Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2019

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

em_cat wrote: »
    Mr C having a nibble on his new pal Tony!

Awh so cute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Was chatting to family in Canada earlier so shared the " Opening" on the phone! OH MY ! Such goodies! Oliver is blissed out with a catnip toy.... Boycat shared with Tonto ( the feral), and lots of fun ahead!

THANK YOU !
    NB I did rotate it to be right way up but it has not taken? So sorry... can anyone please amend it? Would hate all to get stiff necks!

Oh wow Graces7!! They were spoiled rotten :D Hope they're enjoying all their new goodies!!

jellybear wrote: »
    Oh wow Graces7!! They were spoiled rotten :D Hope the y're enjoying all their new goodies!!

It was all and each so beautifully wrapped too... a real treat...fun ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Knine wrote: »
    Thank you to Leo's Secret Santa. My kids especially loved his Christmas Stocking. You can tell they did their research & lots of effort went into it. Leo loves beating the **** out of his new toy bird & admiring himself in his new mirrors. He spends more time looking in the mirror than me.

498197.jpg

I think Riker the Border Terrier must have been a bold boy all year as he got this present below minus the hairbrush for size idea. :o It also included One Chocolate Button which had broken up. Sadly it is not suitable for a Border as 2 of the 3 small toys are too small for him.

498198.jpg

I think Sandie had the same secret Santa as Riker, we got a smashed up chocolate button and the same sock, poor Sandie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Thanks to Rosie's secret Santa she loved her pressies!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Knine wrote: »

I think Riker the Border Terrier must have been a bold boy all year as he got this present below minus the hairbrush for size idea. :o It also included One Chocolate Button which had broken up. Sadly it is not suitable for a Border as 2 of the 3 small toys are too small for him.

498198.jpg
    tk123 wrote: »
    :o:o:o

Sorry Sorry I mixed up the date! I bowed out a few years ago due to time constraints and some similar experiences to poor Riker! However thank you to previous SS's who did put the time in and choose size (and species:eek:!) appropriate presents. We still have a few - the duck Bailey got a few years ago is Lucy's favourite. He's had a few quack replacement surgeries at this stage but still going strong!! :pac:
    Kajemo wrote: »
    I think Sandie had the same secret Santa as Riker, we got a smashed up chocolate button and the same sock, poor Sandie

Guys, can i just say that im sorry to hear some have been disapointed but can i just chime in and say dogs in particular can be hard to buy for. My own are not to fond of rope toys or balls but there is no possible way a gifter could possibly know this. Im aware that people have had mixed experiences past and current and more than a few people have been upset this year. I want to assure you all that you are being listened to and myself, DBB and jellybear have all recieved PMs from people who are having a tough time. You will all be given the opportunity in the new year to voice your opinions and concerns but for now can we all just try to enjoy the rest of the festivities.

Merry Christmas,
    CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

It's been a long time since I watched this, I think it was back in the early years of API secret santa (2011). It still brings a smile to my face, he used to get so excited at Christmas time opening presents. He's gone over 4 years now, RIP Charlie :)

I didn't join in this year but the API secret santa was always very special at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭em_cat

That was such a lovely video. Esmae is very much about the opening and Mr C nicks whatever is inside & it all gets very manic...Which is why I haven’t got a pic of Esmae with her ss toy.

Buts here’s a pic when I asked where it was...

Awh such a beautiful video and a gorgeous memory to have!
    Beautiful photo too, em_cat!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Persie and beaus loved their presents. Beau got the same stockings as above but loved it. Persie was absolutely spoilt by their secret Santa she got a ridicolous amount of stuff..

Two very happy dogs here tonight.
    Thank you secret Santa.

Love the reindog! We had some ears from a few years back but I think they may have been eaten. Nom nom nom.

Oh Harpy, they look so happy!! Gorgeous pictures!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Love the reindog! We had some ears from a few years back but I think they may have been eaten. Nom nom nom.

Yeah persie went to chew them after I took them off her so they are put away until tomorrow.. also the teddy red bone lasted about 15minutes a tug of war ensued, which resulted in a fluff filled floor, that's the fun of it though. They had a ball here this evening with everything..

Today's magic moment" from the Secret Santa treats?

Bella, the little fluffy girl who had a terror of doors when she arrived? I spent over an hour one day coaxing and soothing her through the front door. She was the most traumatised of the three..

In the Secret Santa gift there was a catnip toy on elastic and a loop to hang from a door handle. Watching her chasing it was a delight! They are so athletic and supple these young cats.. Full of joie de vivre...

Thank you, Secret Santa!

Please, what is in Dreamies! There was a stocking filled with sachets in the Secret Santa gift; I had heard the name but never seen them..

I opened a sachet y'day and there was a riot, a feeding frenzy! Every cat within range came to life and pounced... lol... Is there catnip therein?

lol...

Graces7 wrote: »
    Please, what is in Dreamies! There was a stocking filled with sachets in the Secret Santa gift; I had heard the name but never seen them..

I opened a sachet y'day and there was a riot, a feeding frenzy! Every cat within range came to life and pounced... lol... Is there catnip therein?

lol...

God only knows I was cat sitting for my neighbours indoor cat recently and had some dreamies for him & he went bananas.

Well I googled... fascinating! The coating, which they double, is somethng called Animal Digest.. google Dreamies faqs! Small wonder they go crazy! Could be very useful indeed so many thanks Secret Santa!
    God only knows I was cat sitting for my neighbours indoor cat recently and had some dreamies for him & he went bananas.

Occurs to me dreamies could be very useful for coaxing reluctant cats into catboxes… I will set a sachet aside.. One sniff and the cat turns to mush!

see what magic Secret Santa is working ;)

Advertisement