!!

Love it :D It's the thought that counts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

jellybear wrote: »
    Great job guys!! It seems that all parcels are their way or will be by Monday and some have even received theirs!! Thanks so much for making this run so smoothly. Yis are a great bunch ;) Now the long wait till opening day!!:D

Including mine. sent and received in good time. Serious health issues here so am way behind with messages etc/ apologies

PS the ferryman delivers post out here a couple or three times a week and kindly takes outgoing. I leave it in a bag on the gate to speed his progress

He must think I am totally nutty getting a parcel addressed to a cat and sending one to two cats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

All pressies have arrived, Esmae & Mr C enjoying the denzels, they love ‘em :)

em_cat wrote: »
    All pressies have arrived, Esmae & Mr C enjoying the denzels, they love ‘em :)

Em-cat, did you cheat and open the pressies early!? :P We all know who the cheeky member of Secret Santa is now, your secret's out :D

Em-cat, did you cheat and open the pressies early!? :P We all know who the cheeky member of Secret Santa is now, your secret's out :D

Cheat? me? No...

Esmae, blame her! She’s super crafty when food is involved! We do doggie dancing for building her confidence & she kept twirling and singing, I got annoyed & gave in, as you do :)

em_cat wrote: »
    Cheat? me? No...

Esmae, blame her! She’s super crafty when food is involved! We do doggie dancing for building her confidence & she kept twirling and singing, I got annoyed & gave in, as you do :)

Ha ha...love it! Esmae, you clever girl ;)

Boycat would be as bad but I immediately stashed his parcel. still brown wrapped, in a room he is not allowed in!

I once had someone visiting and she was making mayonnaise eggs in the kitchen with the window open and in came a large paw and scooped mayonnaise up!

He is a total foodaholic thief, bless him so he does not even know there is a gift for him..

• Advertisement

I'm delighted to report that all presents have arrived safely!! Thanks so much everyone!!:)

Thank YOU for all the work and organisation you have put in on this; so much pleasure to so many of us

THANK YOU!

I'm delighted to report that all presents have arrived safely!! Thanks so much everyone!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Is it the 23rd yet??

Ahhh go on and pretend it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thank you to Leo's Secret Santa. My kids especially loved his Christmas Stocking. You can tell they did their research & lots of effort went into it. Leo loves beating the **** out of his new toy bird & admiring himself in his new mirrors. He spends more time looking in the mirror than me.

498197.jpg

I think Riker the Border Terrier must have been a bold boy all year as he got this present below minus the hairbrush for size idea. :o It also included One Chocolate Button which had broken up. Sadly it is not suitable for a Border as 2 of the 3 small toys are too small for him.

498198.jpg

I think my calendar must be wrong...could have sworn the 23rd was tomorrow...:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I think my calendar must be wrong...could have sworn the 23rd was tomorrow...:P

Pmsl. I blame TK123. She told me it was opening Day :D:D:D

Knine wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Knine wrote: »

:o:o:o

Sorry Sorry I mixed up the date! I bowed out a few years ago due to time constraints and some similar experiences to poor Riker! However thank you to previous SS's who did put the time in and choose size (and species:eek:!) appropriate presents. We still have a few - the duck Bailey got a few years ago is Lucy's favourite. He's had a few quack replacement surgeries at this stage but still going strong!! :pac:

Goodness, I’m sure Rikers SS is feeling a bit upset right now, those toys are enjoyed by our two, one who has the same terrier tendencies as any border terrier and is as lithe and terrier driven as Riker is bound to be or indeed is bred to be.

My two may not be pedigree & are neurotic, co dependant and most defo are not working dogs, but they do love ripping open anything they are given & love Choco Drops.

We enjoy participating, toys of any size or kind are welcomed here and sure if something doesn’t suit my two then I’m always able to find a home for it. My two are not particularly adept at working out species specific toys as Esmae is particularly fond of cat nip filled or scented balls.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Lads this is supposed to be a feel good thread. It's about getting in the Christmas spirit rather than expectations of receiving something fancy. Let's not put a damper on opening day.

I entered my nieces cats this year. As they are away all day tomorrow they opened their prezzie tonight. As it's nearly opening day I'll go ahead, was going to wait till tomorrow but ...

Misty (Black & White) and Sergai received a lovely hand knitted 'play mat'. I suspect there is some catnip in there. They are both interested in it but Misty loves it.

Thank you so much to their secret Santa for a thoughtful, handmade gift.

498250.jpg

498251.jpg

498252.jpg

Okay guys, it's nearly officially opening time!!:)
    Please remember Secret Santa is a bit of fun and has always been a lovely tradition here on the Animals & Pets forum :)
    Looking forward to seeing some more pictures in the morning :)

Mr C still plays with the Santie from last year & must say it was spot on for size and squish ability. He never played with the squeaky penguin but boy does Esmae love it, it’s feet are gone and doesn’t squeak anymore but she loves it.

They loved the Denzel treats from this year, thank you SS :) and they play with both the toys. Holly’s ( in-laws golden oldie) will get her’s on the day and the piggies will love their pressies cause they can smell it & best of all can eat it!!!

If I can get a pic of a piggie popcorn I’ll post it but I can’t guarantee it...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Folks,
    I've deleted a couple of posts. This is NOT a thread for arguing on, and I'd thank you to refrain from posting unless it's in the spirit of the thread, as has already been requested by Cherry Blossom.
    Happy Christmas.
    DBB

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Everyone must be really busy with work and errands today. Opening day is my favourite part of the secret santa. Im hoping the thread is busier this evening when people get a chance to catch their breath. The thread is very quiet.

Mine won't get too open there's until tomorrow evening😣😣

Harpy wrote: »
    Mine won't get too open there's until tomorrow evening😣😣

The weird symbols where meant to be sad faces.

Mea culpa as did not realise there was an official pre-Christmas Opening Day... Been perforce out of circulation much of the week so tomorrow? So sorry...all sounds very good though; my first time on a Secret Santa thingie and hope it will not be my last. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

I've followed this thread for a few years now... hopefully I'll be able to partake in it next year! :D

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement

Mr C having a nibble on his new pal Tony!

Advertisement